Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia
Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia BOGOTA, Colombia Colombia's government has refused to register as a trademark the full name of Pablo Escobar, the country's most notorious criminal.
The cocaine kingpin's widow and two children, who live in Argentina, had appealed an earlier rejection.
The Commission of Industry and Commerce said Thursday that granting a trademark would be immoral and subvert public order. It said the name Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria is associated with a dark period... read more
Most read news
- 21:03 Miami Heat taking Charlotte Bobcats seriously
- 21:01 Fraley: Rangers continue to test depth with longest disabled list...
- 21:01 Twins left frozen in loss to Royals
- 20:49 Carolina Panthers: 2014 NFL draft questions, answers
- 20:44 In merged Charlotte church, ‘every Sunday is like Easter'
- 20:40 2012-13 finals loss left Spurs sad and mad about what they could've...
- 20:37 Dirk Nowitzki & Tim Duncan: NBA legends feature radically different...
- 20:11 SMU journalism program is in fashion
- 18:56 Small plane crashes in Michigan field, killing 2
- 18:53 5 Democrats fight for 3 at-large county commission seats in primary