New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle... read more
Most read news
- 11:46 Talk Cowboys-Cardinals, Mavericks and more with Tim Cowlishaw at 11...
- 11:38 EU holds largest-ever cyber security exercise
- 11:35 Stocks mixed in early trading
- 11:22 Larson named AP's West Africa bureau chief
- 10:46 MasterCard earnings jump on consumer spending
- 10:41 Curtiss-Wright chairman to retire in January
- 10:10 Zambia: President's body to return Saturday
- 09:13 Milosevic's widow ridicules EU lifting sanctions
- 08:34 Christie gets tough with heckler over Sandy progress
- 08:13 Halloween scene resembling a lynching taken down