Pablo Escobar trademark denied by Colombia
BOGOTA, Colombia Colombia's government has refused to register as a trademark the full name of Pablo Escobar, the country's most notorious criminal.
The cocaine kingpin's widow and two children, who live in Argentina, had appealed an earlier rejection.
The Commission of Industry and Commerce said Thursday that granting a trademark would be immoral and subvert public order. It said the name Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria is associated with a dark period of violence in Colombia that claimed... read more
Most read news
- 00:03 Don’t let your name determine financial actions
- 23:52 Alaska dogs get taste of dryland racing
- 23:50 College debt leaves Generation X grads less wealthy than parents
- 23:50 Deener: Ham-fisted investors, take heed
- 23:50 What to watch for this open enrollment season
- 23:50 Dave Ramsey: Say no to time shares
- 23:50 New prototype of virtual reality headset unveiled
- 23:50 Children’s Medical Center rebrands itself Children’s Health System...
- 23:45 How Cowboys pulled off special, Romoesque and wild comeback
- 23:19 Phoenix's anti-bike theft programs partners police, downtown group