J.C. Penney surprises investors with improved results
J.C. Penney surprised investors Thursday as it sharply cut its losses and reported its third consecutive quarter of sales increases.
The company also said that CEO Mike Ullman is recovering from a “surgical procedure” but is expected to be back soon. Ullman, 67, wasn’t on the conference call with analysts.
The Plano-based retailer reported a second-quarter sales increase of 6 percent as part of its critical turnaround this year. The recent sales gains are welcome after Penney lost... read more
Most read news
- 15:49 Valerie Harper hospitalized in Maine
- 15:48 Dominican Republic fears tourism boycott over citizenship ruling
- 15:48 Americans have new hopes to reclaim property seized by Cuba 50...
- 15:48 Cecil's death causes tourism drop in Zimbabwe
- 15:44 Tom Cruise powers 'Mission' with personality
- 15:24 Facebook reveals plans for drone-based Internet in the sky
- 15:24 Lupita N'yongo headed to NY stage
- 15:19 Al-Qaeda abducts U.S.-backed rebels in Syria
- 15:13 Meal deals at Main Street eateries
- 15:10 Woody Allen touts his 'paternal' side