Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia
Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia BOGOTA, Colombia Colombia's government has refused to register as a trademark the full name of Pablo Escobar, the country's most notorious criminal.
The cocaine kingpin's widow and two children, who live in Argentina, had appealed an earlier rejection.
The Commission of Industry and Commerce said Thursday that granting a trademark would be immoral and subvert public order. It said the name Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria is associated with a dark period... read more
Most read news
- 08:11 Records show criminal cases for 2 board candidates
- 08:02 American Airlines soars to second quarter profit
- 07:59 Photographer Peter Beard sued by model-muse
- 07:54 GM profit 2Q falls 85 pct. on recall costs
- 07:37 Judge denies request to halt oil drilling work
- 07:36 Fla. man accused of scamming Apple out of $309,768
- 07:36 River course could see 20,000 rafters in 2nd year
- 07:35 UK: Former reporter sentenced for phone hacking
- 07:24 Tractor parts taken, Stanly man charged
- 07:06 3-alarm fire destroys north Charlotte auto body shop