Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia
Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia BOGOTA, Colombia Colombia's government has refused to register as a trademark the full name of Pablo Escobar, the country's most notorious criminal.
The cocaine kingpin's widow and two children, who live in Argentina, had appealed an earlier rejection.
The Commission of Industry and Commerce said Thursday that granting a trademark would be immoral and subvert public order. It said the name Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria is associated with a dark period... read more
Most read news
- 11:14 All I want for Christmas...
- 11:14 Gators and Bulldogs collide in Orange Bowl Classic
- 11:07 Mackay won't quit Cardiff despite owner's demand
- 11:06 Fresno State (6-5) vs. (16) Florida (8-2)
- 10:50 Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- 10:48 San Francisco transit, union leaders reach deal
- 10:48 Columbus to review sign laws
- 10:46 Les Bowen: Eagles and Bears will know where they stand
- 10:45 Obama and first family kick off two-week Hawaiian vacation after...
- 10:40 U.S. holiday travelers brace for winter storm