Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup
The U.S. Justice Department has asked Citigroup Inc. for more than $10 billion to settle an investigation of the lender’s sale of mortgage-backed bonds before the 2008 financial crisis, a person familiar with the negotiations said.
Prosecutors broke off talks with Citigroup on Monday and are preparing to sue the New York-based bank after it offered less than $4 billion to resolve the matter, said the person, who asked not to be named because the discussions are confidential. The Justice... read more
Most read news
- 02:37 Japan's reporter pleads innocent in S. Korea trial
- 02:37 Suspected rebels kill 1 Indian soldier in Kashmir
- 02:35 Hong Kong police arrest 7 officers for beating protester
- 02:13 Ship with 700 migrants safely towed to Greek coast
- 02:04 Authors celebrate holidays with Love, Laughter, and Merrily Ever...
- 02:02 Afghan police: Suicide attack hits foreign convoy
- 01:58 Vote for the best public holiday lights display!
- 01:52 With incentives and brute force, IS subdues tribes
- 01:35 Toyota recalls more cars for air bag problems
- 01:35 Ex-CBC host charged with sexual assault in Canada