Bing closing graft-filled Detroit Department of Human Services
Bing closing graft-filled Detroit Department of Human Services In a move designed to improve services for struggling Detroiters, Mayor Dave Bing is forfeiting more than $72 million in federal money intended to help poor people because a city department showed it can't handle the funds effectively, his administration said Tuesday.
Bing is shutting down the Department of Human Services on the advice of state and federal officials who became alarmed after investigating it, following a series of... read more
Most read news
- 02:50 Asia to witness 21st century's longest solar eclipse; one...
- 02:45 Iraq police storm mall, kill gunmen after standoff
- 02:41 Cruises make for great family reunions
- 02:41 FDA turns up heat on Canada Dry and Lipton green tea beverage labels
- 02:41 Ad or Dali painting? Shiseido ad is Photoshop retouching gone too far
- 02:40 Forget the pierced ear and the sports car: Midlife crisis may be...
- 02:40 Nutritional cocktail holds promise as treatment for Alzheimer's...
- 02:38 Gunfire echoes across C. African Republic capital
- 02:36 Gunfire echoes across C. African Republic capital
- 02:34 George Smith: It’s the little things that irk me