Birmingham woman charged in shooting of brother's ex-girlfriend
An Ensley woman is behind bars in connection with the shooting of another woman last month.
Evita Lashawn Henderson, 33, is charged with attempted murder. She was booked into the Jefferson County Jail at 10:04 a.m. Monday. Her bond is set at $40,000.
The shooting happened Feb. 24 in the 200 block of 27th Street. Police at the time said the 49-year-old victim, whose name has not been released, was shot by her ex-boyfriend's sister.
The suspect - later identified as Henderson - fled the scene in a white Ford Tahoe.
Court records show Henderson is already awaiting trial on charges of... read more
- 19:50 Motorcyclist faces 2nd-degree murder charge in crash that killed woman
- 19:50 Glendale police: Motorcycle passenger in fatal accident identified
- 19:25 Senate Moves to Permanently Kill the FCC's Broadband Privacy Rules
- 19:24 Pelham man pleads guilty to anabolic steroid distribution charges
- 18:57 Danny White on return to ASU: 'It's genetic with me'
- 18:52 German parliament considers changing 'father of house' rules
- 18:46 Third note threatening shooting at Flagstaff High School surfaces
- 18:37 UN condemns North Korea tests which contribute to nukes
- 18:37 Police: Mesa woman missing, endangered
- 18:17 Ukraine ex-finance minister to oversee Puerto Rico crisis