Philippine troops kill 3 militants, rescue trader
MANILA, Philippines-Dozens of army troops killed three Abu Sayyaf militants and rescued a kidnap victim Monday in a clash in the southern Philippines, officials said.
The rescued businesswoman, Luisa Galvez, an army soldier and at least seven militants were wounded in the gunbattle that raged in a hinterland village near Sumisip town on Basilan island, regional military spokesman Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang said.
Three platoons of army scout rangers were searching for gunmen reported by... read more
Most read news
- 04:22 Powell scores 4 goals in Phoenix's upset win over Wanderers
- 04:03 LaVine exits All-Star stage for Kobe and the NBA's best
- 03:39 Facts about human impact on climate could help bridge political...
- 03:21 Sore foot foils Chugiak's Cherry in Olympic Trials marathon
- 02:55 Hawaii stays atop Big West, beats Cal State Fullerton 76-59
- 02:44 Could Gonzaga, Wichita State both miss the NCAAs? Yes.
- 02:26 Pope in Mexico: Emotion, thrills, stumbles
- 02:04 No. 16 SMU snaps Gonzaga's 6-game streak with 69-60 win
- 01:39 300-pound woman climbed Kilimanjaro — twice
- 01:07 Tyler Seguin scores twice in 2nd period, Stars edge Capitals