Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia
BOGOTA, Colombia Colombia's government has refused to register as a trademark the full name of Pablo Escobar, the country's most notorious criminal.
The cocaine kingpin's widow and two children, who live in Argentina, had appealed an earlier rejection.
The Commission of Industry and Commerce said Thursday that granting a trademark would be immoral and subvert public order. It said the name Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria is associated with a dark period of violence in Colombia that claimed... read more
Most read news
- 01:00 Interim N.Y. Assembly speaker trying to defy history
- 00:49 Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt: Working in 'Africa'?
- 00:49 Ex-nanny sues Mariah, Nick over pay, work conditions
- 00:36 Scientists explore mystery of faraway star's rings
- 00:20 Alaska legislators ponder pushback after White House move on ANWR
- 23:44 Charlotte Hornets - San Antonio Spurs Observations 01.28.15
- 23:37 'Sniper' studio condemns anti-Muslim rhetoric
- 23:37 Meet the size-22 model who just signed with a major agency
- 23:18 Dubai jumps Heathrow as 'world's busiest international airport'
- 22:27 Charlotte robbery suspect arrested after crashing vehicle at I-77 exit