New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy... read more
Most read news
- 07:12 CIT Group buying OneWest Bank in $3.4B deal
- 07:12 Tennessee restaurant owner welcomes gun owners
- 07:09 1 dead in overnight Charlotte wreck
- 07:07 England FA wants Garcia corruption file published
- 07:07 Library honors Billy Joel with US pop music prize
- 07:03 Body of missing fisherman found in St. Joseph River, officials say
- 07:01 DuPont 2Q profit climbs 3.9 percent
- 06:53 Today's traffic: Damp streets, fog
- 06:25 For Angels, there's no keeping up with Jones
- 06:14 Study: Michigan child poverty up, teen deaths down