Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup
The U.S. Justice Department has asked Citigroup Inc. for more than $10 billion to settle an investigation of the lender’s sale of mortgage-backed bonds before the 2008 financial crisis, a person familiar with the negotiations said.
Prosecutors broke off talks with Citigroup on Monday and are preparing to sue the New York-based bank after it offered less than $4 billion to resolve the matter, said the person, who asked not to be named because the discussions are confidential. The Justice... read more
Most read news
- 20:22 Buckeye teen accused of sexually abusing child for 5 years
- 18:51 Mecklenburg court race involves style and substance
- 18:39 Scottsdale bar fight ends with 3 women arrested
- 18:33 ASU QB Taylor Kelly: 'I'm 100 percent'
- 18:32 Together forever Some families choose to bury loved ones at home
- 18:27 Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton says team won't press
- 18:27 Text prescription drug-abuse tips to DEA
- 18:22 Irving Nimitz-Irving game has postseason implications
- 18:22 Wylie, Plano teams find themselves in mix as playoffs near
- 18:22 After rough start to season, Madison back in district race