Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia
BOGOTA, Colombia Colombia's government has refused to register as a trademark the full name of Pablo Escobar, the country's most notorious criminal.
The cocaine kingpin's widow and two children, who live in Argentina, had appealed an earlier rejection.
The Commission of Industry and Commerce said Thursday that granting a trademark would be immoral and subvert public order. It said the name Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria is associated with a dark period of violence in Colombia that claimed... read more
Most read news
- 09:46 Winthrop police: Sex assault suspect in custody
- 09:01 U.Va. kidnap suspect due in court on '05 charges
- 09:01 Hurry! NASA will send your name to Mars
- 09:01 Mother's lurid trial not getting same attention as Arias
- 08:57 Garland police officer dedicated to helping homeless
- 08:57 For Coppell resident, figure skating is childhood love turned...
- 08:57 Wylie considers expanding downtown historic district
- 08:41 Switzerland: IS suspects arrested over attack plan
- 08:15 Syria's Alawites pay heavy price as they bury sons
- 07:06 Dog About Town: Stepping out on Halloween and more things to do...