J.C. Penney surprises investors with improved results
J.C. Penney surprised investors Thursday as it sharply cut its losses and reported its third consecutive quarter of sales increases.
The company also said that CEO Mike Ullman is recovering from a “surgical procedure” but is expected to be back soon. Ullman, 67, wasn’t on the conference call with analysts.
The Plano-based retailer reported a second-quarter sales increase of 6 percent as part of its critical turnaround this year. The recent sales gains are welcome after Penney lost... read more
Most read news
- 03:31 Taiwan to join China-led regional bank, Japan says not now
- 03:19 Hillary Clinton also used iPad for email
- 02:16 GMC unveils big changes to Terrain SUV
- 01:52 Family of Clemson frat member who died in fall files suit
- 01:21 Here's a look at history of 'religious freedom' laws
- 01:05 Review: Chorus trumps noisy crowd in Anchorage Symphony's glorious...
- 00:50 Indianapolis Star makes bold protest against law
- 00:33 What's in a name? In the Legislature, ask Ortiz, Wielechowski and...
- 00:31 Millions of Americans have little to no money saved
- 00:19 IBM, Weather Channel team for better business forecasts