Philippine troops kill 3 militants, rescue trader
MANILA, Philippines-Dozens of army troops killed three Abu Sayyaf militants and rescued a kidnap victim Monday in a clash in the southern Philippines, officials said.
The rescued businesswoman, Luisa Galvez, an army soldier and at least seven militants were wounded in the gunbattle that raged in a hinterland village near Sumisip town on Basilan island, regional military spokesman Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang said.
Three platoons of army scout rangers were searching for gunmen reported by... read more
Most read news
- 19:35 Duke denies Gonzaga in its Final Four bid
- 19:17 Wolff: Media's bad behavior divide
- 18:31 Ohio school district, police join to battle pot farm
- 18:16 See the first photo of Carrie Underwood's baby
- 17:19 Michigan State edges Louisville in OT for Final Four berth
- 16:57 Islamic State beheads 8, led to death by teens
- 16:25 Creating an income plan from your savings
- 16:18 Tony winning director Gene Saks dies at 93
- 14:54 FCC chairman: Net rules will withstand court challenge
- 14:45 Body recovered from NYC building explosion