Philippine troops kill 3 militants, rescue trader
MANILA, Philippines-Dozens of army troops killed three Abu Sayyaf militants and rescued a kidnap victim Monday in a clash in the southern Philippines, officials said.
The rescued businesswoman, Luisa Galvez, an army soldier and at least seven militants were wounded in the gunbattle that raged in a hinterland village near Sumisip town on Basilan island, regional military spokesman Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang said.
Three platoons of army scout rangers were searching for gunmen reported by villagers when they stumbled on an undetermined number of Abu Sayyaf militants, setting off a clash that... read more
- 04:21 One year after historic ruling, gay marriage win propels liberal...
- 04:02 Could Warriors make use of 7-foot-6 Mamadou Ndiaye?
- 04:02 Branden Grace cites Zika in pulling out of Olympics
- 04:02 Globetrotters 'draft' Neymar, Missy Franklin, Kevin Hart
- 04:02 IndyCar's Newgarden cleared to return at Road America
- 04:01 British brace for economic repercussions of EU exit decision
- 03:58 Experts: Markets to be volatile after Brexit bloodbath
- 03:58 Brookline ranch offers big bang for buck
- 03:58 UK slump could pound Mass. exports
- 03:58 Audi TT Coupe a driver’s Delight