Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia
BOGOTA, Colombia Colombia's government has refused to register as a trademark the full name of Pablo Escobar, the country's most notorious criminal.
The cocaine kingpin's widow and two children, who live in Argentina, had appealed an earlier rejection.
The Commission of Industry and Commerce said Thursday that granting a trademark would be immoral and subvert public order. It said the name Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria is associated with a dark period of violence in Colombia that claimed... read more
Most read news
- 00:24 Barring injury, Mavericks' starting lineup is set for season opener...
- 00:24 Grizzlies coach calls Mavericks a top three team in the Western...
- 00:22 Former aide pleads guilty to embezzling from Dewhurst campaigns
- 00:20 Watch: Canucks player takes out own goalie, allows Tyler Seguin to...
- 00:14 Peoria crash injures 4
- 00:14 Feds dispute District 105 complaint’s merits, existence
- 00:06 Laura Bush slips comfortably back into classroom role in Mesquite
- 00:00 New filing from U.S. Senate candidate Sullivan includes Koch...
- 23:59 Barring injury, Mavericks' starting lineup is set for season opener
- 23:55 Highland Park ISD looks at church land for new elementary