Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia
BOGOTA, Colombia Colombia's government has refused to register as a trademark the full name of Pablo Escobar, the country's most notorious criminal.
The cocaine kingpin's widow and two children, who live in Argentina, had appealed an earlier rejection.
The Commission of Industry and Commerce said Thursday that granting a trademark would be immoral and subvert public order. It said the name Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria is associated with a dark period of violence in Colombia that claimed... read more
Most read news
- 00:01 Flames engulf oil platform in Gulf, 4 workers dead
- 00:01 Russian trawler with 132 crew sinks, at least 43 dead
- 23:49 Message to refugees, immigrants: You're welcome in Alaska
- 23:22 Senate committee wants to kill cost-of-living hikes for state...
- 23:12 Heartache and beauty: Patty Griffin brings a keen and lucid...
- 23:12 Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds got the funk -- and the brass
- 22:37 Climate change poses an opportunity to improve Alaska's political...
- 22:25 Walker says Chenault gas line bill will weaken his negotiating...
- 21:59 Um, what? Burger King cologne a Japan hit
- 19:27 Porsche Boxster Spyder speedster; it's all that