Police arrest suspect in Allapattah store robbery, shooting
Miami police have arrested a man accused of shooting and killing an Allapattah convenience store patron during a robbery attempt.
Chantel Keonne Williams, 38, was charged with one count of first-degree murder, three counts of armed robbery and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Williams was involved in the robbery of the Dollar Store, 2148 NW 17th Ave., in late April, said police spokeswoman Kenia Reyes.
When Williams came into the store at about 1 p.m. April 29, he... read more
Most read news
- 06:22 Police detain armed man in office of Turkey's ruling party
- 06:22 Airline bosses visit memorial near Alps crash site
- 06:15 TV tonight: 'Middle,' Mysteries of Laura'
- 05:07 International court welcomes Palestinians as 123rd member
- 04:53 Iran nuke talks resume after deadline abandoned
- 03:10 Gary Dahl, creator of the Pet Rock, dies at 78
- 02:01 The world's oldest person dies at 117
- 01:30 South kickers give Chugiak the boot
- 01:19 Analysis: 61,000 U.S. bridges 'structurally deficient'
- 01:05 Ind. website hit by 'religious freedom' bill cyberattack