J.C. Penney surprises investors with improved results
J.C. Penney surprised investors Thursday as it sharply cut its losses and reported its third consecutive quarter of sales increases.
The company also said that CEO Mike Ullman is recovering from a “surgical procedure” but is expected to be back soon. Ullman, 67, wasn’t on the conference call with analysts.
The Plano-based retailer reported a second-quarter sales increase of 6 percent as part of its critical turnaround this year. The recent sales gains are welcome after Penney lost one-fourth of its business in 2012 and 2013 under a failed attempt to reinvent the department store by former... read more
- 19:45 2016 four-star forward Troy Baxter to visit Arizona State
- 19:38 Arizona Cardinals fail to find rhythm, fall to Texans
- 19:35 Juan Gabriel, Mexican superstar singer, dead at 66
- 19:28 Diamondbacks flip script, cruise past Cincinnati Reds
- 19:28 Laid-back Anu Solomon always keeps fellow Arizona Wildcats calm
- 19:20 Saudis say rocket fired from Yemen kills 2 children
- 19:20 Canadian government sets up probe of switched at birth case
- 18:14 2 arrested in death of man whose body was found in cemetery by...
- 18:08 Southlake pastor's son who claimed to hear voices pleads guilty to...
- 18:00 Women bare breasts for gender equality on GoTopless Day