Forest Service in quandary about Colorado frozen cows
Forest Service in quandary about Colorado frozen cows DENVER - It may take explosives to dislodge a group of cows that wandered into an old ranger cabin high in the Rocky Mountains, then died and froze solid when they couldn't get out.
The carcasses were discovered by two Air Force Academy cadets when they snow-shoed up to the cabin in late March. Rangers believe the animals sought shelter during a snowstorm and got stuck and weren't smart enough to find their way out.
The cabin is located... read more
Most read news
- 18:53 Former Broncos center Tom Nalen admits to wanting to blow out knee...
- 18:53 Ed Werder: No matter what Jerry Jones said, 'I think it’s obvious...
- 18:53 Hue and cry grows over deal for Scott donor
- 18:52 Governor remembers classmate, war hero, at Hinsdale school
- 18:52 Deerfield's Festival of Fine Arts starts June 1
- 18:51 Retraining muscles to move smoothly in cerebral palsy cases
- 18:51 Recognizing signs of a stroke is vital for recovery
- 18:51 Sleeping the night away
- 18:51 Brain surgery becoming less invasive
- 18:51 Brain injuries need time and rest for recovery