Philippine troops kill 3 militants, rescue trader
MANILA, Philippines-Dozens of army troops killed three Abu Sayyaf militants and rescued a kidnap victim Monday in a clash in the southern Philippines, officials said.
The rescued businesswoman, Luisa Galvez, an army soldier and at least seven militants were wounded in the gunbattle that raged in a hinterland village near Sumisip town on Basilan island, regional military spokesman Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang said.
Three platoons of army scout rangers were searching for gunmen reported by... read more
Most read news
- 19:40 Winthrop spends $32K in legal fight with former president
- 19:34 And now a few words from our local ‘Man in Havana'
- 19:12 Emails show NC faced long odds vying with SC for big companies
- 18:54 Bell Tolls: Jay Cutler and The Quarterback Risk
- 18:52 Cam Newton, Johnny Manziel share inescapable hype
- 18:34 College Basketball: Winthrop, South Carolina, Appalachian State in...
- 18:18 Davidson rolls past College of Charleston 80-68 for 7th straight win
- 17:52 Tar Heels get the message after a long week when Ol' Roy turned mean
- 17:49 South Carolina wins Shrine Bowl 21-12
- 16:49 FBI investigates suspicious death of North Carolina teen Lennon Lacy