Philippine troops kill 3 militants, rescue trader
MANILA, Philippines-Dozens of army troops killed three Abu Sayyaf militants and rescued a kidnap victim Monday in a clash in the southern Philippines, officials said.
The rescued businesswoman, Luisa Galvez, an army soldier and at least seven militants were wounded in the gunbattle that raged in a hinterland village near Sumisip town on Basilan island, regional military spokesman Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang said.
Three platoons of army scout rangers were searching for gunmen reported by... read more
Most read news
- 13:10 Alaska's legislature is session and it's a great time to visit Juneau
- 13:10 Jeff Lowenfels: Midwinter dreams of giant vegetables
- 13:01 EU antiterror chief calls for common laws against jihadis
- 12:56 End red wolf program, N.C. wildlife commission says
- 12:56 CMPD investigate assault of 2 American Airline attendants
- 12:47 Chevron cuts 2015 expansion budget by 13%
- 12:47 Economy grew 2.6% in the fourth quarter
- 12:47 City: No tax hike, but loss of business tax weighs on budget
- 12:35 Early spring or more winter? Phil will let us know
- 12:23 Arctic policy commission to submit report to Alaska Legislature