Man who strangled girlfriend throws table at judge who gave him 50-100 years
GRAND RAPIDS - A man who strangled his girlfriend to keep her from implicating him in a stabbing threw a reading table Monday at a judge who'd just sentenced him to 50 to 100 years in prison.
Jahleel Hoskins killed 26-year-old Latrice Maze, a mother of five, to prevent her from telling police about a non-fatal stabbing, according to Grand Rapids authorities. She disappeared in March, and her body has never been found.
Hoskins, 26, was in the middle of his trial in Kent County Circuit Court... read more
Most read news
- 10:44 It's Group of Five on The Football Four Podcast Episode 5
- 10:43 Precourt vies for state transportation post
- 10:41 T-Mobile to subscribers. Stream Apple Music for free.
- 10:26 'Bachelorette': Nick wins in end
- 10:25 Consumer confidence drops sharply in July
- 10:13 Scion still hopes to crack 100,000 a year sales mark
- 10:06 Madeleine McCann detectives ask about Australian bones
- 10:05 Mom: Florida teens lost at sea can "get through this'
- 09:56 Pistol-packing preacher shoots burglar at church
- 09:54 Islamic State recruitment document seeks to provoke 'end of the world'