Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia
BOGOTA, Colombia Colombia's government has refused to register as a trademark the full name of Pablo Escobar, the country's most notorious criminal.
The cocaine kingpin's widow and two children, who live in Argentina, had appealed an earlier rejection.
The Commission of Industry and Commerce said Thursday that granting a trademark would be immoral and subvert public order. It said the name Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria is associated with a dark period of violence in Colombia that claimed... read more
Most read news
- 08:12 How to deck the halls safely this holiday season
- 08:12 Cuban-Americans deeply divided over opening to Cuba
- 08:06 UK, Canadian military leaves to join Ebola fight
- 08:01 Kidnapped Mozambican businessman released
- 08:00 New Medicare Advantage rules benefit seniors
- 08:00 San Francisco deputy charged with assault, perjury
- 08:00 Christmas traditions explained: Mistletoe
- 06:55 Weekend picks for book lovers
- 06:53 Robbers strike at Berlin's famed KaDeWe store
- 06:53 Australian woman arrested in deaths of 8 children