New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle... read more
Most read news
- 17:57 Seven key questions to frame the March Madness discussion
- 17:29 Forget about the speech, focus on Iran, AIPAC says
- 17:01 Crazy 'Bachelor' women reunite to 'Tell All'
- 17:01 Sorry, high rollers: Marijuana is nowhere near legal in these...
- 16:38 Global warming fuels coral killer, study finds
- 16:24 Motive still a mystery in Missouri mass shooting
- 16:06 Medical marijuana trial pits state vs. federal laws
- 15:19 'Last Man on Earth' stands alone
- 15:00 Obama: Minoso was "Mr. White Sox"
- 14:31 Rural walking man: 35 miles in Steve's shoes