Dutch try ban on some tourists buying marijuana
Dutch try ban on some tourists buying marijuana AMSTERDAM -- A policy barring foreign tourists from buying marijuana in the Netherlands goes into effect in parts of the country Tuesday, with a protest planned in the southern city of Maastricht.
Weed is technically illegal in the Netherlands, but it is sold openly in small amounts in designated cafes under the country's famed tolerance policy.
The government has said that as of May 1, only holders of a "weed pass" will be allowed to... read more
Most read news
- 21:58 '20 Feet From Stardom' moves spotlight to the background
- 21:57 Westmont approves new restaurant tax to offset expenses
- 21:55 Plainfield man on trial for murder in Door County, Wis.
- 21:55 Stormwater-detention area worries Lake Forest residents
- 21:55 Witness: Ex-Cook County Board head gave deputy signatory power
- 21:54 Sentencing in theft of 'Idol' contestant's iPhone
- 21:53 NCAA officials forming verdict on UM
- 21:52 Can the Hawks really acquire Chris Paul and/or Dwight Howard
- 21:51 Australian sentenced for life for migrant's murder
- 21:16 New one-stop resource center could help 1,000 Orlando families a day