Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup
The U.S. Justice Department has asked Citigroup Inc. for more than $10 billion to settle an investigation of the lender’s sale of mortgage-backed bonds before the 2008 financial crisis, a person familiar with the negotiations said.
Prosecutors broke off talks with Citigroup on Monday and are preparing to sue the New York-based bank after it offered less than $4 billion to resolve the matter, said the person, who asked not to be named because the discussions are confidential. The Justice... read more
Most read news
- 17:30 Psychiatrist, campus police officer knew James Holmes wanted to kill
- 17:29 Seminole schools receive $2.4 million grant to steer students to...
- 17:27 Latest on US Open: Serena Williams' Grand Slam bid moves on
- 17:08 Judge orders officers charged in Freddie Gray case to be tried...
- 16:57 Labor Day deals as good as Black Friday
- 16:55 Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka wheelchair bound and hooked to feeding tube...
- 16:50 Lawyers seek new way to block marriage licenses
- 16:22 Bears, slogans, land deals - Seminole County has one controversy...
- 16:20 With a little help from Ed Sheeran
- 16:03 S.C. man faces life for child-sex attempt in Volusia County