Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia
Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia BOGOTA, Colombia Colombia's government has refused to register as a trademark the full name of Pablo Escobar, the country's most notorious criminal.
The cocaine kingpin's widow and two children, who live in Argentina, had appealed an earlier rejection.
The Commission of Industry and Commerce said Thursday that granting a trademark would be immoral and subvert public order. It said the name Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria is associated with a dark period... read more
Most read news
- 04:30 Storm leaves water in historic Springfield home
- 04:17 Intelligence nightmare: Extremists returning home
- 04:15 Palmer opens with a 63 to lead Deutsche Bank
- 04:05 Los Angeles Country Club planning to hold U.S. Open in 2023
- 04:05 Indians stop Royals, 6-1
- 03:49 Shift works but Dodgers lose 3-2 to Padres
- 03:44 Tax forms could pose challenge for HealthCare.gov
- 03:40 Guest lineups for the Sunday news shows
- 03:18 Batterson removed from office
- 03:17 Man charged with federal office bomb threat