Police arrest suspect in Allapattah store robbery, shooting
Miami police have arrested a man accused of shooting and killing an Allapattah convenience store patron during a robbery attempt.
Chantel Keonne Williams, 38, was charged with one count of first-degree murder, three counts of armed robbery and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Williams was involved in the robbery of the Dollar Store, 2148 NW 17th Ave., in late April, said police spokeswoman Kenia Reyes.
When Williams came into the store at about 1 p.m. April 29, he... read more
Most read news
- 23:38 FSU opens NCAA tournament with walk-off win in 10 innings against...
- 23:09 Another golf course closes, leaving residents wondering what's next
- 23:01 Lightning defeat Rangers 2-0, advance to Stanley Cup Final
- 22:50 Mike Bianchi: It's un-American for Orlando City to pay for its own...
- 22:29 Predators conquer Gladiators for 3rd victory in row
- 22:18 Haren outduels Mets ace Harvey in 4-3 victory over Mets
- 22:05 Count on Scott Skiles to deliver wins
- 22:05 Hamlin wins the pole at Dover International Speedway
- 22:05 All-area boys volleyball Player of Year: Dr. Phillips' Kevin Rocklein
- 21:59 Count on Scott Skiles to deliver wins