J.C. Penney surprises investors with improved results
J.C. Penney surprised investors Thursday as it sharply cut its losses and reported its third consecutive quarter of sales increases.
The company also said that CEO Mike Ullman is recovering from a “surgical procedure” but is expected to be back soon. Ullman, 67, wasn’t on the conference call with analysts.
The Plano-based retailer reported a second-quarter sales increase of 6 percent as part of its critical turnaround this year. The recent sales gains are welcome after Penney lost... read more
Most read news
- 02:31 Nicolas Batum rallies Blazers past Paul, Clippers in OT
- 02:25 British soldier awarded Victoria Cross for saving Marine
- 02:02 U.S. tries to extradite MS-13 member wanted for murder
- 01:08 AbbVie buys cancer drugmaker Pharmacyclics in $21B deal
- 01:05 Masked musician Slow Magic brings glittery, glo-fi sound to Anchorage
- 01:01 Hillary Clinton asks State Dept. to release her e-mails
- 00:55 Conservative group brings arguments against Medicaid expansion to...
- 00:53 Summertime suffering makes UAA women dangerous come winter
- 00:42 How romantic can marriage be in a historical?
- 00:37 Alaska Sports Hall of Fame to welcome new class Thursday