Kabbalah Centre case taken up by federal authorities, police say
Federal authorities have taken over an investigation into the management of an elderly heiress' fortune by a key figure at the Kabbalah Centre, police said Tuesday.
A supervisor with the Palos Verdes Estates Police Department, which had led a criminal probe into the handling of the housebound widow's affairs, said the department turned over files concerning her longtime business manager, John E. Larkin, to federal agents last month.
Sgt. Steve Barber declined to name the agency but said its focus was "financial activities" involving the 88-year-old heiress, Susan Strong Davis, and... read more
- 09:52 Fans upset Bernie Sanders DNC speech ran into 'The Bachelorette'
- 09:51 Two-thirds of Americans OK if doctors ask about guns
- 09:51 Researchers publish US data on police-related injuries
- 09:50 Shooting suspect at large after man slain at Arlington apartment
- 09:50 Police investige claims of child abuse involving volunteer at...
- 09:50 Prayer vigil held for slain Travis County deputy
- 09:50 The Life-Changing Habit of Progressive Leaders
- 09:50 These 10 YouTube Stars Turned Millions of Views Into Millions of...
- 09:50 In Prison I Found Freedom Through My Personal Discipline
- 09:44 Fact check: Night 1 of Democratic convention