Man who strangled girlfriend throws table at judge who gave him 50-100 years
GRAND RAPIDS - A man who strangled his girlfriend to keep her from implicating him in a stabbing threw a reading table Monday at a judge who'd just sentenced him to 50 to 100 years in prison.
Jahleel Hoskins killed 26-year-old Latrice Maze, a mother of five, to prevent her from telling police about a non-fatal stabbing, according to Grand Rapids authorities. She disappeared in March, and her body has never been found.
Hoskins, 26, was in the middle of his trial in Kent County Circuit Court when he accepted a deal and pleaded guilty Dec. 11 to second-degree murder. He'd been charged with an... read more
- 04:56 Gunman kills 5, wounds 20 in Serbia cafe
- 04:27 Islamist militants kill 20 hostages in Bangladesh restaurant...
- 04:25 Chipotle acts quickly after exec indicted on drug charge
- 04:04 FBI could interview Hillary Clinton this weekend, report claims
- 03:55 EU's new crises raise questions about what more can be done
- 03:04 Lynch meeting latest episode to strain Clinton trust
- 03:04 Seeking post-Brexit calm, Obama walks back UK trade warning
- 02:58 Afghan official: suicide bomber kills 2 civilians in east
- 02:32 Police: Six gunmen killed, hostages rescued after standoff in...
- 02:18 The Latest: Dhaka restaurant owner has no contact with staff