Philippine troops kill 3 militants, rescue trader
MANILA, Philippines-Dozens of army troops killed three Abu Sayyaf militants and rescued a kidnap victim Monday in a clash in the southern Philippines, officials said.
The rescued businesswoman, Luisa Galvez, an army soldier and at least seven militants were wounded in the gunbattle that raged in a hinterland village near Sumisip town on Basilan island, regional military spokesman Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang said.
Three platoons of army scout rangers were searching for gunmen reported by... read more
Most read news
- 11:06 American Express president, 55, dies after falling ill on flight
- 10:58 Facing long odds, O'Malley enters race for president
- 10:49 Open carry handguns will soon be legal in Texas
- 10:48 Jury convicts 'Saved by the Bell's' Dustin Diamond of misdemeanors...
- 10:44 Beauty queen fights racial bias in Japan
- 10:44 Italy: 4,200 more migrants saved off Libya's coasts, 17 die
- 09:59 Hawaii man impaled, killed by fish
- 09:59 5 most incredible discoveries of the week
- 09:42 Lake Wales man, 4-year-old son killed in crash
- 09:19 Weather: Sunny skies, but beware of rip currents