Ex-NBA player Javaris Crittenton set for LA court appearance
LOS ANGELES - Former NBA player Javaris Crittenton was scheduled to appear Wednesday in criminal court for a hearing in connection with his arrest in a murder case in Atlanta.
Crittenton was being held on a state penal code violation of being a fugitive from justice, FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said. He was taken into custody Monday night at John Wayne Airport in Orange County.
Police in Atlanta had obtained a murder warrant for Crittenton in the Aug. 19 shooting of Jullian Jones, 23, a mother of four young children, as she was walking with two men.
Crittenton, 23, was wanted on a... read more
- 08:18 Curtain's up on 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- 08:18 Four new mysteries offer summer thrills
- 08:15 The Latest: Kosovo mourns 3 killed in Munich shooting
- 08:04 Rooftop solar poses credit risk for utilities
- 08:03 AP Exclusive: Medicare safeguard overwhelmed by pricey drugs
- 07:59 Last-minute lobster save: 5 brilliant things this week
- 07:59 Police showered in love at a time of 'deep challenges,' criticism...
- 07:41 Ukraine reports 6 soldiers killed in rebel east
- 07:18 Richmond Police: 3 hurt in Virginia shooting, suspect sought
- 07:15 Tech Q&A: 'Pokemon GO' tips, blocking telemarketers