Police arrest suspect in Allapattah store robbery, shooting
Miami police have arrested a man accused of shooting and killing an Allapattah convenience store patron during a robbery attempt.
Chantel Keonne Williams, 38, was charged with one count of first-degree murder, three counts of armed robbery and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Williams was involved in the robbery of the Dollar Store, 2148 NW 17th Ave., in late April, said police spokeswoman Kenia Reyes.
When Williams came into the store at about 1 p.m. April 29, he... read more
Most read news
- 21:55 Women take issue with Clinton backers' remarks
- 21:32 Meet the mega-donors
- 21:14 Education commissioner's firing followed refusal to spend for...
- 20:35 Lundgren, Stahla win Alyeska slalom titles
- 20:31 Education commissioner's firing followed refusal to spend for...
- 20:28 Zenefits CEO steps down
- 20:01 Dustin Byfuglien's extension has widespread effect
- 19:55 #OscarsSoWhite diversity discussion breaks for lunch
- 18:46 Italian wife faces prison after husband complains she didn't do...
- 18:09 Poll: Majority of Anchorage voters support equal rights ordinance