Philippine troops kill 3 militants, rescue trader
MANILA, Philippines-Dozens of army troops killed three Abu Sayyaf militants and rescued a kidnap victim Monday in a clash in the southern Philippines, officials said.
The rescued businesswoman, Luisa Galvez, an army soldier and at least seven militants were wounded in the gunbattle that raged in a hinterland village near Sumisip town on Basilan island, regional military spokesman Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang said.
Three platoons of army scout rangers were searching for gunmen reported by villagers when they stumbled on an undetermined number of Abu Sayyaf militants, setting off a clash that... read more
- 21:15 Detective: Midfield man denied killing uncle; admitted taking bingo...
- 21:02 Virginia Tech Police investigating threatening emails
- 20:57 Singer Juan Gabriel 'never forgot Juarez; we'll remember him always'
- 20:54 Southwest Airlines says deal in place with pilots, ending 4 years...
- 20:54 Words to live by: Baylor Scott and White to text poor, chronically...
- 20:50 9 firearms stolen from vehicles during multiple car burglaries in...
- 20:30 Discovery of skull in septic tank leads to breakthrough in Pinal...
- 20:21 UN document says Morocco violated Western Sahara cease-fire
- 19:46 FAA forecast: 600,000 commercial drones within the year
- 19:11 Man, 61, dead after skydiving accident near Maricopa