Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup
The U.S. Justice Department has asked Citigroup Inc. for more than $10 billion to settle an investigation of the lender’s sale of mortgage-backed bonds before the 2008 financial crisis, a person familiar with the negotiations said.
Prosecutors broke off talks with Citigroup on Monday and are preparing to sue the New York-based bank after it offered less than $4 billion to resolve the matter, said the person, who asked not to be named because the discussions are confidential. The Justice... read more
Most read news
- 21:22 Idle after sweeping UAF, UAA hockey has hard road ahead
- 20:49 Is it freak-out time yet? 'Downton' ending soon?
- 20:45 Jamaica preparing to extradite lottery scam suspect to US
- 20:36 Jack Dorsey praises Twitter before earnings
- 20:31 Critics of NC's voter ID law to present their case in court Friday
- 18:49 Disney unveils first Latina princess
- 18:49 All right! McConaughey to give grad speech
- 18:49 Katy Perry promises 'lions and sharks' for Super Bowl
- 18:49 You can look it up: 'Almanac' isn't worth the time travel
- 18:49 Submarine setting dials up the tension in 'Black Sea'