Man who strangled girlfriend throws table at judge who gave him 50-100 years
GRAND RAPIDS - A man who strangled his girlfriend to keep her from implicating him in a stabbing threw a reading table Monday at a judge who'd just sentenced him to 50 to 100 years in prison.
Jahleel Hoskins killed 26-year-old Latrice Maze, a mother of five, to prevent her from telling police about a non-fatal stabbing, according to Grand Rapids authorities. She disappeared in March, and her body has never been found.
Hoskins, 26, was in the middle of his trial in Kent County Circuit Court... read more
Most read news
- 18:08 Hawks' Horford will not receive additional discipline
- 17:48 On Memorial Day answering the question: 'Was it worth it?'
- 17:48 UCLA is top-seeded team in NCAA baseball tournament for first time
- 17:23 Bernie Sanders' campaign kickoff full of symbolism
- 17:15 Josh Hamilton: Back with Rangers, he returns to 'something I love...
- 17:15 Patient advocate fights for access to digital records through her art
- 16:31 Rough surf claims lives of 3 over weekend
- 16:26 Former Red Sox Tim Wakefield to receive RFK award
- 15:43 Four children hurt when waterspout lifts bounce house on Fort...
- 15:42 To get around Congress, Obama turns to city halls