New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle... read more
Most read news
- 00:29 Mike Riley set to shake up Nebraska, Huskers ranked No. 30
- 00:20 What's Online Today: Highlights for July 29
- 00:00 Eric Berry, fresh off cancer treatment, cleared to practice with...
- 23:51 Brave faces emerge as sculptor honors women's suffrage
- 23:37 Orlando City's Tyler Turner starts, MLS homegrown team falls to...
- 23:21 Telecom executive named new University of Alaska president
- 23:20 'Maximum' value: Review of Alaska oil tax system should take place...
- 23:20 Alaska should help addicts to heal, not forever brand them felons
- 23:20 Denali wolves: Support for conservation easement exchange to buffer...
- 22:55 Price struggles in Tigers' 10-2 loss to Rays