New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle... read more
Most read news
- 09:43 After deadly Al Shabab attack, questions about Kenya's approach
- 08:53 Tree falls on house in east Charlotte
- 08:43 Charges dismissed on teen cited in death of his family
- 08:43 Italian doctor with Ebola returning for treatment
- 08:38 Almanac: Monday, November 24, 2014
- 08:35 Spanish police arrest 4 priests in pedophile case
- 08:34 Give us bigger seats! Fatter profits might follow
- 08:29 NFL hot reads: Cowboys, Eagles set up Thanksgiving showdown
- 08:22 Traditions: Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade explained
- 08:22 Father of boy, 12, gunned down by police questions cops