Insurance CEO: Shut down Hawaii health exchange
HONOLULU -- The chief executive of Hawaii's largest health insurance company is calling on Hawaii to shut down its beleaguered health insurance exchange.
Michael Gold, president and CEO of Hawaii Medical Services Association, says the state shouldn't keep spending money on a system that is financially unsustainable and does not work.
Gold says Hawaii should ask the federal government for an exception to the part of the Affordable Care Act that requires states to run their own insurance exchanges.
He proposes that businesses buy insurance plans directly from the insurance companies.... read more
- 16:45 The Latest: Police: 6 stabbed outside California Capitol
- 16:44 Orlando shootings temper LGBT Pride events
- 16:32 Police: 5 stabbed outside California Capitol building
- 16:17 At least 5 hurt in white supremacist melee
- 16:15 Still no arrests after fatal shooting at Texas dance studio
- 16:14 Gay marriage ruling one year later: Marriage celebrations, Roy Moore
- 16:04 Deputy fatally shoots Houston-area mother who shot and killed her...
- 16:00 Five-alarm fire destroys Boston warehouse
- 16:00 Quiz: Are you a good boss?
- 15:59 Germany rolls Slovakia 3-0, advances to Euro 2016 quarterfinals