Man who strangled girlfriend throws table at judge who gave him 50-100 years
GRAND RAPIDS - A man who strangled his girlfriend to keep her from implicating him in a stabbing threw a reading table Monday at a judge who'd just sentenced him to 50 to 100 years in prison.
Jahleel Hoskins killed 26-year-old Latrice Maze, a mother of five, to prevent her from telling police about a non-fatal stabbing, according to Grand Rapids authorities. She disappeared in March, and her body has never been found.
Hoskins, 26, was in the middle of his trial in Kent County Circuit Court when he accepted a deal and pleaded guilty Dec. 11 to second-degree murder. He'd been charged with an... read more
- 08:39 Connor Cook could not satisfy NFL teams' questions about leadership
- 08:36 Why you shouldn't bring your smartphone to bed
- 08:36 Dog hugs: 5 most incredible discoveries of the week
- 08:35 Are you smarter than a chimpanzee?
- 08:34 Cheryl Hall: Enron culprit Andy Fastow's ugly tale and sobering...
- 08:16 5 ways to catch up on your retirement savings
- 08:06 Tumultuous timeline of Boston Grand Prix
- 07:56 Mitchell Schnurman: Will deadline kill major Texas utility deal or...
- 07:47 Take a 2-question test to see if you're ready to own a home
- 07:37 Gov. Bentley's beach house project threatens endangered mouse