New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle... read more
Most read news
- 03:22 Sunday TV: 'Humans,' 'True Detective'
- 03:11 More unrest erupts at private Arizona prison
- 02:15 Malaysian leader faces risk of criminal charge over funds
- 02:05 NASCAR drivers council: No new packages expected for Chase races
- 01:07 NASCAR in safety scramble to protect drivers from catastrophe
- 00:55 We've just expanded freedom, and talk radio goes hysterical
- 00:55 Walker's oil-tax credit delay breaks a deal and fails to save a dime
- 00:43 Great and gracious, Kilian Jornet conquers Mount Marathon in record...
- 00:30 Orlando City earns 1-1 draw with Real Salt Lake despite Kaká red card
- 00:03 But seriously ... Trump is a farce to be reckoned with