Man who strangled girlfriend throws table at judge who gave him 50-100 years
GRAND RAPIDS - A man who strangled his girlfriend to keep her from implicating him in a stabbing threw a reading table Monday at a judge who'd just sentenced him to 50 to 100 years in prison.
Jahleel Hoskins killed 26-year-old Latrice Maze, a mother of five, to prevent her from telling police about a non-fatal stabbing, according to Grand Rapids authorities. She disappeared in March, and her body has never been found.
Hoskins, 26, was in the middle of his trial in Kent County Circuit Court... read more
Most read news
- 15:44 Madame Tussauds: All five One Direction figures arrive Wednesday
- 15:34 National firm acquires 80-year-old Winter Park insurance company
- 15:28 Some Puerto Ricans, discouraged by financial crisis, plan to move...
- 15:22 Man helps Howey-in-the-Hills police arrange sting to recover stolen...
- 15:15 Picture it: One Direction's Liam Payne at Universal
- 15:01 'Good Wife': Jeffrey Dean Morgan joins cast
- 14:57 Man found dead in water escaped traffic stop in May
- 14:55 Is Google Glass 2.0 coming soon?
- 14:45 Armour: World Cup title shows U.S. women primed for more success in...
- 14:40 Not even broken bones can stop Dave Grohl and Foo Fighters