Man who strangled girlfriend throws table at judge who gave him 50-100 years
GRAND RAPIDS - A man who strangled his girlfriend to keep her from implicating him in a stabbing threw a reading table Monday at a judge who'd just sentenced him to 50 to 100 years in prison.
Jahleel Hoskins killed 26-year-old Latrice Maze, a mother of five, to prevent her from telling police about a non-fatal stabbing, according to Grand Rapids authorities. She disappeared in March, and her body has never been found.
Hoskins, 26, was in the middle of his trial in Kent County Circuit Court when he accepted a deal and pleaded guilty Dec. 11 to second-degree murder. He'd been charged with an... read more
- 16:57 DPS: Trooper rescued 16-year-old sex slave during traffic stop near...
- 16:46 Last question for Obama as POTUS goes to reporter from his Illinois...
- 16:40 Obama's parting message: We're going to be OK
- 16:34 Peoria Fire-Medical offers free citizen academy
- 16:34 Animal cruelty investigation underway in Queen Creek
- 16:34 2017 Arizona Storytellers Project schedule
- 16:34 Birmingham lawyer sentenced for $431,141 theft from clients
- 16:26 Texas society's Black Tie & Boots party among DC's largest...
- 16:23 Rep. Bradley Byrne: Most of my constituents on Affordable Care Act...
- 16:21 Millennium girls soccer team seeks football-like crowd