J.C. Penney surprises investors with improved results
J.C. Penney surprised investors Thursday as it sharply cut its losses and reported its third consecutive quarter of sales increases.
The company also said that CEO Mike Ullman is recovering from a “surgical procedure” but is expected to be back soon. Ullman, 67, wasn’t on the conference call with analysts.
The Plano-based retailer reported a second-quarter sales increase of 6 percent as part of its critical turnaround this year. The recent sales gains are welcome after Penney lost... read more
Most read news
- 21:09 Rangers the heavyweights in ALDS after knocking off Blue Jays in 14...
- 19:35 Jobs, raises, bonuses part of UAW-Fiat Chrysler deal
- 18:40 Jack Black reveals cocaine addiction at 14
- 18:02 Three Chase drivers who need a win at Charlotte Motor Speedway
- 17:55 Is Amazon opening a bookstore in Seattle?
- 17:51 Twitter to have major layoffs next week, report says
- 17:31 Fact check: Cruz misquotes Clapper on refugees
- 17:23 Obama meets with families of shooting victims
- 17:14 Quirky 'Fargo' returns for deadly new season
- 16:59 SMU won't appeal Larry Brown suspension, postseason ban