J.C. Penney surprises investors with improved results
J.C. Penney surprised investors Thursday as it sharply cut its losses and reported its third consecutive quarter of sales increases.
The company also said that CEO Mike Ullman is recovering from a “surgical procedure” but is expected to be back soon. Ullman, 67, wasn’t on the conference call with analysts.
The Plano-based retailer reported a second-quarter sales increase of 6 percent as part of its critical turnaround this year. The recent sales gains are welcome after Penney lost... read more
Most read news
- 01:57 In water-gulping Palm Springs, the fountains are flowing
- 00:55 Dozier's two-run homer in 10th lifts Twins over Orioles 4-2
- 00:54 'Can't Buy Me Love' actress Amanda Peterson dies at 43
- 00:33 Fire ravages Louisville's famed Whiskey Row
- 00:24 Gen X, Baby Boomers see credit cards as a lifeline
- 00:24 Mixed economic signals slow the pace of biz travel
- 00:09 What's Online Today: Highlights for July 7
- 23:38 David West walks away from Indiana, and $10.6 million, to join Spurs
- 23:38 AP source: Giants aware of Pierre-Paul's fireworks injury
- 23:38 A win, then a hug: Serena Williams tops Venus at Wimbledon