Man who strangled girlfriend throws table at judge who gave him 50-100 years
GRAND RAPIDS - A man who strangled his girlfriend to keep her from implicating him in a stabbing threw a reading table Monday at a judge who'd just sentenced him to 50 to 100 years in prison.
Jahleel Hoskins killed 26-year-old Latrice Maze, a mother of five, to prevent her from telling police about a non-fatal stabbing, according to Grand Rapids authorities. She disappeared in March, and her body has never been found.
Hoskins, 26, was in the middle of his trial in Kent County Circuit Court... read more
Most read news
- 06:34 Books: New and noteworthy
- 06:07 How computers got amazing: Moore's Law at 50
- 05:23 Chinese activist more determined after lockup
- 04:42 Reports: Hundreds feared dead after boat capsizes in Mediterranean
- 03:53 Bethel's Cama-i Dance Festival melds past and present, performers...
- 02:45 Wildfire near Calif. dam threatens 300 homes
- 01:56 Impasse continues in Juneau over school funding and employee pay
- 01:35 Federal money triggers Alaska capital budget increases
- 00:59 First Person: Fans turn out for Record Store Day
- 00:55 Rockets pull away from Mavericks to take Game 1