Capital murder charge in deadly drive-by shooting of Brighton teen
Authorities today announced formal charges against a man accused of killing a Brighton teen in a weekend drive-by shooting.
Kelvin Andre Edwards Jr., 23, is charged with capital murder, said Brighton Police Chief Ray Hubbart. Edwards is charged in the death of 18-year-old Tyshun Tyree Miller.
Officers responded about 6:30 p.m. Saturday to a report of shots fired in the 1400 block of Clay Street. When they arrived on the scene, they found Miller wounded. He was taken to UAB Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
The shooting happened while Miller was sitting on a bench... read more
- 19:55 Russia may be aiding Taliban in Afghanistan, top US general says
- 19:50 Motorcyclist faces 2nd-degree murder charge in crash that killed woman
- 19:50 Glendale police: Motorcycle passenger in fatal accident identified
- 19:25 Senate Moves to Permanently Kill the FCC's Broadband Privacy Rules
- 19:24 Pelham man pleads guilty to anabolic steroid distribution charges
- 18:57 Danny White on return to ASU: 'It's genetic with me'
- 18:52 German parliament considers changing 'father of house' rules
- 18:46 Third note threatening shooting at Flagstaff High School surfaces
- 18:46 Teen critical after car goes airborne, crashes into Jefferson...
- 18:37 UN condemns North Korea tests which contribute to nukes