Kabbalah Centre case taken up by federal authorities, police say
Federal authorities have taken over an investigation into the management of an elderly heiress' fortune by a key figure at the Kabbalah Centre, police said Tuesday.
A supervisor with the Palos Verdes Estates Police Department, which had led a criminal probe into the handling of the housebound widow's affairs, said the department turned over files concerning her longtime business manager, John E. Larkin, to federal agents last month.
Sgt. Steve Barber declined to name the agency but said its focus was "financial activities" involving the 88-year-old heiress, Susan Strong Davis, and... read more
- 15:28 Construction prep work begins for South Mountain Freeway
- 15:27 Mobile Police arrest man for Circle K robbery
- 15:14 Position-by-position matchups for the NBA Finals
- 15:12 DOJ fights federal judge's order for lawyers to attend ethics training
- 15:12 Getting 'nervous'? Clinton plans California campaign spree as...
- 15:09 Judge: MCSO should pay detainees $1,000 or more
- 15:07 New Orleans woman contracts flesh-eating bacteria in Gulf of Mexico
- 15:07 Insurance fund that backs up millions of private pensions is...
- 15:07 Authorities ID man, 73, killed after truck flipped, landed in...
- 14:58 What a Day In the Life of an Entrepreneur Actually Looks Like