Bing closing graft-filled Detroit Department of Human Services
In a move designed to improve services for struggling Detroiters, Mayor Dave Bing is forfeiting more than $72 million in federal money intended to help poor people because a city department showed it can't handle the funds effectively, his administration said Tuesday.
Bing is shutting down the Department of Human Services on the advice of state and federal officials who became alarmed after investigating it, following a series of Free Press stories that chronicled corruption and... read more
Most read news
- 20:49 Frigteningly fast Wilt bests the field in Saturday 4K race
- 20:42 Meet the Charlotte Hornets
- 20:40 Cowlishaw: Why point guard is most vital position for Mavericks in...
- 20:04 Breaking down final-week high school football playoff scenarios
- 20:01 TMS race week schedule
- 19:58 Risky onside kick helps UNC clinch victory
- 19:49 Bell Tolls: Reality bites some NFL teams entering Week 8
- 19:03 Carlton: 'Frustrated' and 'humbled' by being shut out for first...
- 18:59 Carlton: 'Frustrated' and 'humbled' by being shut out for first...
- 18:54 Ball State scores 29 straight, beats Akron 35-21