Man who strangled girlfriend throws table at judge who gave him 50-100 years
GRAND RAPIDS - A man who strangled his girlfriend to keep her from implicating him in a stabbing threw a reading table Monday at a judge who'd just sentenced him to 50 to 100 years in prison.
Jahleel Hoskins killed 26-year-old Latrice Maze, a mother of five, to prevent her from telling police about a non-fatal stabbing, according to Grand Rapids authorities. She disappeared in March, and her body has never been found.
Hoskins, 26, was in the middle of his trial in Kent County Circuit Court... read more
Most read news
- 00:43 Dining: Overdid it at Thanksgiving? Refresh your taste buds with...
- 00:43 Parking rules shut down Anchorage's winter food truck meet-up
- 00:31 Check inside Bethel's burned school finds both wreckage and treasures
- 00:27 Sunflowers farmer planted to honor wife now to aid cancer cure
- 00:18 Wiggs, who left Idaho for UAA, making all the right moves for...
- 00:18 Green, Zanders help UAA volleyball team dominate GNAC...
- 00:18 Monday prep hockey: West 3, Eagle River 0
- 23:57 NYC kicks off holidays with heavy security
- 23:00 'This Book is Gay': Wasilla library mulls future of LGBT sex-ed book
- 22:46 #ThanksgivingWithBlackFamilies on Twitter