New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle... read more
Most read news
- 19:39 1 dead in Border Patrol shootout at Tohono O'odham
- 19:21 Police: Mesa manager gave herself raises, stole $200K
- 19:15 UNC brings revitalized offense into key game against Virginia
- 19:15 Slow starts, fouls were factors in a 3-5 Hornets preseason
- 18:56 Charlotte 49ers Gameday 10.25.14
- 18:53 Police: Phoenix man arrested in sexual attack
- 18:53 Phoenix attic fire displaces family
- 18:43 Police called to Charlotte Douglas International to meet US Airways...
- 18:33 Front Seven: Previewing the weekend's best college football games
- 18:30 NCCU and two other schools to test sliding scale of admissions...