J.C. Penney surprises investors with improved results
J.C. Penney surprised investors Thursday as it sharply cut its losses and reported its third consecutive quarter of sales increases.
The company also said that CEO Mike Ullman is recovering from a “surgical procedure” but is expected to be back soon. Ullman, 67, wasn’t on the conference call with analysts.
The Plano-based retailer reported a second-quarter sales increase of 6 percent as part of its critical turnaround this year. The recent sales gains are welcome after Penney lost... read more
Most read news
- 23:48 Mich. board approves petition to recall Gov. Snyder
- 23:47 Review: Samantha Bee's 'Full Frontal' is pointedly hilarious
- 23:22 Endangered whales enter Florida inlet
- 23:16 At current prices, neither the oil industry nor Alaska can take more
- 23:10 CBS orders Matt LeBlanc comedy pilot
- 22:49 CBS pulls 'Angel From Hell' from schedule
- 22:46 Permanent Fund board plans meeting on budget legislation next week
- 21:55 Women take issue with Clinton backers' remarks
- 21:32 Meet the mega-donors
- 21:14 Education commissioner's firing followed refusal to spend for...