New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle graduated from the University of Queensland. “Living on the east coast of Australia, we have seen extreme... read more
- 01:44 Northern California police officer among 23 arrested in gang probe
- 01:27 Flagstaff police arrest San Francisco murder suspect
- 01:27 Law-enforcement agencies plan intense DUI patrols around ASU in...
- 01:19 Nonprofit asking Clinton, Trump to stop campaigning on 9/11
- 01:16 Rescuers search for survivors in Italy quake that killed 247
- 01:04 Colombia, FARC rebels reach deal to end half-century war
- 00:53 At least 247 dead as strong earthquake rocks central Italy
- 00:53 Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 10 dead
- 00:53 Nebraska prison on lockdown after 9 staff members assaulted
- 00:43 The Latest: Aftershock jolts central Italy