Police arrest suspect in Allapattah store robbery, shooting
Miami police have arrested a man accused of shooting and killing an Allapattah convenience store patron during a robbery attempt.
Chantel Keonne Williams, 38, was charged with one count of first-degree murder, three counts of armed robbery and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Williams was involved in the robbery of the Dollar Store, 2148 NW 17th Ave., in late April, said police spokeswoman Kenia Reyes.
When Williams came into the store at about 1 p.m. April 29, he... read more
Most read news
- 22:06 The real 'Mystery, Alaska': Who's calling the shots at UAA?
- 22:06 100 years ago, Alaska's leaders stood up for a new university
- 21:55 Anchorage fat-tire cyclist crushes record time to McGrath by...
- 21:55 Notebook: Will UAF fans take over Sullivan? (Also, Wolfe, Hickel)
- 21:47 Murkowski hires Sullivan consultant for 2016 campaign
- 21:45 Woman protests Uber's $100 'bodily fluids' fee
- 21:37 Two fossils suggest human family is older than thought
- 21:26 Death of Russian democratic leader hits home for Alaskan
- 21:17 China sets growth target of about 7% for 2015
- 20:27 Bell: Chip Kelly isn't afraid to gamble, but it better work