Philippine troops kill 3 militants, rescue trader
MANILA, Philippines-Dozens of army troops killed three Abu Sayyaf militants and rescued a kidnap victim Monday in a clash in the southern Philippines, officials said.
The rescued businesswoman, Luisa Galvez, an army soldier and at least seven militants were wounded in the gunbattle that raged in a hinterland village near Sumisip town on Basilan island, regional military spokesman Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang said.
Three platoons of army scout rangers were searching for gunmen reported by... read more
Most read news
- 10:52 Lions say they will not place franchise tag on Ndamukong Suh
- 10:37 U.S. ambassador's tweet incenses president of Cyprus
- 10:34 New McDonald's CEO: What investors want to know
- 10:34 Some Dodge dealers cheating on Hellcat orders
- 10:34 Costco names Citi, Visa as credit card partners
- 10:17 Kim Kardashian: Yes, selfies are 'ridiculous'
- 09:49 Consumers tighten spending in January
- 09:42 Obama to visit his 48th state: South Carolina
- 09:39 Los Angeles Police Kill Man in Confrontation Caught on Video
- 09:22 'Downton Abbey' finale: A decent proposal