Police arrest suspect in Allapattah store robbery, shooting
Miami police have arrested a man accused of shooting and killing an Allapattah convenience store patron during a robbery attempt.
Chantel Keonne Williams, 38, was charged with one count of first-degree murder, three counts of armed robbery and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Williams was involved in the robbery of the Dollar Store, 2148 NW 17th Ave., in late April, said police spokeswoman Kenia Reyes.
When Williams came into the store at about 1 p.m. April 29, he... read more
Most read news
- 09:34 Saudi official: Bin Ladens killed in England plane crash
- 09:21 1st Republican debate tops Sunday talk shows
- 09:18 Laila Ali juggles mom, wife, celebrity roles
- 08:43 Suspected Flight 370 wing flap being taken to French site
- 08:41 Most (and least) expensive states to drive in
- 08:36 Wildfires prompt Brown to declare state of emergency in Calif.
- 08:32 Fifteen years into pro career, wakeboarder Dallas Friday rides high
- 08:30 TCM salutes John Wayne, Vivien Leigh, Ann-Margret
- 08:29 States to colleges: Prove you're worth it
- 08:20 Surf Report: 10 things your didn't know about Windows 10