Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia
BOGOTA, Colombia Colombia's government has refused to register as a trademark the full name of Pablo Escobar, the country's most notorious criminal.
The cocaine kingpin's widow and two children, who live in Argentina, had appealed an earlier rejection.
The Commission of Industry and Commerce said Thursday that granting a trademark would be immoral and subvert public order. It said the name Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria is associated with a dark period of violence in Colombia that claimed... read more
Most read news
- 09:16 Tech Five: GoPro jumps off new camera details
- 09:15 Man reportedly dies of venomous snake bite
- 08:38 Six insanely cheap destinations for summer 2015
- 08:38 Margarita madness: Vegas outpost serves up the original version
- 08:22 Hundreds mourn homecoming queen killed in flood
- 08:20 Soccer fans not surprised: FIFA scandal is 'business as usual'
- 08:19 Ex-trooper disputes Duggar's account of molestation case
- 08:14 Walter Byers, the first executive director of the NCAA, dies at 93
- 07:27 Trumka: Disappointment with Obama, a warning for Hillary
- 07:22 Most bridges damaged in flooding are not Texas owned