Man who strangled girlfriend throws table at judge who gave him 50-100 years
GRAND RAPIDS - A man who strangled his girlfriend to keep her from implicating him in a stabbing threw a reading table Monday at a judge who'd just sentenced him to 50 to 100 years in prison.
Jahleel Hoskins killed 26-year-old Latrice Maze, a mother of five, to prevent her from telling police about a non-fatal stabbing, according to Grand Rapids authorities. She disappeared in March, and her body has never been found.
Hoskins, 26, was in the middle of his trial in Kent County Circuit Court when he accepted a deal and pleaded guilty Dec. 11 to second-degree murder. He'd been charged with an... read more
- 16:09 Belgium to expand targeted security measures in Brussels
- 16:09 18 ISIS leaders recently killed ahead of expected Mosul operation,...
- 16:05 4 people reported injured in Paradise Valley scaffolding collapse
- 16:05 Police identify 5-year-old Avondale boy who fatally shot himself
- 16:00 Group calls for Darfur chemical weapons investigation
- 16:00 UN impotent before Syria war crimes
- 15:49 Egyptian court blocks cancellation of islands transfer
- 15:49 Car bomb explodes near home of Egyptian judicial official
- 15:44 Fire alarm at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport causes...
- 15:40 Collecting Treasures: How hot are Hot Wheels?