Bing closing graft-filled Detroit Department of Human Services
In a move designed to improve services for struggling Detroiters, Mayor Dave Bing is forfeiting more than $72 million in federal money intended to help poor people because a city department showed it can't handle the funds effectively, his administration said Tuesday.
Bing is shutting down the Department of Human Services on the advice of state and federal officials who became alarmed after investigating it, following a series of Free Press stories that chronicled corruption and... read more
Most read news
- 00:39 Boise State prevails over Yale in overtime
- 00:10 First look at 'Game of Thrones' Season 5
- 00:10 Black Friday: Neil Young, 5SOS put spin on vinyl releases
- 00:10 Cosby's philanthropy also affected by rape claims
- 00:10 'An actor at core,' Cumberbatch avoids the precious
- 00:10 Creed frontman Scott Stapp says he's broke and homeless
- 00:10 CBS sets interim hosts for 'Late Late Show'
- 23:01 Prep Results 11.26.14
- 21:50 UAA's Zanders a repeat choice on All-West volleyball team
- 18:45 Next Holland America ship to have family cabins