New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle... read more
Most read news
- 03:25 Shell drilling may spur Arctic resource race
- 03:25 Santorum poised to join 2016 field
- 03:23 TV tonight: iHeartRadio Country Festival
- 02:59 LeBron's patience and leadership with young cast led to Finals,...
- 02:41 State Dept. proposes Clinton email release every 2 months
- 02:02 Anchorage Assembly recertifies mayoral runoff election after...
- 01:49 FIFA officials arrested on federal corruption charges
- 01:07 Trapper Creek Bluegrass Festival draws crowd to 'big playground' in...
- 00:46 House leaders push Alaska Permanent Fund earnings as solution to...
- 00:23 What's Online Today: Highlights for May 27