Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup
The U.S. Justice Department has asked Citigroup Inc. for more than $10 billion to settle an investigation of the lender’s sale of mortgage-backed bonds before the 2008 financial crisis, a person familiar with the negotiations said.
Prosecutors broke off talks with Citigroup on Monday and are preparing to sue the New York-based bank after it offered less than $4 billion to resolve the matter, said the person, who asked not to be named because the discussions are confidential. The Justice... read more
Most read news
- 01:15 Capsized Philippine ferry death toll rises to 38
- 00:52 Lecture presents Anchorage's role in expanding 'American Empire'
- 00:52 Kim Sunée: Kachoombar with watermelon -- a salad that highlights...
- 00:52 The pig that changed my life (I ate him)
- 00:52 Scott McMurren: The best travel website? Sorry, there's no silver...
- 00:52 Alaska from Scratch: Halibut tacos make the most of a fresh catch
- 00:42 Tiger Woods shoots 4-under 66 at Greenbrier Classic
- 00:30 Members of Congress push minimum wage hike but don't pay their interns
- 00:30 Graham's uniform front and center in campaign ads
- 00:25 Wall Street's vote: 'Yes' in Greece referendum