Man who strangled girlfriend throws table at judge who gave him 50-100 years
GRAND RAPIDS - A man who strangled his girlfriend to keep her from implicating him in a stabbing threw a reading table Monday at a judge who'd just sentenced him to 50 to 100 years in prison.
Jahleel Hoskins killed 26-year-old Latrice Maze, a mother of five, to prevent her from telling police about a non-fatal stabbing, according to Grand Rapids authorities. She disappeared in March, and her body has never been found.
Hoskins, 26, was in the middle of his trial in Kent County Circuit Court when he accepted a deal and pleaded guilty Dec. 11 to second-degree murder. He'd been charged with an... read more
- 08:23 The Latest: Trump won't commit to working with Clinton
- 08:22 Leominster man killed by train was scouting hunting areas
- 08:22 Fired Agawam police officers appeal to get their jobs back
- 08:15 European court rejects German far-right party's complaint
- 08:15 Michael Phelps secretly married Nicole Johnson in June
- 08:15 James Packer reportedly dumps Mariah Carey over 'extravagant spending'
- 08:15 Todd Chrisley slams Nancy Grace, calls her a 'cow'
- 08:13 AP-GfK Poll: Clinton advantage fueled by growing enthusiasm
- 08:12 Former GOP congressman: Grabbing my musket if Trump loses
- 08:12 The Chicago Cubs of Alabama? In Grove Hill, small town spirit...