Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup
The U.S. Justice Department has asked Citigroup Inc. for more than $10 billion to settle an investigation of the lender’s sale of mortgage-backed bonds before the 2008 financial crisis, a person familiar with the negotiations said.
Prosecutors broke off talks with Citigroup on Monday and are preparing to sue the New York-based bank after it offered less than $4 billion to resolve the matter, said the person, who asked not to be named because the discussions are confidential. The Justice... read more
Most read news
- 16:09 DeCock: Same debate over best team in state
- 16:07 Game Picks: ‘Destiny'
- 16:06 Sports anchor Dan Patrick delves into new media
- 16:06 Oops: PM Cameron overheard saying queen 'purred'
- 16:06 Farrell, Vaughn sign on for 'True Detective'
- 16:04 Tempe police conclude arrest was justified
- 16:00 Wanton wedding crashers mooch their way into trouble
- 16:00 Holder: Inmate numbers drop for first time since '80
- 16:00 Map: Islamic State strongholds
- 16:00 Police: Body found is likely missing Minn. student