Kabbalah Centre case taken up by federal authorities, police say
Federal authorities have taken over an investigation into the management of an elderly heiress' fortune by a key figure at the Kabbalah Centre, police said Tuesday.
A supervisor with the Palos Verdes Estates Police Department, which had led a criminal probe into the handling of the housebound widow's affairs, said the department turned over files concerning her longtime business manager, John E. Larkin, to federal agents last month.
Sgt. Steve Barber declined to name the agency but said its focus was "financial activities" involving the 88-year-old heiress, Susan Strong Davis, and... read more
- 16:57 DPS: Trooper rescued 16-year-old sex slave during traffic stop near...
- 16:46 Last question for Obama as POTUS goes to reporter from his Illinois...
- 16:40 Obama's parting message: We're going to be OK
- 16:34 Peoria Fire-Medical offers free citizen academy
- 16:34 Animal cruelty investigation underway in Queen Creek
- 16:34 2017 Arizona Storytellers Project schedule
- 16:34 Birmingham lawyer sentenced for $431,141 theft from clients
- 16:26 Texas society's Black Tie & Boots party among DC's largest...
- 16:24 My Turn: Don't let Scottsdale bureaucrats turn down historical gift
- 16:21 Millennium girls soccer team seeks football-like crowd