Ex-NBA player Javaris Crittenton set for LA court appearance
LOS ANGELES - Former NBA player Javaris Crittenton was scheduled to appear Wednesday in criminal court for a hearing in connection with his arrest in a murder case in Atlanta.
Crittenton was being held on a state penal code violation of being a fugitive from justice, FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said. He was taken into custody Monday night at John Wayne Airport in Orange County.
Police in Atlanta had obtained a murder warrant for Crittenton in the Aug. 19 shooting of Jullian Jones, 23, a mother of four young children, as she was walking with two men.
Crittenton, 23, was wanted on a... read more
- 09:33 France's top court overturns burkini ban
- 09:32 Florida woman dies in violent crash in western Massachusetts
- 09:30 Police seek man who posed as Uber driver, attacked woman
- 09:28 Clinton team used special program to scrub server, Gowdy says
- 09:28 Man recovering after being electrocuted by power lines
- 09:28 Exposure to 9/11 disaster tied to low birth weight, preterm delivery
- 09:24 Cops still searching for clues after two nuns found murdered in...
- 09:24 The Latest: Clinton defends work of family foundation
- 09:24 Police: 1 dead, 2 injured in Sumner Tunnel crash
- 09:14 Officials: Striking miners kill deputy minister in Bolivia