Philippine troops kill 3 militants, rescue trader
MANILA, Philippines-Dozens of army troops killed three Abu Sayyaf militants and rescued a kidnap victim Monday in a clash in the southern Philippines, officials said.
The rescued businesswoman, Luisa Galvez, an army soldier and at least seven militants were wounded in the gunbattle that raged in a hinterland village near Sumisip town on Basilan island, regional military spokesman Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang said.
Three platoons of army scout rangers were searching for gunmen reported by... read more
Most read news
- 18:37 Here's what Betty White thinks of Cecil the lion's killing
- 18:32 Fire chief: More training planned after dispatcher hung up
- 18:25 Study: Detroit's home market healthier than Seattle's
- 18:21 GOP lawmaker: Subpoena Florida Supreme Court justices in...
- 18:14 Entrepreneurship training program kicks off in Orlando
- 18:13 Sen. Coghill: Walker must explain why unilateral Medicaid expansion...
- 17:57 Army faces recruit deficit, may miss '15 goal
- 17:37 'Dinosaurs Around the World' coming to South Florida Science Center
- 17:37 Selling A&P grocery stores may create jobs, union hopes
- 17:15 Veterans Affairs whistle-blowers blast new agency watchdog