New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy... read more
Most read news
- 13:46 Miami's Ricky Ubeda vaults to the top of “SO YOU THINK YOU...
- 13:46 Oaklawn announces rise in purses for 2015 season
- 13:45 No. 11 Stanford set to open season vs. UC Davis
- 13:28 Say hello to Danny Pink in ‘Doctor Who'
- 13:21 Join SportsDayHS as we discuss tonight's football action starting...
- 13:17 'Bama opens vs West Virginia with QB questions
- 13:13 Brady Hoke feels 'horrible' for Braxton Miller, isn't counting out OSU
- 13:10 Bar owner whose arrest sparked outrage in Michigan town pleads to...
- 12:54 Fans might notice several upgrades at Michigan Stadium this season
- 12:52 Winston, champ FSU open at site of next title game