Justice Department preparing to sue Citigroup
The U.S. Justice Department has asked Citigroup Inc. for more than $10 billion to settle an investigation of the lender’s sale of mortgage-backed bonds before the 2008 financial crisis, a person familiar with the negotiations said.
Prosecutors broke off talks with Citigroup on Monday and are preparing to sue the New York-based bank after it offered less than $4 billion to resolve the matter, said the person, who asked not to be named because the discussions are confidential. The Justice... read more
Most read news
- 16:22 Game Day: Panthers at Coyotes
- 16:22 Phoenix Suns keep Shavlik Randolph, waive Earl Barron
- 16:21 UNC steals victory in 28-27 win at Virginia
- 16:15 Rugs that keep on giving
- 16:08 2 new polls raise Begich hopes in US Senate race
- 16:06 Simchat Torah celebration provides joy and meaning
- 16:04 James Madison strikes early, often, then holds off Charlotte 49ers...
- 15:32 Full coverage: SMU blown out by Memphis, clinches losing season
- 15:14 Feds will recognize same-sex marriage in 6 new states
- 15:14 High School Football Roundup 10.24.14