J.C. Penney surprises investors with improved results
J.C. Penney surprised investors Thursday as it sharply cut its losses and reported its third consecutive quarter of sales increases.
The company also said that CEO Mike Ullman is recovering from a “surgical procedure” but is expected to be back soon. Ullman, 67, wasn’t on the conference call with analysts.
The Plano-based retailer reported a second-quarter sales increase of 6 percent as part of its critical turnaround this year. The recent sales gains are welcome after Penney lost... read more
Most read news
- 08:05 Where to find Thursday's biggest newspaper of the year
- 08:05 Showers to taper off by noon in Charlotte
- 07:23 26 coal miners die in fire in north China mine
- 07:10 Egypt opens crossing to Gaza for 1st time in month
- 07:05 Go-ahead for Liberia Senate campaign despite Ebola
- 07:04 Gastonia woman charged in daughter's bathtub death
- 07:00 Passengers in Russia's Arctic give airliner a push
- 06:53 Thanksgiving travel: Live updates
- 06:45 Traditions: How Thanksgiving became an official holiday
- 06:45 Two FBI agents shot in north St. Louis County