Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia
BOGOTA, Colombia Colombia's government has refused to register as a trademark the full name of Pablo Escobar, the country's most notorious criminal.
The cocaine kingpin's widow and two children, who live in Argentina, had appealed an earlier rejection.
The Commission of Industry and Commerce said Thursday that granting a trademark would be immoral and subvert public order. It said the name Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria is associated with a dark period of violence in Colombia that claimed... read more
Most read news
- 18:05 Planes, trains and buses wary of Erika
- 18:05 All invited to participate in Orlando Shakes 'Spamalot' video
- 17:57 Don't forget pets in storm planning: Editorial
- 17:57 Police Taser drones authorized in North Dakota
- 17:57 Oil prices surge another 6% to over $45 a barrel
- 17:51 Lake Mary fuel company files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- 17:45 Lake Mary fuel company files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- 17:39 School starts too early
- 17:29 Can Bush and Kasich win over Republicans while supporting Common Core?
- 17:22 Company aims to ship fresh water from Alaska to drought-plagued...