Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup
The U.S. Justice Department has asked Citigroup Inc. for more than $10 billion to settle an investigation of the lender’s sale of mortgage-backed bonds before the 2008 financial crisis, a person familiar with the negotiations said.
Prosecutors broke off talks with Citigroup on Monday and are preparing to sue the New York-based bank after it offered less than $4 billion to resolve the matter, said the person, who asked not to be named because the discussions are confidential. The Justice... read more
Most read news
- 14:30 Proffitt Dixon starts upscale apartments in Matthews
- 14:29 Firing of Charlotte investigator over Facebook post fuels free...
- 13:51 Silicon Valley's cheaper home syndrome
- 13:44 Deputies find 75 lbs of marijuana, other drugs in car trailer
- 13:12 Rogen, Franco discuss making 'The Interview'
- 13:11 Big shows coming to the Charlotte area
- 13:11 Friday events in the Charlotte area
- 13:11 Saturday events in the Charlotte area
- 13:07 Putin is still Putin as he blasts West in talk on Russia's economic...
- 12:56 Sunday events in the Charlotte area