Bing closing graft-filled Detroit Department of Human Services
Bing closing graft-filled Detroit Department of Human Services In a move designed to improve services for struggling Detroiters, Mayor Dave Bing is forfeiting more than $72 million in federal money intended to help poor people because a city department showed it can't handle the funds effectively, his administration said Tuesday.
Bing is shutting down the Department of Human Services on the advice of state and federal officials who became alarmed after investigating it, following a series of... read more
Most read news
- 18:56 Dominican legal status still elusive for migrants
- 18:46 Nantambu-Akil Fentress is undersized overachiever for Miami Hurricanes
- 18:45 Game thread: Detroit Lions backups finish preseason at Buffalo Bills
- 18:41 DENR rejects new legal action against Duke Energy over coal ash
- 18:39 New Miami-Dade civil courthouse proposals faces critics
- 18:32 Department of Community Health Director Haveman to step down
- 18:20 Former Concord youth pastor sent to prison for molesting boys
- 18:18 Peters' lead on Land slips to 6 percentage points in race for U.S....
- 18:18 73-year-old Dearborn man pulls gun on dentist in dispute over bill
- 18:05 Men's soccer: Charlotte 49ers confident despite loss of...