Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup
The U.S. Justice Department has asked Citigroup Inc. for more than $10 billion to settle an investigation of the lender’s sale of mortgage-backed bonds before the 2008 financial crisis, a person familiar with the negotiations said.
Prosecutors broke off talks with Citigroup on Monday and are preparing to sue the New York-based bank after it offered less than $4 billion to resolve the matter, said the person, who asked not to be named because the discussions are confidential. The Justice... read more
Most read news
- 04:38 Manning spoils his fans again, walks off with a second title
- 04:38 Dominant D carries Manning, Broncos to 24-10 Super Bowl win
- 04:04 Mock draft 2.0: First-round outlook after Super Bowl
- 03:44 You can get a college scholarship for being a virgin in South Africa
- 03:43 TV tonight: 'Castle' returns, 'Jane the Virgin'
- 03:22 Ten NFL stories to watch before the 2016 season
- 03:22 Chuck, Shaq, Kenny offer fresh ideas for All-Star weekend
- 02:31 Brennan: Peyton Manning has no choice but to retire now
- 02:31 Broncos mock Panthers for flashy ways after Super Bowl win
- 01:31 Aqib Talib runs hot in Super Bowl but finishes as champion