Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup
Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup The U.S. Justice Department has asked Citigroup Inc. for more than $10 billion to settle an investigation of the lender’s sale of mortgage-backed bonds before the 2008 financial crisis, a person familiar with the negotiations said.
Prosecutors broke off talks with Citigroup on Monday and are preparing to sue the New York-based bank after it offered less than $4 billion to resolve the matter, said the person, who asked not to be named because the... read more
Most read news
- 11:53 Teen drowns in pond at SE Pa. park
- 11:52 Bohl brings traditional style to Wyoming
- 11:48 Food writer Susan Selasky to serve up a farm-fresh recipe today at...
- 11:42 Los Angeles Dodgers (76-58) at San Diego Padres (62-70), 10:10 p.m....
- 11:38 As stocks rise, so does anxiety: Time to get out?
- 11:35 Proposed commission would help MDE evaluate charter school authorizers
- 11:25 Mark Snyder, Joe Rexrode predict the playoff teams, national champion
- 11:17 Colorado Rockies (53-80) at Arizona Diamondbacks (55-78), 9:40 p.m....
- 11:17 Milwaukee Brewers (73-60) at San Francisco Giants (71-62), 10:15...
- 11:07 Manziel willing to share nickname with A&M's Hill