Kabbalah Centre case taken up by federal authorities, police say
Federal authorities have taken over an investigation into the management of an elderly heiress' fortune by a key figure at the Kabbalah Centre, police said Tuesday.
A supervisor with the Palos Verdes Estates Police Department, which had led a criminal probe into the handling of the housebound widow's affairs, said the department turned over files concerning her longtime business manager, John E. Larkin, to federal agents last month.
Sgt. Steve Barber declined to name the agency but said its focus was "financial activities" involving the 88-year-old heiress, Susan Strong Davis, and... read more
- 03:58 Italy girl rescued after spending 17 hours pinned under debris from...
- 03:58 US anti-whaling group to stop interfering with Japanese
- 03:41 WHY IT MATTERS: Trade
- 03:39 Brandon Drury, Diamondbacks walk off against Braves in extras
- 03:28 Clinton's Gold Rush: $18 million raised on three-day swing
- 03:23 Clinton pushes back on foundation controversy, says its been...
- 03:23 'Alt right' conservative movement embraces the Trump campaign
- 03:06 Italy town destroyed by powerful earthquake was preparing for food...
- 03:06 Seoul: Surviving sexual slavery victims will receive $90,000
- 02:58 North Korea's Kim praises submarine launch test as a success