Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup
The U.S. Justice Department has asked Citigroup Inc. for more than $10 billion to settle an investigation of the lender’s sale of mortgage-backed bonds before the 2008 financial crisis, a person familiar with the negotiations said.
Prosecutors broke off talks with Citigroup on Monday and are preparing to sue the New York-based bank after it offered less than $4 billion to resolve the matter, said the person, who asked not to be named because the discussions are confidential. The Justice... read more
Most read news
- 17:25 Intel-Altera deal could help chipmaker extend reach in cloud
- 17:04 Scott Skiles named Magic coach
- 17:00 OPD: Man shoots at SWAT officers serving warrant in downtown apartment
- 17:00 Ulbricht sentenced in Silk Road case
- 16:45 Orlando Magic hire Scott Skiles as their coach
- 16:44 SEC generates $455 million in revenue, $31.2M per school; Slive's...
- 16:40 Orlando Magic hire Scott Skiles as their coach
- 16:40 Officials: Gunmen hijack buses in Pakistan, kill 19
- 16:39 'Empire,' Taraji tweet Season 2 return date
- 15:58 Hefty hospital donations, lobbying in health care fight