Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup
The U.S. Justice Department has asked Citigroup Inc. for more than $10 billion to settle an investigation of the lender’s sale of mortgage-backed bonds before the 2008 financial crisis, a person familiar with the negotiations said.
Prosecutors broke off talks with Citigroup on Monday and are preparing to sue the New York-based bank after it offered less than $4 billion to resolve the matter, said the person, who asked not to be named because the discussions are confidential. The Justice... read more
Most read news
- 04:56 Turkey against escalating tensions after plane downed
- 04:14 Kobe Bryant thinks Warriors can make run at 33-game win streak record
- 03:49 Bindi Irwin delights in 'Dancing with the Stars ' victory
- 03:42 Russia halting gas supplies to Ukraine
- 03:30 Questions raised by the fourth College Football Playoff ranking
- 03:21 UAA rolls over Pepperdine in Shootout
- 03:21 NOTEBOOK: Shaq's making his presence felt at Shootout
- 03:21 Tuesday's prep hockey: Dimond, Chugiak bag shutouts
- 03:21 Clark-Heard returns to Shootout as coach, Western Kentucky beats...
- 02:26 Rams WR Stedman Bailey stable after reportedly being shot in head