Man who strangled girlfriend throws table at judge who gave him 50-100 years
GRAND RAPIDS - A man who strangled his girlfriend to keep her from implicating him in a stabbing threw a reading table Monday at a judge who'd just sentenced him to 50 to 100 years in prison.
Jahleel Hoskins killed 26-year-old Latrice Maze, a mother of five, to prevent her from telling police about a non-fatal stabbing, according to Grand Rapids authorities. She disappeared in March, and her body has never been found.
Hoskins, 26, was in the middle of his trial in Kent County Circuit Court when he accepted a deal and pleaded guilty Dec. 11 to second-degree murder. He'd been charged with an... read more
- 01:37 America's got Simon Cowell back as a talent judge
- 01:22 Kidnapped Mexican soccer player overpowered captors before calling...
- 01:01 The Latest: Jack Hanna backs decision to kill gorilla at zoo
- 01:01 Pueblo shield withdrawn from Paris artifacts auction
- 01:01 White House returns to normal operations after lockdown
- 01:01 Tropical Depression Bonnie dissipates after heavy rains
- 01:01 Obama marks Memorial Day at Arlington National Cemetery
- 01:01 Hillary Clinton marches in hometown Memorial Day parade
- 00:55 Senate investigation finds 'systemic' failures at VA watchdog
- 00:48 Allen: Penguins-Sharks proves to be as exciting as we hoped