Insurance CEO: Shut down Hawaii health exchange
HONOLULU -- The chief executive of Hawaii's largest health insurance company is calling on Hawaii to shut down its beleaguered health insurance exchange.
Michael Gold, president and CEO of Hawaii Medical Services Association, says the state shouldn't keep spending money on a system that is financially unsustainable and does not work.
Gold says Hawaii should ask the federal government for an exception to the part of the Affordable Care Act that requires states to run their own insurance... read more
Most read news
- 07:08 Heavy rains trigger landslides in northeast India
- 06:48 Kiev notes progress on eastern Ukraine cease-fire
- 06:48 Has Sierra Leone shutdown slowed Ebola's spread?
- 06:40 Belmont police respond to bomb threat
- 06:18 Today's traffic: Numerous construction projects start
- 05:43 Light rain, cooler temps help slow California wildfire
- 05:02 Blair says airstrikes not enough to beat militants
- 04:58 South Africa: Park staff arrested for poaching
- 04:51 Polish president swears in reshuffled government
- 04:41 Russia wants to keep Ukraine off UN radar