Philippine troops kill 3 militants, rescue trader
MANILA, Philippines-Dozens of army troops killed three Abu Sayyaf militants and rescued a kidnap victim Monday in a clash in the southern Philippines, officials said.
The rescued businesswoman, Luisa Galvez, an army soldier and at least seven militants were wounded in the gunbattle that raged in a hinterland village near Sumisip town on Basilan island, regional military spokesman Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang said.
Three platoons of army scout rangers were searching for gunmen reported by... read more
Most read news
- 18:14 College football: Saturday morning national blitz 11.1.14
- 18:14 Seniors turn Halloween into a gathering of fun
- 17:58 Critical time has come for Carolina and Miami
- 17:56 Blue Devils looking for breathing room in ACC
- 17:54 Little things keeping UNC, NC State from big things
- 17:47 Chad LaRose scores Charlotte Checkers' only goal in loss
- 17:35 Same-sex ruling shakes up Charlotte churches
- 17:30 The week in Reviewed: Plasma TV is (un)dead
- 16:59 Remains of Rutherford County soldier missing in Korean War coming...
- 16:29 Rogers, Smith in run for House