Philippine troops kill 3 militants, rescue trader
MANILA, Philippines-Dozens of army troops killed three Abu Sayyaf militants and rescued a kidnap victim Monday in a clash in the southern Philippines, officials said.
The rescued businesswoman, Luisa Galvez, an army soldier and at least seven militants were wounded in the gunbattle that raged in a hinterland village near Sumisip town on Basilan island, regional military spokesman Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang said.
Three platoons of army scout rangers were searching for gunmen reported by villagers when they stumbled on an undetermined number of Abu Sayyaf militants, setting off a clash that... read more
- 20:50 Alabama men fatally poisoned by carbon monoxide gas
- 20:18 Arizona commemorates 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor attack in...
- 19:36 Cuban entrepreneurs urge President-elect Trump to maintain...
- 19:23 Bella Hadid poses in NSFW Paper Magazine shoot
- 18:54 Readers' picks: Worst West Valley eyesores
- 18:52 FBI seeks public's help to catch 'Packing Pigeon Bandit' in Glendale
- 18:52 Downtown Southwest Valley: 10 don't-miss spots
- 18:52 Ultimate Arizona bucket list: 10 things to do in the Southwest Valley
- 18:37 DPS seeks help to ID body of man found on I-40
- 18:32 Downtown Gilbert: 10 don't-miss spots