Attorney Corbett O'Meara killed in St. Clair Shores car crash
A prominent attorney who was the son of a federal judge was killed in a car crash Saturday in St. Clair Shores.
Corbett O'Meara, 47, of Grosse Pointe Farms, died after the 1999 Acura he was driving rear-ended a 2001 Mercedes Benz and then hit a tree, St. Clair Shores police said.
The accident injured the other driver, a 62-year-old Eastpointe woman, who was listed in stable condition today at a local hospital, Police Lt. Steve Lambert said. He did not release her name.
O'Meara was the son of... read more
Most read news
- 23:16 UNC academic fraud report to be released Wednesday
- 22:47 Fitness profile: Former college athlete still runs, bikes and swims
- 22:30 Mesa FD keeps shed fire from spreading to strip mall
- 22:28 NC review commission says Common Core too hard for some students
- 21:57 Mecklenburg social worker accused of selling clients' information...
- 21:51 Same-sex couple still face legal hurdles in Arizona
- 20:12 Justices to rule on police searches of hotel registries
- 20:03 Obama acts in Kobani despite Turkish opposition
- 19:41 Law schools revamp for new era
- 18:57 Group: NC officials can refuse to marry gay couples