Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia
BOGOTA, Colombia Colombia's government has refused to register as a trademark the full name of Pablo Escobar, the country's most notorious criminal.
The cocaine kingpin's widow and two children, who live in Argentina, had appealed an earlier rejection.
The Commission of Industry and Commerce said Thursday that granting a trademark would be immoral and subvert public order. It said the name Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria is associated with a dark period of violence in Colombia that claimed... read more
Most read news
- 23:30 Richardson park expansion to protect historical site, hardwood forest
- 23:27 Notebook: Three Horned Frogs uncertain for trip to West Virginia;...
- 23:20 Paul Jenkins: Begich's defense of Anchorage legacy falls short
- 23:20 It's complicated: Marijuana law enforcement numbers in Anchorage
- 23:20 Don Young has earned retirement, now
- 23:08 Jahlil Okafor introduces himself to Duke, college basketball
- 22:59 Prep Results 10.25.14
- 22:31 Arizona gas prices expected to drop even more
- 22:20 Fraley: If Rangers seek to trade for starting pitching, here's the...
- 22:08 George: Run game helps, but here's why Cowboys' improvement on D is...