Man who strangled girlfriend throws table at judge who gave him 50-100 years
GRAND RAPIDS - A man who strangled his girlfriend to keep her from implicating him in a stabbing threw a reading table Monday at a judge who'd just sentenced him to 50 to 100 years in prison.
Jahleel Hoskins killed 26-year-old Latrice Maze, a mother of five, to prevent her from telling police about a non-fatal stabbing, according to Grand Rapids authorities. She disappeared in March, and her body has never been found.
Hoskins, 26, was in the middle of his trial in Kent County Circuit Court... read more
Most read news
- 02:44 Aces come up small in big game, lose 5-0 at Idaho
- 02:23 James Harden posts career-high 51 in Rockets win
- 01:55 Tears for Paul Walker at 'Furious' premiere
- 01:43 6 candidates vie for 3 Anchorage School Board seats
- 00:16 'American Sniper' guitar being auctioned for charity
- 00:01 Flames engulf oil platform in Gulf, 4 workers dead
- 00:01 Russian trawler with 132 crew sinks, at least 43 dead
- 23:59 Skimpy uniforms can't cover up inconsistencies in the food quality...
- 23:49 Message to refugees, immigrants: You're welcome in Alaska
- 23:22 Senate committee wants to kill cost-of-living hikes for state...