Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia
BOGOTA, Colombia Colombia's government has refused to register as a trademark the full name of Pablo Escobar, the country's most notorious criminal.
The cocaine kingpin's widow and two children, who live in Argentina, had appealed an earlier rejection.
The Commission of Industry and Commerce said Thursday that granting a trademark would be immoral and subvert public order. It said the name Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria is associated with a dark period of violence in Colombia that claimed... read more
Most read news
- 08:47 Mediterranean migrant deaths 30 times higher than 2014
- 08:47 Gannett Q1 earnings rise 4% due to digital unit revenue gain
- 08:39 Ouch! Don't take the Kylie Jenner challenge
- 08:24 Verizon meets expectations with wireless, Net subscriber additions
- 08:24 Mom and dad are Millennials' go-to bank
- 08:04 Avian flu crisis grows for poultry producers throughout USA
- 07:54 Wall Street bets on oil price rally
- 07:35 Miley Cyrus' long armpit hair raises eyebrows
- 07:32 Warriors survive test they needed as Pelicans squander golden...
- 07:28 Rumer Willis deemed too 'raunchy' on 'Dancing'