Kabbalah Centre case taken up by federal authorities, police say
Federal authorities have taken over an investigation into the management of an elderly heiress' fortune by a key figure at the Kabbalah Centre, police said Tuesday.
A supervisor with the Palos Verdes Estates Police Department, which had led a criminal probe into the handling of the housebound widow's affairs, said the department turned over files concerning her longtime business manager, John E. Larkin, to federal agents last month.
Sgt. Steve Barber declined to name the agency but said its focus was "financial activities" involving the 88-year-old heiress, Susan Strong Davis, and... read more
- 07:53 South African universities say academic year is in peril
- 07:52 US mood hardens as leader of ally Philippines stokes outrage
- 07:37 Local Muslims wary of Hungary's anti-migrant referendum
- 07:37 Israel condemns Philippines president for invoking Hitler
- 07:37 Man admits killing 19 people in Chinese village after argument with...
- 07:33 Officials eye ‘floating helipad,’ but councilor wants nothing...
- 07:33 State's new transgender rights law takes hold
- 07:24 Albania activists hold protest against waste dumping
- 07:24 Defense ministers discuss defusing South China Sea incidents
- 07:24 Spain's Socialists vote in leadership battle