J.C. Penney surprises investors with improved results
J.C. Penney surprised investors Thursday as it sharply cut its losses and reported its third consecutive quarter of sales increases.
The company also said that CEO Mike Ullman is recovering from a “surgical procedure” but is expected to be back soon. Ullman, 67, wasn’t on the conference call with analysts.
The Plano-based retailer reported a second-quarter sales increase of 6 percent as part of its critical turnaround this year. The recent sales gains are welcome after Penney lost... read more
Most read news
- 10:20 Beer Man: Prickly Pear on point with fruit flavor
- 09:50 Buffett bets on these 8 stocks for 2015
- 09:47 O.J. Simpson miniseries: Look at cast
- 09:12 Plan your week in entertainment
- 09:12 Listings: 'Orange,' 'Crimson' tint summer TV
- 09:07 Young Money: Wedding etiquette extends to finances, too
- 08:49 Woman details painful struggle with anorexia in YouTube video
- 08:28 Summer travel and pets: Survey reflects challenges
- 08:28 Costumed Disney fans brave 24 hours at Magic Kingdom
- 08:27 Divers begin 'tire reef' cleanup off south Florida