Police arrest suspect in Allapattah store robbery, shooting
Miami police have arrested a man accused of shooting and killing an Allapattah convenience store patron during a robbery attempt.
Chantel Keonne Williams, 38, was charged with one count of first-degree murder, three counts of armed robbery and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Williams was involved in the robbery of the Dollar Store, 2148 NW 17th Ave., in late April, said police spokeswoman Kenia Reyes.
When Williams came into the store at about 1 p.m. April 29, he demanded money, police said. A fight broke out between him and a patron of the store. Williams shot... read more
- 02:53 Pakistan city shuts down, mourns 61 killed at police academy
- 02:42 Suns rookie Derrick Jones Jr. goes from heartache to heartfelt
- 02:27 Afghan official: Taliban insurgents abduct, kill 20 people
- 02:27 Rehabilitated orangutans freed in Borneo as species dwindles
- 02:16 Police say 2 were lucky to survive accident at Aussie park
- 02:16 Philippine leader Duterte says he wants foreign troops out
- 02:15 Daily highs in Phoenix area 10 degrees above normal
- 02:15 Future of polygamous towns' police agency debated
- 02:15 Cost, terrain challenge Interstate 17 expansion, officials say
- 01:40 Hyundai Motor 3Q net profit hits 7-year-low