New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle... read more
Most read news
- 23:07 Wildfires take toll on hunting season
- 22:51 Don't leave a voice message. Send an email
- 22:45 Austria, Germany agree to take in migrants from Hungary
- 22:35 From car-hop to senator: Lessons learned
- 22:32 Investigators: Fire at Planned Parenthood clinic arson
- 22:32 Pot legalization debate blurs political lines in Ohio
- 22:31 Tracks, not trails: Be safe and don't let a train sneak up on you...
- 22:31 Coverage on Chinese ships failed to deal with scale, size of Alaska
- 22:23 Jeff Gordon on Darlington: 'I loved it right away'
- 22:23 Incident report reveals details of Lawrence Phillips' alleged...