New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle... read more
Most read news
- 11:04 Ind. state senator still trying bill to save Christmas
- 10:58 Lockheed caught up in British air traffic fiasco inquiry
- 10:21 Sony plans to eventually release 'The Interview'
- 10:21 Kourtney Kardashian appropriately names son Reign
- 09:55 10 years after tsunami, victim's mom learns body wasn't lost
- 09:49 After Boom, North Sea Oil Producers Are Hit Hard by Sinking Prices
- 09:47 Advice IQ: Why paying extra on mortgage pays off
- 09:47 Report: Elon Musk's 'hyperloop' idea could work
- 09:47 Ask an Expert: Santa knows small business
- 09:35 Panel: Asahi not to blame for criticism of Japan