Ex-NBA player Javaris Crittenton set for LA court appearance
LOS ANGELES - Former NBA player Javaris Crittenton was scheduled to appear Wednesday in criminal court for a hearing in connection with his arrest in a murder case in Atlanta.
Crittenton was being held on a state penal code violation of being a fugitive from justice, FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said. He was taken into custody Monday night at John Wayne Airport in Orange County.
Police in Atlanta had obtained a murder warrant for Crittenton in the Aug. 19 shooting of Jullian Jones, 23, a... read more
Most read news
- 21:47 College football's Week 13 winners and losers
- 21:47 No off days: No. 3 Oregon easily surpasses Colorado
- 21:38 Linson lifts Golden Bulls to win
- 21:38 Western Carolina coach Mark Speir defends FCS teams
- 20:54 NCCU doesn't advance but finishes as MEAC champs
- 18:49 CMPD's cellphone tracking cracked high-profile cases
- 18:42 Rainy, and maybe stormy, Sunday ahead for Charlotte
- 18:24 Millennials embrace Friendsgiving celebrations
- 18:11 Florida deputy ambushed and killed, officials say
- 17:58 Begich says Obama discontent, not Active ad, cost him Senate seat