Attorney Corbett O'Meara killed in St. Clair Shores car crash
A prominent attorney who was the son of a federal judge was killed in a car crash Saturday in St. Clair Shores.
Corbett O'Meara, 47, of Grosse Pointe Farms, died after the 1999 Acura he was driving rear-ended a 2001 Mercedes Benz and then hit a tree, St. Clair Shores police said.
The accident injured the other driver, a 62-year-old Eastpointe woman, who was listed in stable condition today at a local hospital, Police Lt. Steve Lambert said. He did not release her name.
O'Meara was the son of U.S. District Judge John Corbett O'Meara and was associated with the law firm of Sanford A. Schulman... read more
- 18:01 ASU WR Devin Lucien drafted by Patriots in 7th round of NFL draft
- 17:55 Will Parks drafted by Broncos in sixth round of NFL draft
- 17:52 Storms starting to develop in Alabama; more to the west
- 17:52 Community garden in Birmingham's Gate City neighborhood gets a boost
- 17:43 Here's how to make a 'baked Alyeska'
- 17:39 SEE IT: Jimmy Fallon and Paul Rudd star in remake of Styx's 'Too...
- 17:32 McClellan officials: In search for Alabama prison site, count us out
- 17:16 New poll: Cruz leads Trump in Indiana
- 17:12 FIVE THINGS TO WATCH in the Alabama Legislature’s last days
- 17:11 Cardinals select cornerback Harlan Miller in 6th round of NFL draft