New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle... read more
Most read news
- 17:26 BAFTA awards: 'The Revenant,' Leonardo DiCaprio dominate
- 17:26 Review: Kanye West reaches peak on 'Pablo'
- 17:09 Review: Hulu's '11.22.63' is not worth the time travel
- 17:03 Pope to visit a scarred, blood-soaked Juarez
- 17:01 What's next for Chris Christie?
- 16:19 Alaska Rep. Max Gruenberg, longtime House member, has died
- 15:51 The future is now for NASCAR's young guns
- 15:35 Alaska Rep. Max Gruenberg, long-time House member, has died
- 15:29 Top 25 Capsules
- 15:26 6 high court cases that could change with Scalia's death