J.C. Penney surprises investors with improved results
J.C. Penney surprised investors Thursday as it sharply cut its losses and reported its third consecutive quarter of sales increases.
The company also said that CEO Mike Ullman is recovering from a “surgical procedure” but is expected to be back soon. Ullman, 67, wasn’t on the conference call with analysts.
The Plano-based retailer reported a second-quarter sales increase of 6 percent as part of its critical turnaround this year. The recent sales gains are welcome after Penney lost... read more
Most read news
- 11:47 Architect Frank Gehry shocks with obscene gesture
- 11:23 Cemeteries history book has signing Saturday
- 11:02 Vienna honors deserters from Hitler's army
- 10:47 Led Zeppelin premieres 'Rock and Roll' video
- 10:44 Strategies: There's no business like pet business
- 10:32 Weather: Valley expected to flirt with record highs
- 10:24 Benson's 'Faces': Lorenzo Lopez's giant turkey leg
- 10:07 Fatal motorcycle wreck closes Union Hills at I-17
- 08:42 Gaston County teen struck by car, in critical condition
- 07:42 Glenn Beck named honorary chair at gala