Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup
Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup The U.S. Justice Department has asked Citigroup Inc. for more than $10 billion to settle an investigation of the lender’s sale of mortgage-backed bonds before the 2008 financial crisis, a person familiar with the negotiations said.
Prosecutors broke off talks with Citigroup on Monday and are preparing to sue the New York-based bank after it offered less than $4 billion to resolve the matter, said the person, who asked not to be named because the... read more
Most read news
- 15:39 Eagles T Johnson suspended for PEDs
- 15:24 Boehner asks Obama to declare stance on border
- 15:16 Chesterfield Township man killed in accident in Harrison Township
- 14:42 Erica's adopted mother: ‘Erica is alive.'
- 14:42 Strong storms Thursday, then cooler air next week
- 14:40 Michigan retailers hope to get a hand from Buy Nearby Guy
- 14:39 Prosecutor: EMU player Demarius Reed was killed for iPhone, wallet
- 14:17 Iredell detectives report arrest of drug suspect
- 14:13 N.C. Senate gives initial approval to sales-tax cap
- 14:13 Plano planning board OKs animal hospital, hotel