J.C. Penney surprises investors with improved results
J.C. Penney surprised investors Thursday as it sharply cut its losses and reported its third consecutive quarter of sales increases.
The company also said that CEO Mike Ullman is recovering from a “surgical procedure” but is expected to be back soon. Ullman, 67, wasn’t on the conference call with analysts.
The Plano-based retailer reported a second-quarter sales increase of 6 percent as part of its critical turnaround this year. The recent sales gains are welcome after Penney lost... read more
Most read news
- 05:38 Teague helps Hawks beat Spurs 117-107
- 05:35 Rwanda cancels Ebola screenings for US, Spain
- 04:24 Airstrikes target oil filed in eastern Syria
- 04:19 Phoenix Suns see error of their ways during preseason loss to Los...
- 04:11 Wild sixth inning sets tone for Royals in Game 2
- 04:11 Weaknesses revealed as Giants head into Game 3
- 03:53 Rival volleyball players team up to battle cancer
- 03:31 Nightengale: Butler ignites Royals offense in Game 2
- 03:21 Phoenix Suns forward T.J. Warren suffers fractured thumb
- 03:21 Glendale Kellis outfielder Tyler Williams commits to ASU baseball