Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia
BOGOTA, Colombia Colombia's government has refused to register as a trademark the full name of Pablo Escobar, the country's most notorious criminal.
The cocaine kingpin's widow and two children, who live in Argentina, had appealed an earlier rejection.
The Commission of Industry and Commerce said Thursday that granting a trademark would be immoral and subvert public order. It said the name Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria is associated with a dark period of violence in Colombia that claimed... read more
Most read news
- 15:41 Review: 'Ex-Girlfriend' is crazy musical fun
- 15:36 Austin's Baker Mayfield leads Oklahoma against team that didn't...
- 15:30 CBS cancels summer drama 'Extant' after two seasons
- 15:20 Rock stars, weddings, fantasy: A good week for romances
- 14:42 North Korea readies massive anniversary celebration
- 14:32 Police: Homeless man brings skull to parking lot
- 14:02 Justin Bieber reveals 'Purpose' album art
- 13:53 Jurgen Klinsmann facing major pressure in CONCACAF Cup vs. Mexico
- 13:30 Morrison's 'Klaus' focuses on superhero Santa
- 13:10 The new season of "smart"