J.C. Penney surprises investors with improved results
J.C. Penney surprised investors Thursday as it sharply cut its losses and reported its third consecutive quarter of sales increases.
The company also said that CEO Mike Ullman is recovering from a “surgical procedure” but is expected to be back soon. Ullman, 67, wasn’t on the conference call with analysts.
The Plano-based retailer reported a second-quarter sales increase of 6 percent as part of its critical turnaround this year. The recent sales gains are welcome after Penney lost one-fourth of its business in 2012 and 2013 under a failed attempt to reinvent the department store by former... read more
- 06:10 It's Alive: FBI files reveal how Clinton server was created in K...
- 04:57 YouTube blocked trailer for Christian movie 'I'm Not Ashamed' for...
- 04:18 Sons of drug lord 'El Chapo' thought to be behind deadly ambush on...
- 03:30 White House corrects itself after transcript puts Jerusalem in Israel
- 03:18 City Hall’s lobby loot questioned
- 03:07 Drowned boy’s family presses city for info
- 03:07 Prouty’s backers cry foul on DPH
- 03:07 Despite Hillary Fan Club snickers, Donald’s claim rings true
- 02:59 Duffy throws 5 TDs in Red Mountain victory over Dobson
- 02:52 Boston booze tax heads for council vote