Philippine troops kill 3 militants, rescue trader
MANILA, Philippines-Dozens of army troops killed three Abu Sayyaf militants and rescued a kidnap victim Monday in a clash in the southern Philippines, officials said.
The rescued businesswoman, Luisa Galvez, an army soldier and at least seven militants were wounded in the gunbattle that raged in a hinterland village near Sumisip town on Basilan island, regional military spokesman Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang said.
Three platoons of army scout rangers were searching for gunmen reported by villagers when they stumbled on an undetermined number of Abu Sayyaf militants, setting off a clash that... read more
- 16:57 DPS: Trooper rescued 16-year-old sex slave during traffic stop near...
- 16:46 Last question for Obama as POTUS goes to reporter from his Illinois...
- 16:40 Obama's parting message: We're going to be OK
- 16:34 Peoria Fire-Medical offers free citizen academy
- 16:34 Animal cruelty investigation underway in Queen Creek
- 16:34 2017 Arizona Storytellers Project schedule
- 16:34 Birmingham lawyer sentenced for $431,141 theft from clients
- 16:26 Texas society's Black Tie & Boots party among DC's largest...
- 16:21 Millennium girls soccer team seeks football-like crowd
- 16:09 6 civilians killed in rebel strike in Yemen's Taiz