Attorney Corbett O'Meara killed in St. Clair Shores car crash
A prominent attorney who was the son of a federal judge was killed in a car crash Saturday in St. Clair Shores.
Corbett O'Meara, 47, of Grosse Pointe Farms, died after the 1999 Acura he was driving rear-ended a 2001 Mercedes Benz and then hit a tree, St. Clair Shores police said.
The accident injured the other driver, a 62-year-old Eastpointe woman, who was listed in stable condition today at a local hospital, Police Lt. Steve Lambert said. He did not release her name.
O'Meara was the son of U.S. District Judge John Corbett O'Meara and was associated with the law firm of Sanford A. Schulman... read more
- 11:02 Ford sales rise with boost from discounts
- 10:57 Phoenix Suns set 2016 Summer League roster
- 10:57 Randall Delgado brings versatility to Diamondbacks staff
- 10:55 Fans explain why they stopped attending NASCAR races
- 10:55 Ryan Lochte, Michael Phelps renew great rivalry
- 10:55 Istanbul airport terror attack victims mourned, honored, praised
- 10:29 The Latest: UK, France say security cooperation to continue
- 10:29 US congressman: Chechen extremist behind Istanbul attack
- 10:29 Official: Airport attackers from Russia, Central Asia
- 10:29 Amid crisis, support grows for Puerto Rico statehood