Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia
Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia BOGOTA, Colombia Colombia's government has refused to register as a trademark the full name of Pablo Escobar, the country's most notorious criminal.
The cocaine kingpin's widow and two children, who live in Argentina, had appealed an earlier rejection.
The Commission of Industry and Commerce said Thursday that granting a trademark would be immoral and subvert public order. It said the name Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria is associated with a dark period... read more
Most read news
- 14:07 A look at deeds and words of John Paul II
- 13:50 Rowan teen arrested again; pregnant girlfriend also charged
- 13:42 Educator, civic activist Shirley Merlin West dies at 84
- 13:35 Poverty report: Oakland County sees 77% increase
- 13:35 Judge reduces bond for Mt. Clemens dad accused of child abuse
- 13:14 Arrests, incidents reports for April 23, 2014
- 12:36 Madonna University president announces retirement
- 10:59 Aetna's quarterly profit up 36%, forecast climbs for 2014
- 10:48 Raytheon falls most since 2012 as Q1 sales decline
- 09:43 Midland police say knife-wielding Carrollton woman flew into rage...