Man who strangled girlfriend throws table at judge who gave him 50-100 years
GRAND RAPIDS - A man who strangled his girlfriend to keep her from implicating him in a stabbing threw a reading table Monday at a judge who'd just sentenced him to 50 to 100 years in prison.
Jahleel Hoskins killed 26-year-old Latrice Maze, a mother of five, to prevent her from telling police about a non-fatal stabbing, according to Grand Rapids authorities. She disappeared in March, and her body has never been found.
Hoskins, 26, was in the middle of his trial in Kent County Circuit Court... read more
Most read news
- 00:54 Justin Hodgman scores in long-awaited NHL debut
- 00:54 San Francisco Giants rout Kansas City Royals, tie World Series at 2-2
- 00:53 Mesa crash kills motorcyclist, closes U.S. 60
- 00:42 Wylie says progress on state tests came with concerted effort
- 00:26 Mesa crash kills 1, injures 3, officials say
- 00:13 College football's Week 9 winners and losers
- 00:04 Career almanac
- 00:02 Wolfpack draws with Oranges
- 00:02 Shaw wins at 44 seconds
- 23:45 Cold facts: Goals on goals on goals; Stars stay amped in back-to-back