J.C. Penney surprises investors with improved results
J.C. Penney surprised investors Thursday as it sharply cut its losses and reported its third consecutive quarter of sales increases.
The company also said that CEO Mike Ullman is recovering from a “surgical procedure” but is expected to be back soon. Ullman, 67, wasn’t on the conference call with analysts.
The Plano-based retailer reported a second-quarter sales increase of 6 percent as part of its critical turnaround this year. The recent sales gains are welcome after Penney lost... read more
Most read news
- 21:06 Legislature's plan balances 2015 budget by draining $1.3 billion...
- 20:52 Orioles-White Sox postponed; MLB exploring options for remaining games
- 20:33 Cavs' J.R. Smith, Celtics' Kelly Olynyk suspended for Game 4 incidents
- 20:11 U.S. families and aid groups send support to Nepal
- 19:53 Cavaliers rule Kevin Love out for Eastern Conference semifinals
- 18:34 Haines, Hemry earn 2 titles each in Mayor's Cup tennis
- 18:26 'Hedwig' creator/star to get special Tony
- 18:19 Cards ace Adam Wainwright out for season with torn Achilles
- 18:06 Actress Jayne Meadows dies at 95
- 17:55 Josh Hamilton on Arte Moreno: 'He knew what the deal was'