Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup
The U.S. Justice Department has asked Citigroup Inc. for more than $10 billion to settle an investigation of the lender’s sale of mortgage-backed bonds before the 2008 financial crisis, a person familiar with the negotiations said.
Prosecutors broke off talks with Citigroup on Monday and are preparing to sue the New York-based bank after it offered less than $4 billion to resolve the matter, said the person, who asked not to be named because the discussions are confidential. The Justice... read more
Most read news
- 07:18 5 baddest moments from 'The Bachelor: Women Tell All'
- 06:58 Obama's day: Education for girls
- 06:56 Tamir Rice's family to respond to city's blame, apology
- 06:31 TV tonight: 'S.H.I.E.L.D.,' 'Chicago Fire'
- 05:58 Mourners pay respects to Russian opposition leader
- 05:57 30? Tinder expects you to pay more for new app
- 04:57 Victims' parents sue over Elliot Rodger rampage
- 04:00 New Delhi gang-rapist: She shouldn't have fought back
- 03:51 Aces blow multiple road leads, fall 5-4 in shootout to Condors
- 02:47 Tucker park to be improved with amenities for bicyclists