New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle... read more
Most read news
- 11:05 Residents, pets escape central Phoenix fire
- 11:04 Anheuser-Busch sues over beer distribution
- 11:04 Stocks edge up on earnings reports, Europe hopes
- 11:04 Yahoo CEO defends strategy in face of criticism
- 10:14 9 migrants injured in Spain border fence rush
- 10:12 Outage leaves about 25,000 without power in Union, Mecklenburg...
- 10:03 Asked: What are the symptoms of the enterovirus?
- 09:54 League of Women Voters of Irving to hold elections program
- 09:45 Tuskegee Airman Calvin Spann to discuss new book in Allen
- 09:43 Social Security benefits to go up by 1.7 percent