Man who strangled girlfriend throws table at judge who gave him 50-100 years
GRAND RAPIDS - A man who strangled his girlfriend to keep her from implicating him in a stabbing threw a reading table Monday at a judge who'd just sentenced him to 50 to 100 years in prison.
Jahleel Hoskins killed 26-year-old Latrice Maze, a mother of five, to prevent her from telling police about a non-fatal stabbing, according to Grand Rapids authorities. She disappeared in March, and her body has never been found.
Hoskins, 26, was in the middle of his trial in Kent County Circuit Court... read more
Most read news
- 11:34 Yemen's Shiite rebels release abducted aide of president
- 11:15 Two S.C. high schools combine to make memorable moment for autistic...
- 11:13 Google Fiber coming to Charlotte
- 11:09 Petty won't get Grammy nod for 'Stay With Me'
- 11:04 Obama: It's time to regulate drones
- 10:55 Military halts AirAsia recovery operations
- 10:18 Documents Show NSA's Wiretap Moves Before Congress' Approval
- 10:15 Purported ISIS message threatens Japan, Jordan hostages
- 10:09 Obama pays respect to Saudi king
- 09:45 Crime Stoppers tip leads to arrest of suspects in University area...