Insurance CEO: Shut down Hawaii health exchange
HONOLULU -- The chief executive of Hawaii's largest health insurance company is calling on Hawaii to shut down its beleaguered health insurance exchange.
Michael Gold, president and CEO of Hawaii Medical Services Association, says the state shouldn't keep spending money on a system that is financially unsustainable and does not work.
Gold says Hawaii should ask the federal government for an exception to the part of the Affordable Care Act that requires states to run their own insurance... read more
Most read news
- 10:57 Charlotte firefighters battle early morning home blaze
- 10:42 Sudan government asks UN Darfur mission to leave
- 10:17 What we know today about Ferguson
- 09:03 'Horrible Bosses 2' stars' worst jobs
- 08:35 Afghan parliament OKs U.S. troops beyond 2014
- 08:28 Obama golfs in Vegas with Derek Jeter
- 08:26 A brave new Simpsons World to explore
- 08:26 Your week in entertainment: New music, parade, a movie
- 08:26 On the Verge: Alesso saves the day with EDM 'Heroes'
- 08:26 Sunday TV: American Music Awards, 'Simpsons'