New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle... read more
Most read news
- 07:01 Top 10 Black Friday deals
- 06:41 Stocks that feast during Thanksgiving week
- 06:41 Ask Matt: Is Hormel hurt by meat fears?
- 06:41 'Tis the season for card data theft — more than ever
- 04:56 Turkey against escalating tensions after plane downed
- 04:14 Kobe Bryant thinks Warriors can make run at 33-game win streak record
- 03:42 Russia halting gas supplies to Ukraine
- 03:30 Questions raised by the fourth College Football Playoff ranking
- 03:21 UAA rolls over Pepperdine in Shootout
- 03:21 NOTEBOOK: Shaq's making his presence felt at Shootout