David Hines new AIA executive director
David Hines is the new executive director of the Arizona Interscholastic Association.
Hines, currently serving as assistant executive director, will replace Harold Slemmer, who is retiring June 30. Hines was chosen by a unanimous vote of the AIA’s executive board.
Hines has had two stints with the AIA and was the longtime athletic director at Mesa Mountain View. He also was a track, cross country and football coach in Mesa Public Schools.
BORDOW: Five issues facing next AIA executive director
The other two finalists were Anna Battle, Tempe Union assistant superintendent for district... read more
- 19:55 Russia may be aiding Taliban in Afghanistan, top US general says
- 19:50 Motorcyclist faces 2nd-degree murder charge in crash that killed woman
- 19:50 Glendale police: Motorcycle passenger in fatal accident identified
- 19:25 Senate Moves to Permanently Kill the FCC's Broadband Privacy Rules
- 19:24 Pelham man pleads guilty to anabolic steroid distribution charges
- 18:57 Danny White on return to ASU: 'It's genetic with me'
- 18:52 German parliament considers changing 'father of house' rules
- 18:46 Third note threatening shooting at Flagstaff High School surfaces
- 18:46 Teen critical after car goes airborne, crashes into Jefferson...
- 18:37 UN condemns North Korea tests which contribute to nukes