Philippine troops kill 3 militants, rescue trader
MANILA, Philippines-Dozens of army troops killed three Abu Sayyaf militants and rescued a kidnap victim Monday in a clash in the southern Philippines, officials said.
The rescued businesswoman, Luisa Galvez, an army soldier and at least seven militants were wounded in the gunbattle that raged in a hinterland village near Sumisip town on Basilan island, regional military spokesman Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang said.
Three platoons of army scout rangers were searching for gunmen reported by... read more
Most read news
- 22:32 Coming home Renovation will return youth team to Hobson City field
- 22:25 Sherrington: Which teams will make College Football Playoff? Your...
- 22:20 Voters should know the judges they'll be voting on
- 22:03 U.S. misinformed Congress, public on immigrant release
- 22:01 Accidents on State Route 51 back up evening traffic
- 21:45 Man extradited from Kansas in decades-old sexual abuse cases
- 21:39 Folt, administrators meet with faculty, staff and students
- 20:40 Stewart-Haas Racing teams swap crews, crew chiefs
- 20:22 Buckeye teen accused of sexually abusing child for 5 years
- 20:03 NC officials say state's Ebola preparations continue to evolve