Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia
BOGOTA, Colombia Colombia's government has refused to register as a trademark the full name of Pablo Escobar, the country's most notorious criminal.
The cocaine kingpin's widow and two children, who live in Argentina, had appealed an earlier rejection.
The Commission of Industry and Commerce said Thursday that granting a trademark would be immoral and subvert public order. It said the name Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria is associated with a dark period of violence in Colombia that claimed... read more
Most read news
- 07:24 Young people, please: Go to the doctor before your body falls apart
- 07:24 Will the Snapchat generation turn out to vote for president in 2016?
- 06:41 When should a widow start taking Social Security payments?
- 06:30 3 die in fiery crash near Super Bowl site
- 06:30 Violence against blacks recalls civil-rights era
- 06:23 Europe's migrant crisis has a starring role at the Berlin film...
- 06:23 Books: New and noteworthy
- 04:00 TV tonight: Super Bowl, Puppy Bowl, late shows
- 03:04 Chugiak storms past Dimond in CIC hockey championship
- 03:04 Aces fall to Idaho 5-2 in final game of series