J.C. Penney surprises investors with improved results
J.C. Penney surprised investors Thursday as it sharply cut its losses and reported its third consecutive quarter of sales increases.
The company also said that CEO Mike Ullman is recovering from a “surgical procedure” but is expected to be back soon. Ullman, 67, wasn’t on the conference call with analysts.
The Plano-based retailer reported a second-quarter sales increase of 6 percent as part of its critical turnaround this year. The recent sales gains are welcome after Penney lost... read more
Most read news
- 16:12 Retailers lure shoppers with last-minute deals
- 16:12 U.S. firms stand to gain from Cuba ties
- 15:39 U.S. to let telecoms set up shop in Cuba
- 15:30 Belarus tightens control over online media
- 15:09 Canada hosted secret meetings between Cuba and US
- 15:09 Pope played crucial role in US-Cuba rapprochement
- 15:05 UN chief heading to West Africa to see response to Ebola
- 14:40 Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools prep football all-conference teams
- 14:19 Facebook users create 200M videos to 'Say Thanks'
- 13:54 Developer says amateur sports complex can move forward