Man who strangled girlfriend throws table at judge who gave him 50-100 years
GRAND RAPIDS - A man who strangled his girlfriend to keep her from implicating him in a stabbing threw a reading table Monday at a judge who'd just sentenced him to 50 to 100 years in prison.
Jahleel Hoskins killed 26-year-old Latrice Maze, a mother of five, to prevent her from telling police about a non-fatal stabbing, according to Grand Rapids authorities. She disappeared in March, and her body has never been found.
Hoskins, 26, was in the middle of his trial in Kent County Circuit Court... read more
Most read news
- 15:34 Cuba Q&A: What you need to know about going there now
- 15:34 What goes around: Parlor in the Round gives musicians and audiences...
- 15:22 US stocks rise; Oracle leads technology stocks higher
- 15:22 Constantly changing online prices stump shoppers
- 15:15 John Brown Big Band brings Ellington's ‘Nutcracker' and more...
- 15:04 Outdoor charity concert moves indoors, gets new name for the holidays
- 14:30 12 gadgets for the tech-savvy and frugal
- 14:30 Proffitt Dixon starts upscale apartments in Matthews
- 14:29 Firing of Charlotte investigator over Facebook post fuels free...
- 13:44 Deputies find 75 lbs of marijuana, other drugs in car trailer