Philippine troops kill 3 militants, rescue trader
MANILA, Philippines-Dozens of army troops killed three Abu Sayyaf militants and rescued a kidnap victim Monday in a clash in the southern Philippines, officials said.
The rescued businesswoman, Luisa Galvez, an army soldier and at least seven militants were wounded in the gunbattle that raged in a hinterland village near Sumisip town on Basilan island, regional military spokesman Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang said.
Three platoons of army scout rangers were searching for gunmen reported by... read more
Most read news
- 18:43 First shopper sets up camp at Nashville Best Buy
- 18:15 Anchorage kitchens share Thanksgiving with everyone at free meals
- 18:03 Holiday specials: Six NHL players who could be traded this winter
- 17:57 Adele's 25 paying off for Pandora and others
- 17:53 Black Friday madness will be missing in rural Alaska communities
- 17:29 Obama signs defense bill - protests Gitmo restrictions
- 17:18 The Mothership: Pop culture we're thankful for
- 16:59 Facebook fix to 'real names' policy is crucial for young Native...
- 16:58 Man who stole brain tissue sentenced to 4 years
- 16:58 Why DUIs could spike tonight: It's Drunksgiving