Insurance CEO: Shut down Hawaii health exchange
HONOLULU -- The chief executive of Hawaii's largest health insurance company is calling on Hawaii to shut down its beleaguered health insurance exchange.
Michael Gold, president and CEO of Hawaii Medical Services Association, says the state shouldn't keep spending money on a system that is financially unsustainable and does not work.
Gold says Hawaii should ask the federal government for an exception to the part of the Affordable Care Act that requires states to run their own insurance... read more
Most read news
- 13:19 Coach Brian Shaw fired by 20-39 Denver Nuggets
- 13:09 Oprah shuts down Harpo Studios
- 12:57 Arpaio's contempt could mean payout for profiled victims
- 12:45 Vigil set for victim in LAPD shooting caught on video
- 12:24 Stocks: Dow off 100-plus, Nasdaq under 5000
- 12:13 Metallica to release Record Store Day cassette
- 12:12 A-Rod says he'll be 'a little nervous' in return
- 11:41 Cosby 'Jane Doe' accuser tells her story
- 11:21 Card offers get better as more turn to credit
- 10:58 House poised to vote on DHS funding bill Tuesday