J.C. Penney surprises investors with improved results
J.C. Penney surprised investors Thursday as it sharply cut its losses and reported its third consecutive quarter of sales increases.
The company also said that CEO Mike Ullman is recovering from a “surgical procedure” but is expected to be back soon. Ullman, 67, wasn’t on the conference call with analysts.
The Plano-based retailer reported a second-quarter sales increase of 6 percent as part of its critical turnaround this year. The recent sales gains are welcome after Penney lost... read more
Most read news
- 21:21 Japan's exports up in September; deficit persists
- 21:16 Ranked now lower than third in most NFL power rankings, Cowboys...
- 21:16 UNC offense comes alive thanks to full-strength offensive line
- 21:14 Bradlee: Prince of Camelot was social royalty in D.C.
- 21:11 Charlotte 49ers determined to snap four-game losing streak vs....
- 21:09 2 dead in Salisbury wreck
- 21:01 Heika: Stars could trade for defenseman, but long-term success...
- 20:41 Tempe teacher accused of misconduct with student
- 20:38 Turnout will be crucial in NC's tight US Senate race
- 20:02 Poll: Snyder stretches lead in Mich. governor's race