Police arrest suspect in Allapattah store robbery, shooting
Miami police have arrested a man accused of shooting and killing an Allapattah convenience store patron during a robbery attempt.
Chantel Keonne Williams, 38, was charged with one count of first-degree murder, three counts of armed robbery and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Williams was involved in the robbery of the Dollar Store, 2148 NW 17th Ave., in late April, said police spokeswoman Kenia Reyes.
When Williams came into the store at about 1 p.m. April 29, he... read more
Most read news
- 09:13 Milosevic's widow ridicules EU lifting sanctions
- 09:03 Protesters break into Burkina Faso parliament
- 09:03 AP Interview: Syrian official slams Turkey's role
- 08:34 Christie gets tough with heckler over Sandy progress
- 08:13 Halloween scene resembling a lynching taken down
- 08:12 Obama's overnight in Rhode Island to make history
- 08:08 Police: Jogger struck by car; westbound lanes of Steele Creek closed
- 08:06 Wanted in US, Roman Polanski questioned in Poland
- 07:54 Israeli police kill suspected Palestinian shooter
- 07:29 UK court says Libyan can sue over rendition