Architect: Solar-Wind powered border wall would 'pay for itself'
WASHINGTON – With Mexico apparently unwilling to pay for President Donald Trump's proposed border wall, and Congress always hard up for cash, a New York architect has come forward with a concept that is meant to pay for itself.
His plan: A 1,000 mile long border wall equipped with solar panels and wind turbines that will generate more than $1.2 billion per year in electricity. With an estimated $25 billion cost, the wall – pitched as "the largest green project of its kind in the world" – would be paid for in 25 years.
The solar and wind powered wall is the brainchild of Vijay... read more
- 19:55 Russia may be aiding Taliban in Afghanistan, top US general says
- 19:50 Motorcyclist faces 2nd-degree murder charge in crash that killed woman
- 19:50 Glendale police: Motorcycle passenger in fatal accident identified
- 19:25 Senate Moves to Permanently Kill the FCC's Broadband Privacy Rules
- 19:24 Pelham man pleads guilty to anabolic steroid distribution charges
- 18:57 Danny White on return to ASU: 'It's genetic with me'
- 18:52 German parliament considers changing 'father of house' rules
- 18:46 Third note threatening shooting at Flagstaff High School surfaces
- 18:46 Teen critical after car goes airborne, crashes into Jefferson...
- 18:37 UN condemns North Korea tests which contribute to nukes