Man who strangled girlfriend throws table at judge who gave him 50-100 years
GRAND RAPIDS - A man who strangled his girlfriend to keep her from implicating him in a stabbing threw a reading table Monday at a judge who'd just sentenced him to 50 to 100 years in prison.
Jahleel Hoskins killed 26-year-old Latrice Maze, a mother of five, to prevent her from telling police about a non-fatal stabbing, according to Grand Rapids authorities. She disappeared in March, and her body has never been found.
Hoskins, 26, was in the middle of his trial in Kent County Circuit Court when he accepted a deal and pleaded guilty Dec. 11 to second-degree murder. He'd been charged with an... read more
- 08:04 'Dukes of Hazards' star John Schneider's Louisiana home, studio...
- 07:59 Swimmer vanishes from UK beach where 5 drowned
- 07:58 'Challenging night' leaves two dead, two injured
- 07:55 Tech Q&A: Boosting your cell signal, choosing a great password
- 07:41 Top diplomat backs new South Sudan vice president
- 07:41 Both sides in Gabon poll predict win as votes are counted
- 07:41 UK launches search for swimmer days after 5 die on beach
- 07:26 Hurricane Gaston reforms, barrels northwest in the Atlantic
- 07:17 Gelzinis: Body cams, armor wouldn’t have prevented the violence
- 07:17 Cops announce arrests in Roxbury, Dorchester homicides; search for...