Philippine troops kill 3 militants, rescue trader
MANILA, Philippines-Dozens of army troops killed three Abu Sayyaf militants and rescued a kidnap victim Monday in a clash in the southern Philippines, officials said.
The rescued businesswoman, Luisa Galvez, an army soldier and at least seven militants were wounded in the gunbattle that raged in a hinterland village near Sumisip town on Basilan island, regional military spokesman Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang said.
Three platoons of army scout rangers were searching for gunmen reported by villagers when they stumbled on an undetermined number of Abu Sayyaf militants, setting off a clash that... read more
- 08:00 NYC woman dies while swimming in Massachusetts pond
- 08:00 Police: Teen shot, robbed on Springfield street
- 07:53 Person of interest sought for burglaries in Homewood, Jeffco
- 07:53 Alabamians buying Powerball tickets at Flora-Bama: State lottery...
- 07:51 EU calls Turkey's crackdown on media "worrying"
- 07:47 The 10 Benefits of Conflict
- 07:38 Weapons in the wrong hands: Gun store thefts up in Alabama, across...
- 07:36 Ford Motor stock drops on lower profit
- 07:28 What's Taking Boulder's Pot Industry to Great Heights
- 07:28 Entrepreneur Magazine's Best Cities for Entrepreneurs