Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia
BOGOTA, Colombia Colombia's government has refused to register as a trademark the full name of Pablo Escobar, the country's most notorious criminal.
The cocaine kingpin's widow and two children, who live in Argentina, had appealed an earlier rejection.
The Commission of Industry and Commerce said Thursday that granting a trademark would be immoral and subvert public order. It said the name Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria is associated with a dark period of violence in Colombia that claimed... read more
Most read news
- 14:02 Suspect in Mo. killings simply walked into victims' houses
- 13:26 College's new policy comes out against homosexuality
- 13:26 Taco Bell's newest test: Cap'n Crunch donut holes
- 12:50 DiCaprio to play a man with 24 personalities
- 12:18 Young adults: More credit card debt than savings
- 12:12 Harry & Hermione, ScarJo's 'Candy' and more
- 11:31 Inglewood mayor blasts terrorist risk report of NFL stadium
- 11:30 Report: Thief returns Lupita's Oscar dress
- 10:34 Weekend listening - future of wearables, free Internet, mobile pay
- 10:01 Who was outspoken Putin critic Boris Nemtsov?