Man who strangled girlfriend throws table at judge who gave him 50-100 years
GRAND RAPIDS - A man who strangled his girlfriend to keep her from implicating him in a stabbing threw a reading table Monday at a judge who'd just sentenced him to 50 to 100 years in prison.
Jahleel Hoskins killed 26-year-old Latrice Maze, a mother of five, to prevent her from telling police about a non-fatal stabbing, according to Grand Rapids authorities. She disappeared in March, and her body has never been found.
Hoskins, 26, was in the middle of his trial in Kent County Circuit Court... read more
Most read news
- 09:19 Sleep: Why it matters and 7 ways to get more
- 09:07 8 convicted for alleged same-sex wedding in Egypt
- 09:06 How companies can improve their 401(k) plans
- 09:06 Wal-Mart ups ante on holiday shopping
- 09:06 6 housing boomtowns that haven't come back
- 09:06 5 ways to cut health care costs in retirement
- 08:53 UN panel scrambling to finish climate report
- 08:31 Russia's top radio station slapped by government
- 08:16 Weekend picks for book lovers
- 08:06 Bikers cancel party after police recover bar