J.C. Penney surprises investors with improved results
J.C. Penney surprised investors Thursday as it sharply cut its losses and reported its third consecutive quarter of sales increases.
The company also said that CEO Mike Ullman is recovering from a “surgical procedure” but is expected to be back soon. Ullman, 67, wasn’t on the conference call with analysts.
The Plano-based retailer reported a second-quarter sales increase of 6 percent as part of its critical turnaround this year. The recent sales gains are welcome after Penney lost... read more
Most read news
- 18:43 First shopper sets up camp at Nashville Best Buy
- 18:15 Anchorage kitchens share Thanksgiving with everyone at free meals
- 18:03 Holiday specials: Six NHL players who could be traded this winter
- 17:57 Adele's 25 paying off for Pandora and others
- 17:53 Black Friday madness will be missing in rural Alaska communities
- 17:29 Obama signs defense bill - protests Gitmo restrictions
- 17:18 The Mothership: Pop culture we're thankful for
- 16:59 Facebook fix to 'real names' policy is crucial for young Native...
- 16:58 Man who stole brain tissue sentenced to 4 years
- 16:58 Why DUIs could spike tonight: It's Drunksgiving