New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle graduated from the University of Queensland. “Living on the east coast of Australia, we have seen extreme... read more
- 10:40 FOX & FRIENDS: Gen. Flynn tells how Trump should handle Miss...
- 10:40 Ann Curry, Matt Lauer reportedly fighting for Brangelina interview
- 10:25 Writer: Reborn 'Wonder Woman' character is gay
- 10:18 Viral video shows man getting shocked trying to steal electrified...
- 10:08 'SYTYCD' host Cat Deeley's makeover falls flat
- 10:00 Mavericks’ Deron Williams hopes to have healthy season
- 09:55 Malta court rules Somali born on migrant boat can register
- 09:55 Dueling truths follow Indian raid in Pakistani Kashmir
- 09:49 Bulgarian lawmakers OK law banning women from wearing veils
- 09:27 Austrian police investigating terrorist suspect