Bing closing graft-filled Detroit Department of Human Services
Bing closing graft-filled Detroit Department of Human Services In a move designed to improve services for struggling Detroiters, Mayor Dave Bing is forfeiting more than $72 million in federal money intended to help poor people because a city department showed it can't handle the funds effectively, his administration said Tuesday.
Bing is shutting down the Department of Human Services on the advice of state and federal officials who became alarmed after investigating it, following a series of... read more
Most read news
- 11:37 Federal report: More Michigan babies breastfeeding
- 11:21 Free Batman movies will screen this month at Allen library
- 11:12 LA Angels of Anaheim (64-43) at Tampa Bay Rays (53-55), 7:10 p.m. (ET)
- 11:11 Toronto Blue Jays (60-50) at Houston Astros (44-65), 8:10 p.m. (ET)
- 11:11 Former Griz offered 2-year deal with Raptors
- 11:11 Steelers extend Suisham through 2018
- 11:08 Audio: Cowboys play-by-play voice Brad Sham has fun with The...
- 11:01 Wylie proposes half-cent tax decrease
- 11:00 9 horses to run in Saratoga's $1.5M Whitney Stakes
- 11:00 Texas Rangers (43-65) at Cleveland Indians (53-55), 7:05 p.m. (ET)