Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia
BOGOTA, Colombia Colombia's government has refused to register as a trademark the full name of Pablo Escobar, the country's most notorious criminal.
The cocaine kingpin's widow and two children, who live in Argentina, had appealed an earlier rejection.
The Commission of Industry and Commerce said Thursday that granting a trademark would be immoral and subvert public order. It said the name Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria is associated with a dark period of violence in Colombia that claimed... read more
Most read news
- 09:57 5 most uplifting stories of the week
- 09:48 OnePlus co-founder talks OnePlus 2, business model, third new phone
- 09:45 The answer is always 'yes' for those who serve the wealthy
- 09:37 Voices: An unthinkable -- and welcome -- week off the grid
- 09:09 Florida parks' revenue all about 'location, location, location'
- 08:55 Saving for college? Do homework on 529 plans
- 08:46 Zimbabwe confirms lion named Jericho, companion of Cecil, has not...
- 08:39 Jon Stewart: Thanks for the memories
- 08:29 Orlando theme parks report ride injuries
- 08:15 3 stocks that are fool's gold