New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle graduated from the University of Queensland. “Living on the east coast of Australia, we have seen extreme... read more
- 04:05 EXCLUSIVE: City officials well aware problems plague NYPD nuisance...
- 04:05 Lovett: Board of Elections chief says Mayor de Blasio’s...
- 04:05 Man arrested in stabbing death of 41-year-old Bronx man
- 03:46 Molotov cocktail hurled and 5 officers injured in Seattle May Day...
- 03:14 TV tonight: 'Gotham,' 'NCIS' season finale
- 02:06 Phoenix area can expect heat followed by more moisture this week
- 02:06 Fatal crash closes part of Interstate 10 near Buckeye
- 02:06 79-year-old Phoenix hiker dies after falling on Yavapai County trail
- 02:06 Record-breaking solar plane to land in Phoenix
- 02:06 Tempe check-cashing store robbed