New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle... read more
Most read news
- 01:05 G-20 says close to goal of $2 trillion in growth
- 01:04 JC Smith takes a thumping on the road
- 00:59 Cowlishaw: How could one-time offensive genius June Jones leave...
- 00:20 Mesa wrong-way crash injures 4
- 00:18 Rangers' game breakdown: Angels do damage with the long ball in 8-5...
- 00:15 Sprint car driver killed in Wisconsin
- 00:14 Sherrington: After more than 60 years without football, school...
- 00:14 Sunday's TV/Radio listings
- 00:04 Negligence on the farm
- 00:03 Volunteers fan out to locate absent Dallas ISD students