Attorney Corbett O'Meara killed in St. Clair Shores car crash
A prominent attorney who was the son of a federal judge was killed in a car crash Saturday in St. Clair Shores.
Corbett O'Meara, 47, of Grosse Pointe Farms, died after the 1999 Acura he was driving rear-ended a 2001 Mercedes Benz and then hit a tree, St. Clair Shores police said.
The accident injured the other driver, a 62-year-old Eastpointe woman, who was listed in stable condition today at a local hospital, Police Lt. Steve Lambert said. He did not release her name.
O'Meara was the son of... read more
Most read news
- 00:59 Washington's Sleepy Hollow fire burns 24 houses, unites a neighborhood
- 00:59 Police car in deadly pursuit had no working dashcam
- 00:53 Obama to propose expanding overtime for millions
- 00:53 Delaware Catholics prep for visit by Pope Francis
- 00:34 Yarnell Hill Fire lawsuits settle for $670,000, reforms
- 00:13 What's Online Today: Highlights for June 30
- 00:07 Same-sex marriage decision is no abstract legal exercise, but a...
- 00:07 Alaska must take advantage of U.S. focus on Arctic
- 00:01 U.S.-Germany semifinal in Women's World Cup a study in contrasts
- 23:57 Arts Scene: The first hundred years of Anchorage, a decade at a time