Fidelity: 401(k) balances grew average 8 pct in 1Q
Fidelity: 401(k) balances grew average 8 pct in 1Q BOSTON-Employee 401(k) accounts grew nearly 8 percent last quarter as a surging stock market boosted investment returns and worker contributions increased.
Fidelity Investments, the nation's largest 401(k) administrator, said on Tuesday that the average balance among its nearly 12 million accountholders was $74,600 at the end of March. That's up from $69,100 at the end of 2011.
Fidelity attributed about 80 percent of the increase to... read more
Most read news
- 01:24 Molina, Westbrook lead Cardinals over Cubs, 4-1
- 01:24 Sale struggles for White Sox in 7-4 loss to Twins
- 01:24 Norris, As hurting after 9-4 loss to Texas
- 01:24 RMC opening critical care clinic in Piedmont
- 01:24 Second Cleburne commissioner probed in use of inmate labor
- 01:24 Yankees' Mariano Rivera shows Dodgers phenom Yasiel Puig he is...
- 01:24 Dispute over records charge keeps JSU off teacher training ratings...
- 01:18 Gov. Cuomo vows to clean up NY’s capital after rash of corruption...
- 01:16 Weeks, Ramirez homer late, Brewers top Astros 3-1
- 00:44 Where to get high & then drink