Philippine troops kill 3 militants, rescue trader
MANILA, Philippines-Dozens of army troops killed three Abu Sayyaf militants and rescued a kidnap victim Monday in a clash in the southern Philippines, officials said.
The rescued businesswoman, Luisa Galvez, an army soldier and at least seven militants were wounded in the gunbattle that raged in a hinterland village near Sumisip town on Basilan island, regional military spokesman Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang said.
Three platoons of army scout rangers were searching for gunmen reported by... read more
Most read news
- 15:22 Matchup problems when UMass travels to Penn State
- 15:22 Sounding Off: Richardson-Lake Highlands area readers tell us if...
- 15:22 Sounding Off: East Dallas readers tell us whether improvements are...
- 15:22 Unemployment rate rises a tick in New Jersey
- 14:36 Live video: Ron Washington breaks silence about his resignation as...
- 14:26 Rape report that roiled App State was a hoax, police say
- 13:50 1821 hurricane trumps Sandy, would have cost $100B
- 13:47 Fla. Gov. appoints legislator as utility regulator
- 13:35 Meet the Higley school board candidates
- 13:35 Gilbert, Higley school board candidates face off