Bing closing graft-filled Detroit Department of Human Services
In a move designed to improve services for struggling Detroiters, Mayor Dave Bing is forfeiting more than $72 million in federal money intended to help poor people because a city department showed it can't handle the funds effectively, his administration said Tuesday.
Bing is shutting down the Department of Human Services on the advice of state and federal officials who became alarmed after investigating it, following a series of Free Press stories that chronicled corruption and... read more
Most read news
- 20:56 Professor Pigskin predictions: Tebow leap of faith will lead Eagles...
- 19:51 911 call: Dispatcher alerts police about father who made threat to...
- 18:27 Rollins College suspends men's lacrosse team amid investigation
- 18:24 GOP loyalty pledge signals Trump's pure pragmatism
- 18:19 A new cruise destination takes shape in Dominican Republic
- 18:07 Handouts, Tom Brady and immigration: Letters
- 18:03 The Mothership: Remakes we actually want to see
- 18:03 Tyler Perry shares Bobbi Kristina tribute
- 18:02 U.S. nears costliest wildfire season on record
- 18:00 Motorists beware: Giant land crabs on the loose