Christine Beatty discusses 'what really went on' in new Essence article
Kwame Kilpatrick's former chief of staff and ex-mistress Christine Beatty will share her story in the November issue of Essence magazine.
In an exclusive interview, Beatty addresses what really went on behind the scenes, the painful lessons learned and her hopes for redemption, according to publicity material for the article. It also says Beatty is working to reclaim her life.
In 2008, Beatty pleaded guilty to two felony obstruction of justice charges after the Free Press published text messages that showed she lied under oath about her affair with Kilpatrick during a police... read more
- 00:44 DIVIDED AMERICA: Yearning for unity, enduring divisiveness
- 00:37 BLS backs off legwear dress code after kids protest
- 00:37 Trooper’s widow appears in ad for Question 4 foes
- 00:37 Strapped Boston schools target busing, tenure, charter funds
- 00:37 Man shot under eye in Roxbury survives
- 00:37 Suspect in bus driver attack has cell of a time getting away
- 00:37 Councilors: Legalization biz boon for pot peddlers
- 00:37 Marty Walsh voices work-safety 'concerns'
- 00:37 BU police investigate sexual assault in school tower
- 00:11 Former Uruguayan President Jorge Batlle dies at 88