Bing closing graft-filled Detroit Department of Human Services
Bing closing graft-filled Detroit Department of Human Services In a move designed to improve services for struggling Detroiters, Mayor Dave Bing is forfeiting more than $72 million in federal money intended to help poor people because a city department showed it can't handle the funds effectively, his administration said Tuesday.
Bing is shutting down the Department of Human Services on the advice of state and federal officials who became alarmed after investigating it, following a series of... read more
Most read news
- 05:53 Wainwright says knee is OK after Cardinals shut out Mets
- 05:53 Athletics fall to Rangers in ninth inning
- 05:52 France unveils plan to fight jihadist threat
- 05:52 Bombing in Cairo kills senior Egypt police officer
- 05:50 Obama: US-Japan treaty applies to disputed islands
- 05:48 Florida set to execute convicted double murderer
- 05:46 France unveils plan to fight jihadist threat
- 05:13 UN heads say Syria aid needs 'largely unanswered'
- 04:13 David Haugh: Down stretch against Wizards, Bulls' weakness of...
- 03:45 Chris Brown assault trial could start Wednesday