Philippine troops kill 3 militants, rescue trader
MANILA, Philippines-Dozens of army troops killed three Abu Sayyaf militants and rescued a kidnap victim Monday in a clash in the southern Philippines, officials said.
The rescued businesswoman, Luisa Galvez, an army soldier and at least seven militants were wounded in the gunbattle that raged in a hinterland village near Sumisip town on Basilan island, regional military spokesman Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang said.
Three platoons of army scout rangers were searching for gunmen reported by... read more
Most read news
- 07:27 Voices: Empty words about birthright citizenship
- 06:50 Plan ahead now for snagging the best Labor Day sales
- 06:31 Books: New and noteworthy
- 05:43 Germany, France, Britain press for EU action on migrants
- 05:31 Police look for motive in killing of Houston area deputy
- 05:25 Mountain bikers Ross, Chelf ride to Trifecta titles
- 05:25 Golden Bears ride Falaniko's 5 TDs to 56-28 football win over East
- 03:07 Sunday TV: Video Music Awards, 'Falling Skies'
- 03:07 TV tonight: 'Big Blue Live,' 'Awkward,' 'Whispers'
- 03:06 Chugiak's offense is its best defense late in 27-12 win over South