Man struck, killed by Metro bus
Man struck, killed by Metro bus A Metro bus struck and killed a pedestrian Tuesday in the Midtown area, officials said.
The bus was turning into the Wheeler Transit Center, 4500½ Main, just after 5:30 p.m. as a man was crossing the street, a witness told Metro authorities.
"The pedestrian struck the front door of the bus, causing him to fall to the ground and roll under the bus," said METRO spokesman Jerome Gray. No passengers were on board the bus at the time, he said.
The man was... read more
Most read news
- 16:24 True Romance: Language, distance no barrier to their love
- 16:22 Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- 16:20 Familiar faces, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Serena Williams,...
- 16:18 Police search for suspects in restaurant robbery
- 15:56 France: Tracks shy away from Air Titan due to cost
- 15:51 Plano West can’t solve The Woodlands’ pitching, bow out in Region...
- 15:43 Candace Parker primed for MVP year as Sparks open Sunday
- 15:38 France says he'd like fall race stay in Charlotte
- 15:36 Girl power no longer a novelty at Indy 500
- 15:29 Overton DQ'd at Colonial for using putting aid