Attorney Corbett O'Meara killed in St. Clair Shores car crash
A prominent attorney who was the son of a federal judge was killed in a car crash Saturday in St. Clair Shores.
Corbett O'Meara, 47, of Grosse Pointe Farms, died after the 1999 Acura he was driving rear-ended a 2001 Mercedes Benz and then hit a tree, St. Clair Shores police said.
The accident injured the other driver, a 62-year-old Eastpointe woman, who was listed in stable condition today at a local hospital, Police Lt. Steve Lambert said. He did not release her name.
O'Meara was the son of... read more
Most read news
- 12:50 House ethics panel launches formal probe of Rep. Whitfield
- 12:45 Pentangle guitar master John Renbourn dies
- 12:08 Billie Joe Armstrong musical due off-Broadway
- 12:08 Obama talks drugs, crime and Omar with 'The Wire' creator
- 12:08 Selfie-loving iPhone thief taunts owner of phone
- 12:01 Nebraska's jobless rate lowest in U.S. in Feb.
- 11:35 Ted Cruz raises $2 million for White House bid
- 11:24 Israel to stop withholding Palestinian tax revenues
- 11:16 Ford paid former CEO more than current chief
- 10:59 3 Shiite Militias Quit Iraqi Siege of Islamic State Over U.S. Air Role