Man who strangled girlfriend throws table at judge who gave him 50-100 years
GRAND RAPIDS - A man who strangled his girlfriend to keep her from implicating him in a stabbing threw a reading table Monday at a judge who'd just sentenced him to 50 to 100 years in prison.
Jahleel Hoskins killed 26-year-old Latrice Maze, a mother of five, to prevent her from telling police about a non-fatal stabbing, according to Grand Rapids authorities. She disappeared in March, and her body has never been found.
Hoskins, 26, was in the middle of his trial in Kent County Circuit Court... read more
Most read news
- 21:21 Camelback hiker dies after falling off trail
- 20:21 The Public Record: September 12, 2014 - September 19, 2014
- 20:21 Tolleson ban on urban camping targets homeless downtown
- 20:04 Deputy AG suspended, accused of ‘impeding’ investigation
- 18:56 Corporal punishment: Good parenting or abuse?
- 18:53 Scotland's ‘no' to independence sets up battle in Europe's...
- 18:38 Avondale high school on lock down after weapon report
- 18:38 Judge to rule on Rockingham Speedway ownership next week
- 18:36 What Daryl Johnston needs to see to buy into Cowboys' running game
- 18:25 Sundays forecast: Black and gold everywhere