Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup
Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup The U.S. Justice Department has asked Citigroup Inc. for more than $10 billion to settle an investigation of the lender’s sale of mortgage-backed bonds before the 2008 financial crisis, a person familiar with the negotiations said.
Prosecutors broke off talks with Citigroup on Monday and are preparing to sue the New York-based bank after it offered less than $4 billion to resolve the matter, said the person, who asked not to be named because the... read more
Most read news
- 16:42 Lawmakers: Statehouse needs up to $40M in upgrades
- 16:41 Nielsen's top prime-time programs for July 21-27
- 16:41 CBS shifts schedule to boost ratings for 'Extant'
- 16:41 Spirit Airlines sees profits rise in second quarter
- 16:40 Titans loaded up with Pro Bowl options at returner
- 16:40 Jets' Pryor sits out, Amaro limited at practice
- 16:40 NCAA proposed settlement raises medical questions
- 16:40 Ex-Virginia swim coach now Gamecocks assistant
- 16:40 Canada: Chinese hackers infiltrated government org
- 16:37 Carolina Panthers WR Kelvin Benjamin: ‘I'm coming back 10...