J.C. Penney surprises investors with improved results
J.C. Penney surprised investors Thursday as it sharply cut its losses and reported its third consecutive quarter of sales increases.
The company also said that CEO Mike Ullman is recovering from a “surgical procedure” but is expected to be back soon. Ullman, 67, wasn’t on the conference call with analysts.
The Plano-based retailer reported a second-quarter sales increase of 6 percent as part of its critical turnaround this year. The recent sales gains are welcome after Penney lost... read more
Most read news
- 09:01 Budget for Koch-backed network: almost $1 billion for 2016
- 08:32 Holy mackerel! Belfast warned not to eat free fish
- 08:29 Obama defends US ties as he pays respects in Saudi Arabia
- 08:20 Police identify shot Mo. officer; suspect arrested
- 08:20 Teen faces murder charge in infant's drowning
- 07:48 MetLife Foundations donates $100,000 for womens leadership...
- 07:40 Obama leads bipartisan delegation to Saudi Arabia
- 07:37 Charlotte-Mecklenburg police arrest pair in phone robbery
- 07:32 Gunmen take hostages at Libya hotel; 3 guards dead
- 06:39 No decision on change to city liquor sale restrictions