Florida man shot in NE Ohio hunting accident dies
KENT, Ohio -- Authorities say a man from west-central Florida died after being shot in an apparent hunting accident in northeast Ohio.
They say 56-year-old Donald Pigg of Beverly Hills, Fla., was shot Monday while hunting in Portage County and died early Wednesday after undergoing surgery at an Akron hospital.
Authorities say the shooting is under investigation by the Summit County Medical Examiner's Office and police in Kent.
The Record-Courier (http://bit.ly/19MF3K2 ) reports police aren't releasing details about what happened, citing an ongoing criminal investigation. No charges have... read more
- 20:25 Fact check: Clinton, Pence mislead on Indiana education
- 20:03 Report: Coach Tyronn Lue, Cavaliers agree to five-year, $35M extension
- 19:58 Not desperate enough? Why American Airlines and DFW didn't get a...
- 19:52 Parents revive 3-year-old girl pulled from pool in Gilbert
- 19:48 Sandusky scandal still casts shadow at Penn State
- 19:48 Brandi Chastain: On headers, concussions, soccer wages
- 19:00 Amtrak talks come to Alabama where one crucial city is without a...
- 18:49 Grandma trusts hurricane shutters to stop bullets, madness
- 18:41 Tarrant man on the run; Failed to appear for murder trial
- 18:40 Tuesday's forecast: High heat and thunderstorms