Philippine troops kill 3 militants, rescue trader
MANILA, Philippines-Dozens of army troops killed three Abu Sayyaf militants and rescued a kidnap victim Monday in a clash in the southern Philippines, officials said.
The rescued businesswoman, Luisa Galvez, an army soldier and at least seven militants were wounded in the gunbattle that raged in a hinterland village near Sumisip town on Basilan island, regional military spokesman Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang said.
Three platoons of army scout rangers were searching for gunmen reported by... read more
Most read news
- 23:09 Woman dies from brain-eating amoeba
- 22:49 Man arrested in Subway robbery
- 22:46 How does FSU's quarterback situation stack up vs. its opponents' in...
- 22:30 Carrasco loses no-hitter with 1 strike to go in 9th vs Rays
- 22:30 Justin Bour's walk-off homer leads Marlins past Giants 6-5
- 22:23 Prince pulls music from streaming sites
- 21:42 Robot hits, kills Volkswagen worker
- 21:24 Dodge runs new ads for sold-out, 707-horsepower Hellcats
- 21:24 Robust jobs report could instill confidence
- 21:23 In living color: New images show two faces of Pluto