Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup
The U.S. Justice Department has asked Citigroup Inc. for more than $10 billion to settle an investigation of the lender’s sale of mortgage-backed bonds before the 2008 financial crisis, a person familiar with the negotiations said.
Prosecutors broke off talks with Citigroup on Monday and are preparing to sue the New York-based bank after it offered less than $4 billion to resolve the matter, said the person, who asked not to be named because the discussions are confidential. The Justice... read more
Most read news
- 01:44 Court upholds death verdicts in slashing attack
- 00:43 Saints quarterback Drew Brees avoids Carolina Panthers' pass rush
- 00:13 Dallas ISD fires another top investigator
- 00:05 Sefko: Mavericks' win over Jazz show American Airlines Center could...
- 00:00 Kobe Bryant mentally prepared for Lakers frustration
- 23:41 Carolina Panthers fall to Saints 28-10 in key NFC South game
- 23:34 Sherrington: These new-look Mavericks look familiar, but times have...
- 23:32 Panthers vs. Saints: Michael Persinger's three takeaways
- 22:11 Prep Results 10.30.14
- 22:05 Hagan, Tillis spar over economy