Kabbalah Centre case taken up by federal authorities, police say
Federal authorities have taken over an investigation into the management of an elderly heiress' fortune by a key figure at the Kabbalah Centre, police said Tuesday.
A supervisor with the Palos Verdes Estates Police Department, which had led a criminal probe into the handling of the housebound widow's affairs, said the department turned over files concerning her longtime business manager, John E. Larkin, to federal agents last month.
Sgt. Steve Barber declined to name the agency but said its focus was "financial activities" involving the 88-year-old heiress, Susan Strong Davis, and... read more
- 11:27 Car catches fire, damages Paradise Valley home
- 11:24 My Turn: Gilbert has come a long way but still faces challenges
- 11:24 Goat yoga is a thing, and you can do it in Gilbert
- 11:24 Officials: Pinal County man molested 10-year-old girl
- 11:24 Sky divers take flight at national competition in Eloy
- 11:24 Police: 2 found dead in bullet-riddled car in west Phoenix
- 11:24 AZ Memo: The 24-yard field-goal miss heard round the world; a quest...
- 11:24 My Turn: What I learned running for Glendale mayor
- 11:16 NBA TV host says she was robbed at gunpoint at own home
- 11:15 2 teens arrested, 1 charged with murder for killing another teen