Insurance CEO: Shut down Hawaii health exchange
HONOLULU -- The chief executive of Hawaii's largest health insurance company is calling on Hawaii to shut down its beleaguered health insurance exchange.
Michael Gold, president and CEO of Hawaii Medical Services Association, says the state shouldn't keep spending money on a system that is financially unsustainable and does not work.
Gold says Hawaii should ask the federal government for an exception to the part of the Affordable Care Act that requires states to run their own insurance... read more
Most read news
- 14:09 Meet the White House guard dogs
- 14:04 11:30 a.m.: High school sports reporters round table
- 14:04 Arizona Wildcats vs. Washington State - scouting report
- 14:02 Woman stabs pencils in eyes, sues over pic
- 13:58 2 wounded in Avondale police shooting
- 13:51 Question: Is there an upcoming document-shredding event?
- 13:51 MCSO: Students fight with Boulder Creek High official
- 13:36 2 lanes of outbound Independence closed this weekend
- 13:31 Unnerving Vladimir Putin figurine up for auction next month
- 13:17 Work on Heath’s Safe Routes to School trails nearly done