Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup
Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup The U.S. Justice Department has asked Citigroup Inc. for more than $10 billion to settle an investigation of the lender’s sale of mortgage-backed bonds before the 2008 financial crisis, a person familiar with the negotiations said.
Prosecutors broke off talks with Citigroup on Monday and are preparing to sue the New York-based bank after it offered less than $4 billion to resolve the matter, said the person, who asked not to be named because the... read more
Most read news
- 09:18 A roundup of recent Michigan newspaper editorials
- 09:16 Surly 2014 electorate poised to 'keep the bums in'
- 08:43 Hottest online Labor Day deals
- 08:22 Molokai offers a taste of unspoiled Hawaii
- 08:22 A rare underwater world in Hawaii
- 08:21 Taking off on round-the-world trips (with teens, with dog)
- 07:15 Finnish nuclear plant further delayed until 2018
- 07:10 Robot to join Gov. Snyder for Mackinac Bridge Walk
- 06:25 What to Watch on Monday: Adrien Brody's ‘Houdini' miniseries...
- 06:08 Iran president urges clerics to tolerate Internet