Bing closing graft-filled Detroit Department of Human Services
Bing closing graft-filled Detroit Department of Human Services In a move designed to improve services for struggling Detroiters, Mayor Dave Bing is forfeiting more than $72 million in federal money intended to help poor people because a city department showed it can't handle the funds effectively, his administration said Tuesday.
Bing is shutting down the Department of Human Services on the advice of state and federal officials who became alarmed after investigating it, following a series of... read more
Most read news
- 23:01 Perez scores in 88th, Dallas tops Toronto 2-1
- 23:01 Recap: FC Dallas vs. Toronto FC
- 23:01 Recap: Columbus vs. D.C.
- 23:01 Mark Purdy: Young Sharks catching on to this Stanley Cup playoffs...
- 22:55 Jonathan Kennedy
- 22:55 Clifford Frederick Burke
- 22:54 Janice Faye Brown
- 22:54 Daisy Irene McCormick
- 21:57 Cowlishaw: Need a sliver of hope? Law of averages says Mavericks...
- 21:18 Detroit cops: Woman shot dead by man she tried to run over in...