Police arrest suspect in Allapattah store robbery, shooting
Miami police have arrested a man accused of shooting and killing an Allapattah convenience store patron during a robbery attempt.
Chantel Keonne Williams, 38, was charged with one count of first-degree murder, three counts of armed robbery and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Williams was involved in the robbery of the Dollar Store, 2148 NW 17th Ave., in late April, said police spokeswoman Kenia Reyes.
When Williams came into the store at about 1 p.m. April 29, he... read more
Most read news
- 14:09 Cuteness overload: Duchess Kate shares more Princess Charlotte photos
- 14:04 AP Sources: Rutgers fires coach Flood and AD Hermann
- 14:04 Reading the North: Cannabis cookbook; Iditarod adventure
- 13:56 Hometown U: A meeting of art and psychology
- 13:52 Stock watch: Top four in Amway Coaches Poll look like Playoff teams
- 13:50 Travel conditions ease after freezing rain
- 13:40 Congress faces raft of issues in spending deadline to avoid shutdown
- 13:31 Bale, Ronaldo score in Madrid's 2-0 win at Eibar
- 13:24 Foles back as the starting quarterback for the Rams
- 13:24 Andy Murray ends Great Britain's drought, caps 'magical' Davis Cup