Kabbalah Centre case taken up by federal authorities, police say
Federal authorities have taken over an investigation into the management of an elderly heiress' fortune by a key figure at the Kabbalah Centre, police said Tuesday.
A supervisor with the Palos Verdes Estates Police Department, which had led a criminal probe into the handling of the housebound widow's affairs, said the department turned over files concerning her longtime business manager, John E. Larkin, to federal agents last month.
Sgt. Steve Barber declined to name the agency but said its focus was "financial activities" involving the 88-year-old heiress, Susan Strong Davis, and... read more
- 09:29 Kerry urges Britain, EU to manage their divorce responsibly
- 09:22 Viacom's future is as murky as management turmoil
- 09:17 Huntsville mayor asks desegregation judge to let cops arrest...
- 09:15 NASCAR at Sonoma 2016: Start time, lineup, TV schedule, more
- 09:15 Family of ex-Tennessee women's coach Pat Summitt 'preparing for the...
- 09:14 Voices: Safety training for covering the conventions
- 09:13 Melted dreams: Art installation to vanish during conventions
- 09:05 Primary odd couple pushes to unite Democratic party
- 09:05 Report: It's harder to know who's paying for political ads
- 08:58 The Latest: Labour member pens personal rebuke to Corbyn