Man who strangled girlfriend throws table at judge who gave him 50-100 years
GRAND RAPIDS - A man who strangled his girlfriend to keep her from implicating him in a stabbing threw a reading table Monday at a judge who'd just sentenced him to 50 to 100 years in prison.
Jahleel Hoskins killed 26-year-old Latrice Maze, a mother of five, to prevent her from telling police about a non-fatal stabbing, according to Grand Rapids authorities. She disappeared in March, and her body has never been found.
Hoskins, 26, was in the middle of his trial in Kent County Circuit Court when he accepted a deal and pleaded guilty Dec. 11 to second-degree murder. He'd been charged with an... read more
- 20:50 Alabama men fatally poisoned by carbon monoxide gas
- 20:18 Arizona commemorates 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor attack in...
- 19:36 Cuban entrepreneurs urge President-elect Trump to maintain...
- 19:23 Bella Hadid poses in NSFW Paper Magazine shoot
- 18:54 Readers' picks: Worst West Valley eyesores
- 18:52 FBI seeks public's help to catch 'Packing Pigeon Bandit' in Glendale
- 18:52 Downtown Southwest Valley: 10 don't-miss spots
- 18:52 Ultimate Arizona bucket list: 10 things to do in the Southwest Valley
- 18:37 DPS seeks help to ID body of man found on I-40
- 18:32 Downtown Gilbert: 10 don't-miss spots