Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia
Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia BOGOTA, Colombia Colombia's government has refused to register as a trademark the full name of Pablo Escobar, the country's most notorious criminal.
The cocaine kingpin's widow and two children, who live in Argentina, had appealed an earlier rejection.
The Commission of Industry and Commerce said Thursday that granting a trademark would be immoral and subvert public order. It said the name Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria is associated with a dark period... read more
Most read news
- 14:36 Former players look back at Lions owner William Clay Ford's legacy
- 14:36 Crawford lifts Northwestern over Purdue 74-65
- 14:36 Gillis' 22 leads Coastal to Big South title
- 14:36 Park wins 1st of year in duel over Pettersen
- 14:35 Rep. Pittenger: President Obama is still 'Enemy Number One'
- 14:33 Man snaps picture of kissing snapping turtle — gets bit on lip
- 14:27 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones looked ‘very happy’ holding...
- 14:26 Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- 14:25 Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- 14:20 Residents want ‘humility,’ ‘accountability’ in next school...