Man who strangled girlfriend throws table at judge who gave him 50-100 years
GRAND RAPIDS - A man who strangled his girlfriend to keep her from implicating him in a stabbing threw a reading table Monday at a judge who'd just sentenced him to 50 to 100 years in prison.
Jahleel Hoskins killed 26-year-old Latrice Maze, a mother of five, to prevent her from telling police about a non-fatal stabbing, according to Grand Rapids authorities. She disappeared in March, and her body has never been found.
Hoskins, 26, was in the middle of his trial in Kent County Circuit Court... read more
Most read news
- 13:38 Chile arrests former Pinochet aide in killings
- 13:37 Cowboys-Giants Upon Further Review: Winning in short yardage
- 13:36 Judge weighing arguments for competency expert in trial over...
- 13:35 Chandler Center for the Arts planning for next 25 years
- 13:35 5 reasons to go to the Scottsdale Polo Championships
- 13:35 Former Mesa resident among Nazis paid for leaving U.S.
- 13:25 Rainer Sabin answers Cowboys questions at 1 p.m. Tuesday; ask yours...
- 13:23 Libya's persecuted people displaced again
- 13:21 Carson Palmer, Khalil Mack get cleats stuck together
- 13:11 Drunk woman mistook jail for bar, cops say