New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle graduated from the University of Queensland. “Living on the east coast of Australia, we have seen extreme... read more
- 14:43 McKinney man gets 25 years without parole for sex assault of child...
- 14:43 Border agents help Mexican teen roll broken down Beetle full of...
- 14:42 Playlist: What's Maxwell listening to?
- 14:33 5 ways to slash your utility bills
- 14:30 UN reports new sex abuse allegations against peacekeepers
- 14:25 What will the Matthew McConaughey-taught film class at UT be like?...
- 14:23 Study: climate change warming Asian waters, altering monsoon
- 14:18 Tornado watch declared for parts of western Massachusetts
- 14:17 9 sun-protective foods
- 14:17 Girl, 8, born during mom's cancer battle pens letter after disease...