New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle... read more
Most read news
- 20:28 Family members' funeral 'pulls on your heartstrings'
- 19:43 Paul Pierce embraces villain role as Wizards steal Game 1
- 19:14 Stephen Curry, Warriors hold off Anthony Davis, Pelicans in Game 1
- 18:15 Drought is not just a California problem
- 18:15 Questions swirl around issue of faith and facial hair
- 16:45 Ryan Lochte, healthy again, begins buildup for worlds, then Olympics
- 16:19 Behind the scenes at VA's $1.73B Colo. hospital project
- 16:15 'The British are coming!': Today in history
- 15:44 Delamaide: IMF faces tipping point over Greece
- 15:08 Google shakes up ranking system for mobile