Insurance CEO: Shut down Hawaii health exchange
HONOLULU -- The chief executive of Hawaii's largest health insurance company is calling on Hawaii to shut down its beleaguered health insurance exchange.
Michael Gold, president and CEO of Hawaii Medical Services Association, says the state shouldn't keep spending money on a system that is financially unsustainable and does not work.
Gold says Hawaii should ask the federal government for an exception to the part of the Affordable Care Act that requires states to run their own insurance... read more
Most read news
- 11:02 Chinese investors pouring money into Myrtle Beach area
- 10:48 NYC mourns officers as rift widens between union, mayor
- 10:32 Lindsey Vonn's bid for record on hold after Super-G crash
- 10:17 Sunday clouds, rain in the forecast for Charlotte-area
- 10:05 Chappells departure from council ends an era for York County
- 09:32 Driver injured when Charlotte fire truck overturns
- 09:23 Florida police officer shot dead; suspect in custody
- 09:14 Beers Americans no longer drink
- 08:51 Chrysler's rebound shocks even critics
- 08:21 Shoppers running out of Christmas time