Attorney Corbett O'Meara killed in St. Clair Shores car crash
A prominent attorney who was the son of a federal judge was killed in a car crash Saturday in St. Clair Shores.
Corbett O'Meara, 47, of Grosse Pointe Farms, died after the 1999 Acura he was driving rear-ended a 2001 Mercedes Benz and then hit a tree, St. Clair Shores police said.
The accident injured the other driver, a 62-year-old Eastpointe woman, who was listed in stable condition today at a local hospital, Police Lt. Steve Lambert said. He did not release her name.
O'Meara was the son of... read more
Most read news
- 15:26 Tonys nod to American classics
- 15:23 'Partridge Family' actress dies at 52
- 15:17 Plea deal frees student charged with 2 rapes, beating
- 15:16 Orioles-White Sox game on Wednesday closed to public
- 14:56 With Orioles' homestand in flux, a few potential scheduling scenarios
- 14:50 At Supreme Court, gay marriage protests divide a family
- 14:41 See rainbow-colored images from Mercury
- 14:14 First take: No slam-dunk for same-sex marriage?
- 14:02 Saudi Arabia foils U.S. Embassy attack, arrests 93 suspects
- 14:02 40 years later, Vietnam still deeply divided over war