Philippine troops kill 3 militants, rescue trader
MANILA, Philippines-Dozens of army troops killed three Abu Sayyaf militants and rescued a kidnap victim Monday in a clash in the southern Philippines, officials said.
The rescued businesswoman, Luisa Galvez, an army soldier and at least seven militants were wounded in the gunbattle that raged in a hinterland village near Sumisip town on Basilan island, regional military spokesman Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang said.
Three platoons of army scout rangers were searching for gunmen reported by... read more
Most read news
- 10:12 Beer Man: Three Pepper kicks hard cider up a notch
- 10:01 An Oklahoma City legacy: Closing Pennsylvania Avenue
- 09:01 Obama hosts a sports week at the White House
- 08:16 Best memory advice? Exercise, stimulating hobbies
- 08:12 Five oil stocks poised for a turnaround
- 08:12 Hot-looking VW C Coupe aimed at China, not U.S.
- 08:04 ISIL video purports to show killing of Ethiopian Christians
- 07:42 Oil prices challenge Cheniere's LNG export plan
- 07:29 Most uplifting stories of the week
- 07:21 Entertainment: Late-night science, Jenner talks