New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle... read more
Most read news
- 23:11 Column: Hillary won when the men flinched
- 23:11 Clinton punches back at first Democratic debate
- 22:57 Hillary Clinton shuts down Anderson Cooper with one word
- 22:44 Ohio truck driver accused of being serial killer
- 22:43 Lamar Odom hospitalized after being found unresponsive in Nevada...
- 21:54 Meet the newest Alaska Ace, center Alex Grieve
- 21:45 Lunar eclipse is one to remember for Alaskans at Washington Square
- 21:02 Live: Clinton, Sanders and rest of Democratic 2016 field debate in...
- 19:28 Yes, people did buy 'Playboy' for the articles
- 18:32 How to help a loved one sign up for Medicare