New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle graduated from the University of Queensland. “Living on the east coast of Australia, we have seen extreme... read more
- 06:10 DDoS attackers exploited insecure IoT gadgets from Chinese company
- 05:55 'DWTS' recap: Henner hits dance floor a little too hard
- 05:50 Afghan official says militant attack kills 8 policemen
- 05:45 WikiLeaks email release shows Clinton campaign allegedly considered...
- 05:43 Little person, big health issue: Terra Jole dances with a hernia
- 05:41 The Latest: Dutch catch more migrants going to UK in 2016
- 05:41 Troubled Italian bank unveils overhaul plan to stay afloat
- 05:41 Saudi Arabia: 2 security officers shot, killed in its east
- 05:41 Russia: Humanitarian corridors in Syria's Aleppo still open
- 05:31 How to tell if you're in a relationship with a narcissist