Man who strangled girlfriend throws table at judge who gave him 50-100 years
GRAND RAPIDS - A man who strangled his girlfriend to keep her from implicating him in a stabbing threw a reading table Monday at a judge who'd just sentenced him to 50 to 100 years in prison.
Jahleel Hoskins killed 26-year-old Latrice Maze, a mother of five, to prevent her from telling police about a non-fatal stabbing, according to Grand Rapids authorities. She disappeared in March, and her body has never been found.
Hoskins, 26, was in the middle of his trial in Kent County Circuit Court... read more
Most read news
- 16:51 Labor Day travel to involve 35.5M Americans, AAA forecasts
- 16:47 Venus Williams powers past teenager Bencic at U.S. Open
- 16:46 Dad Rock goes back to college, '80s-style
- 15:40 Until selfie do us part: The divorce selfie is trending
- 15:40 Orlando elections: Mayor, two commissioners face challengers
- 15:22 Woman threatens her kids' foster parents; buys rifle
- 15:05 Labor Day weekend forecast: Hot, chance of showers
- 15:01 United Arab Emirates says 45 of its troops killed in Yemen
- 14:55 Five critical matchups that will decide the biggest games in Week 1
- 14:50 UCF vs FIU: Three things we learned about the Knights