New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle... read more
Most read news
- 11:25 Former GOP nominee Romney will not run for president in '16
- 10:52 Obama neutral on Super Bowl
- 10:43 Eddie Murphy to appear on 'SNL'
- 10:43 Timeline: Suge Knight's legal history
- 10:43 Dinklage, Schilling need more heat in Turgenev's 'Country'
- 10:43 'Parenthood' ends with life, death, love
- 10:43 10 things to mull from 'Thrones' trailer
- 10:43 Weekend TV: Mel Brooks, 'Blacklist,' Super Bowl
- 10:43 Roseanne Barr on Bill Cosby: 'No one is surprised'
- 10:43 Erin Heatherton 'dying' for some Super Bowl fun