J.C. Penney surprises investors with improved results
J.C. Penney surprised investors Thursday as it sharply cut its losses and reported its third consecutive quarter of sales increases.
The company also said that CEO Mike Ullman is recovering from a “surgical procedure” but is expected to be back soon. Ullman, 67, wasn’t on the conference call with analysts.
The Plano-based retailer reported a second-quarter sales increase of 6 percent as part of its critical turnaround this year. The recent sales gains are welcome after Penney lost... read more
Most read news
- 12:02 Five adults, one child injured in crash on State Road 417 south
- 12:00 Japan lifts evacuation order for town near doomed nuke plant
- 11:48 Plane clips helicopter at Sanford airport
- 11:45 Amazing beach resorts around the world
- 11:41 State Fair picks: Jason Derulo, beard contest, talent show and...
- 11:40 Rwanda names 24 baby mountain gorillas
- 11:11 How Ford Mustang has steered through history
- 11:07 FHP: 18-year-old woman killed in crash near UCF ID'd
- 11:00 Toll from Yemen rebel attack rises, 10 Saudi troops killed
- 11:00 'Migrants' or 'refugees'? Crisis sparks debate on termiology