Man who strangled girlfriend throws table at judge who gave him 50-100 years
GRAND RAPIDS - A man who strangled his girlfriend to keep her from implicating him in a stabbing threw a reading table Monday at a judge who'd just sentenced him to 50 to 100 years in prison.
Jahleel Hoskins killed 26-year-old Latrice Maze, a mother of five, to prevent her from telling police about a non-fatal stabbing, according to Grand Rapids authorities. She disappeared in March, and her body has never been found.
Hoskins, 26, was in the middle of his trial in Kent County Circuit Court... read more
Most read news
- 11:35 Bill would allow for new license plates for veterans
- 11:33 Senate passes homeland security bill House won't support
- 10:57 Mo'Nique, Daniels spar on 'blackballed'
- 10:37 5 history lessons about products you use every day
- 10:31 Camp sites: Pitch-rich Cardinals ready for 2015 challenge
- 10:28 DNA discovery: British people ate imported wheat 8,000 years ago
- 09:31 Attackers in Bangladesh hack American blogger to death
- 09:16 ScarJo on Travolta: 'Not creepy'
- 08:51 The economy grew 2.2% in the fourth quarter
- 08:29 Report: 9 dead at multiple crime scenes in rural Missouri