Florida man shot in NE Ohio hunting accident dies
KENT, Ohio -- Authorities say a man from west-central Florida died after being shot in an apparent hunting accident in northeast Ohio.
They say 56-year-old Donald Pigg of Beverly Hills, Fla., was shot Monday while hunting in Portage County and died early Wednesday after undergoing surgery at an Akron hospital.
Authorities say the shooting is under investigation by the Summit County Medical Examiner's Office and police in Kent.
The Record-Courier (http://bit.ly/19MF3K2 ) reports police aren't releasing details about what happened, citing an ongoing criminal investigation. No charges have... read more
- 16:44 US official: Russia might shoot down US aircraft in Syria
- 16:36 AP Fact Check: No 'criminal act' in race of FBI agent's wife
- 16:35 Hammer-wielding suspect dies fleeing scene of Alabama beer theft
- 16:35 Meth and cocaine worth $163,000 seized at Huntsville used tire...
- 16:24 Vote changed parties? Not a conspiracy, may just be voter error
- 16:22 Attorney letter asks for Notre Dame Prep to appeal AIA board decision
- 16:22 Arizona Coyotes tab goalie Justin Peters to start vs. New Jersey...
- 16:12 Turkey: pro-Kurdish mayor detained in 'terror' probe
- 16:06 Birmingham approves deeding over portion of A.G. Gaston Motel to...
- 16:05 Arizona took more Syrian refugees than most states, U.S. seeks more