Insurance CEO: Shut down Hawaii health exchange
HONOLULU -- The chief executive of Hawaii's largest health insurance company is calling on Hawaii to shut down its beleaguered health insurance exchange.
Michael Gold, president and CEO of Hawaii Medical Services Association, says the state shouldn't keep spending money on a system that is financially unsustainable and does not work.
Gold says Hawaii should ask the federal government for an exception to the part of the Affordable Care Act that requires states to run their own insurance... read more
Most read news
- 17:23 Armour: Aging Patriots can't squander Super Bowl chance
- 17:23 Hough rolls to team title in MECKA 4A Conference wrestling
- 17:20 Porter Ridge wrestling avenges loss to win conference title
- 17:15 Islamic State posts video of Japanese journalist's death
- 17:10 Super Bowl XLIX: Patriots vs. Seahawks, by the numbers
- 17:09 Duke Energy's coal ash leaks persist across NC
- 17:06 Japan 'indignant' over purported video of hostage beheading
- 16:43 2 dead in Charlotte wreck
- 16:28 Scott Fowler: Since both can't lose Super Bowl, Patriots will...
- 15:42 Grieving 'Charlie' staff not ready to put out new issue