Do facial expressions convey the same emotions around the world?
Do facial expressions convey the same emotions around the world? If you were to travel anywhere in the globe -- even to visit remote tribes who have scant contact with the larger world -- would people be able to read your emotions from your facial expressions (happiness, sadness, disgust, etc.) and would you be able to read theirs?
In other words, do people smile when they're happy, wrinkle their noses when disgusted, the world over?
Scientists have long thought so, but authors of a new study... read more
Most read news
- 23:19 High School Sports Roundup
- 23:18 On Caltech's 'Ditch Day,' they make a science out of shenanigans
- 23:17 Estrada, Gonzalez lead Brewers over Pirates
- 23:17 Girls soccer | 1A semifinal: Johnsburg falls short against Notre Dame
- 23:12 Rogers to return to game with L.A. Galaxy - report
- 23:10 Last of four brothers in Arellano Felix drug cartel pleads guilty
- 23:09 How did missing Brownstown woman die? Autopsy fails to solve mystery
- 23:05 Pirates lose 2-1 pitchers' duel in Milwaukee
- 23:03 Prep Results 05.24.13
- 23:03 N.C. Girls' Soccer Championships: Green Hope gets another crack at...