New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle... read more
Most read news
- 07:43 2 dead, 2 seriously hurt in Gaston County crash
- 07:39 Albania, Kosovo officials visit rival Serbia
- 07:08 No injuries in north Charlotte apartment fire
- 07:03 1 killed in Salisbury shooting
- 06:59 Election countdown: Colo. surprise, Iowa hogs and more
- 06:38 Today's traffic: Wreck near McGuire plant
- 06:03 Watch: Baby bear cub strolls through drug store
- 06:03 Police: Suspect sold heroin under brand name 'Ebola'
- 06:03 Statue of Liberty to sport bow ties on Halloween, sort of
- 06:03 Jurors changed mind; convicted judge wants new trial