New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle graduated from the University of Queensland. “Living on the east coast of Australia, we have seen extreme... read more
- 14:10 Latest: 18 structures burned in Southern California fire
- 13:58 Froome celebrates 3rd Tour title with beer and Champagne
- 13:58 Iran confirms Iranian-American has been detained
- 13:56 Chris Froome wins third Tour de France of his career
- 13:37 Drought hits Northeastern US, could last months
- 13:33 Official: Wasserman Schultz won't gavel in convention
- 13:23 White Sox suspend Chris Sale for five days after clubhouse incident
- 13:05 Police nab 2nd fugitive on most wanted sex offenders list
- 12:37 Police: Remains are northern Ohio woman missing since '98
- 12:25 California fires threaten thousands of homes; 1 body found