J.C. Penney surprises investors with improved results
J.C. Penney surprised investors Thursday as it sharply cut its losses and reported its third consecutive quarter of sales increases.
The company also said that CEO Mike Ullman is recovering from a “surgical procedure” but is expected to be back soon. Ullman, 67, wasn’t on the conference call with analysts.
The Plano-based retailer reported a second-quarter sales increase of 6 percent as part of its critical turnaround this year. The recent sales gains are welcome after Penney lost... read more
Most read news
- 06:55 Official: Man slashes 3 schoolchildren in China
- 06:48 WHO issues new guidance on Ebola protective gear
- 06:46 Chinese official allegedly hides $33M in bribes
- 06:40 CMPD: 22 total charges from overnight DWI checkpoint
- 06:33 Bombs at marketplaces near Baghdad kill 9 people
- 06:27 Protesters gather again in Burkina Faso
- 06:23 Today's traffic: Quiet start at 6 a.m.
- 06:17 Heavy security as Israel reopens Jerusalem site
- 06:16 Eurozone inflation creeps up to 0.4 percent
- 06:14 Russia: gas flow will resume after Ukraine pays