Ex-NBA player Javaris Crittenton set for LA court appearance
LOS ANGELES - Former NBA player Javaris Crittenton was scheduled to appear Wednesday in criminal court for a hearing in connection with his arrest in a murder case in Atlanta.
Crittenton was being held on a state penal code violation of being a fugitive from justice, FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said. He was taken into custody Monday night at John Wayne Airport in Orange County.
Police in Atlanta had obtained a murder warrant for Crittenton in the Aug. 19 shooting of Jullian Jones, 23, a... read more
Most read news
- 16:33 Poll: Rousseff takes lead in Brazil president race
- 16:19 Canadian police: no link between soldier attacks
- 15:57 Cremation fears leave empty Ebola beds in Liberia
- 15:49 DeCock: UNC experience raises old questions about compatibility of...
- 15:35 Black ASU leaders seek compromise on face-paint ban
- 15:32 Officials examine White House 'security posture'
- 15:01 Braves name John Hart president of baseball operations
- 14:55 Sounding Off: East Dallas readers discuss funding for bike-lane...
- 13:58 2 wounded in Avondale police shooting
- 13:51 MCSO: Students fight with Boulder Creek High official