Ex-NBA player Javaris Crittenton set for LA court appearance
LOS ANGELES - Former NBA player Javaris Crittenton was scheduled to appear Wednesday in criminal court for a hearing in connection with his arrest in a murder case in Atlanta.
Crittenton was being held on a state penal code violation of being a fugitive from justice, FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said. He was taken into custody Monday night at John Wayne Airport in Orange County.
Police in Atlanta had obtained a murder warrant for Crittenton in the Aug. 19 shooting of Jullian Jones, 23, a mother of four young children, as she was walking with two men.
Crittenton, 23, was wanted on a... read more
- 12:56 Artist's climate change murals paint dark future for planet
- 12:51 Pakistanis turn flag ceremony near Indian border into rally
- 12:43 Turkish leader accuses EU of insincerity on visa promise
- 12:41 Thousands expected in Boston for breast cancer walk
- 12:22 Mexico's Colima volcano erupts, 3 hamlets evacuated
- 12:19 Black-clad Poles protest proposal to completely ban abortion
- 12:16 French police clash with protesters backing Calais migrants
- 11:52 Mob associates granted immunity in case against ex-mob boss
- 11:36 Iran unveils new attack drone, says it was based on captured US...
- 11:28 Syrians refuse attempted relocation along Jordan border