Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup
The U.S. Justice Department has asked Citigroup Inc. for more than $10 billion to settle an investigation of the lender’s sale of mortgage-backed bonds before the 2008 financial crisis, a person familiar with the negotiations said.
Prosecutors broke off talks with Citigroup on Monday and are preparing to sue the New York-based bank after it offered less than $4 billion to resolve the matter, said the person, who asked not to be named because the discussions are confidential. The Justice Department could file a lawsuit as early as next week, according to the person, who also said the bank’s... read more
- 16:57 DPS: Trooper rescued 16-year-old sex slave during traffic stop near...
- 16:46 Last question for Obama as POTUS goes to reporter from his Illinois...
- 16:40 Obama's parting message: We're going to be OK
- 16:34 Peoria Fire-Medical offers free citizen academy
- 16:34 Animal cruelty investigation underway in Queen Creek
- 16:34 2017 Arizona Storytellers Project schedule
- 16:34 Birmingham lawyer sentenced for $431,141 theft from clients
- 16:26 Texas society's Black Tie & Boots party among DC's largest...
- 16:23 Rep. Bradley Byrne: Most of my constituents on Affordable Care Act...
- 16:21 Millennium girls soccer team seeks football-like crowd