Bing closing graft-filled Detroit Department of Human Services
Bing closing graft-filled Detroit Department of Human Services In a move designed to improve services for struggling Detroiters, Mayor Dave Bing is forfeiting more than $72 million in federal money intended to help poor people because a city department showed it can't handle the funds effectively, his administration said Tuesday.
Bing is shutting down the Department of Human Services on the advice of state and federal officials who became alarmed after investigating it, following a series of... read more
Most read news
- 15:41 Ark. St. No. 1 seed in Sun Belt women's tournament
- 15:41 Jets release cornerback Antonio Cromartie
- 15:41 Survey: US average gas price up 10 cents a gallon
- 15:41 Antonio Cromartie cut by NY Jets
- 15:39 Harry Shum Jr., ‘Glee’ star, engaged to girlfriend Shelby Rabara
- 15:33 ASU 4th, UALR 5th in men's Sun Belt Tournament
- 15:32 Duggan: William Clay Ford was one of Detroit's greatest supporters
- 15:29 No. 16 Nebraska wins Big Ten tourney title
- 15:21 Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win
- 15:17 NYPD's biker bust leads to multiple arrests, confiscated dirt bikes...