Insurance CEO: Shut down Hawaii health exchange
HONOLULU -- The chief executive of Hawaii's largest health insurance company is calling on Hawaii to shut down its beleaguered health insurance exchange.
Michael Gold, president and CEO of Hawaii Medical Services Association, says the state shouldn't keep spending money on a system that is financially unsustainable and does not work.
Gold says Hawaii should ask the federal government for an exception to the part of the Affordable Care Act that requires states to run their own insurance... read more
Most read news
- 16:07 Magic hope to build a solid foundation in the Orlando Pro Summer...
- 15:58 Rangers locked in division race with unlikely leader
- 15:49 Richard Petty: Confederate flag controversy 'passing fancy'
- 15:44 Kyle Busch involved in Daytona practice crash
- 15:44 Search for missing Olympic sailor Trevor Moore called off by family
- 15:43 The Internet is officially too big
- 15:37 How much is your daily commute really costing you?
- 15:31 Daytona safety upgrades nearly complete after Kyle Busch crash
- 15:21 Cancer survivor nears end of 466-mile run
- 15:02 Troopers arrest teen in fatal hit-and-run