Body of Apache Junction man pulled from Canyon Lake
A body pulled from Canyon Lake east of the Phoenix area late Sunday was identified as a 28-year-old Apache Junction man reported missing that afternoon, according to the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.
Sgt. Joaquin Enriquez, a Sheriff's Office spokesman, said deputies received multiple calls about a possible drowning around 3:30 p.m. at the Boulder Recreation Area at Canyon Lake.
Tyron Turner's body was found in 9 feet of water at about 9:30 p.m., Enriquez said.
Witnesses said they watched Turner swim from the southern to the northern part of the lake, but he became tired halfway across... read more
- 19:50 Motorcyclist faces 2nd-degree murder charge in crash that killed woman
- 19:50 Glendale police: Motorcycle passenger in fatal accident identified
- 19:25 Senate Moves to Permanently Kill the FCC's Broadband Privacy Rules
- 19:24 Pelham man pleads guilty to anabolic steroid distribution charges
- 18:57 Danny White on return to ASU: 'It's genetic with me'
- 18:52 German parliament considers changing 'father of house' rules
- 18:46 Third note threatening shooting at Flagstaff High School surfaces
- 18:37 UN condemns North Korea tests which contribute to nukes
- 18:37 Police: Mesa woman missing, endangered
- 18:17 Ukraine ex-finance minister to oversee Puerto Rico crisis