Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup
The U.S. Justice Department has asked Citigroup Inc. for more than $10 billion to settle an investigation of the lender’s sale of mortgage-backed bonds before the 2008 financial crisis, a person familiar with the negotiations said.
Prosecutors broke off talks with Citigroup on Monday and are preparing to sue the New York-based bank after it offered less than $4 billion to resolve the matter, said the person, who asked not to be named because the discussions are confidential. The Justice... read more
Most read news
- 11:37 Which Star Wars character are you?
- 11:33 Army on a quest for new handgun
- 11:24 Milwaukee Brewers hire Craig Counsell as next manager
- 11:05 Factory orders rise for 1st time in 8 months
- 11:02 Justice Kennedy's past rulings point way on same-sex marriage
- 10:55 See Obama fist bump 'superhero' kid
- 10:45 Science of Wine set for Orlando Science Center return
- 10:43 Rural Nepal devastated by earthquake still awaits aid
- 10:26 Convicted terrorist linked to attack at Mohammed cartoon event
- 09:52 Ben Carson set to announce presidential run