New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy... read more
Most read news
- 02:48 Miss America contestants arriving in Atlantic City
- 02:46 At NATO, goal is to curb Russia but not provoke it
- 02:46 Recap: Oakland vs. Seattle
- 02:45 Sept. 2 roundup: Birmingham Roeper, Novi boys soccer prevail
- 02:37 Asian stock markets rise as dollar gains
- 02:25 Ziegler serves up homer ball to Spangenberg
- 02:25 At NATO, goal is to curb Russia but not provoke it
- 01:22 Unbeaten U.S. routs New Zealand in World Cup; Andre Drummond scores 1
- 00:38 Sports Illustrated MMQB writers: Cowboys coach Jason Garrett will...
- 00:28 Celebrity birthdays on Sept. 3