Philippine troops kill 3 militants, rescue trader
MANILA, Philippines-Dozens of army troops killed three Abu Sayyaf militants and rescued a kidnap victim Monday in a clash in the southern Philippines, officials said.
The rescued businesswoman, Luisa Galvez, an army soldier and at least seven militants were wounded in the gunbattle that raged in a hinterland village near Sumisip town on Basilan island, regional military spokesman Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang said.
Three platoons of army scout rangers were searching for gunmen reported by... read more
Most read news
- 16:53 This rabbi wants to reinvent the intercom
- 16:39 JPMorgan kicks off bank earnings with a miss
- 16:38 Intel down on income, flat on revenue
- 16:30 Journalists get star treatment in 'Truth,' 'Spotlight'
- 16:08 Mets fan critically injured after fight at Dodger Stadium
- 16:07 Jack Black goes dark in 'Goosebumps'
- 16:07 State banquet means it's tiara time for Duchess Kate
- 15:58 Dr. Death's assisted-suicide papers donated to university
- 15:49 Denzel Washington is checking into 'Grey's'
- 15:47 Supreme Court reluctant to rule on juvenile murderers' life sentences