Police arrest suspect in Allapattah store robbery, shooting
Miami police have arrested a man accused of shooting and killing an Allapattah convenience store patron during a robbery attempt.
Chantel Keonne Williams, 38, was charged with one count of first-degree murder, three counts of armed robbery and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Williams was involved in the robbery of the Dollar Store, 2148 NW 17th Ave., in late April, said police spokeswoman Kenia Reyes.
When Williams came into the store at about 1 p.m. April 29, he demanded money, police said. A fight broke out between him and a patron of the store. Williams shot... read more
- 02:26 The Latest: Israel begins Peres funeral procession
- 02:21 Survey: Chinese factories eke out expansion in September
- 01:56 Stone Matthews rushes for 6 TDs in Saguaro's rout of Marcos de Niza
- 01:38 Israelis, world leaders gather for Peres funeral
- 01:32 City skyline blinks in nightly ritual to cheer up sick kids
- 01:25 Bordow: Quick hits on Saguaro's win over Marcos de Niza
- 01:22 Formerly high-flying Chinese officials sentenced for graft
- 01:15 Duterte compares his drug killings to Hitler and Holocaust
- 01:05 Bickley: Cardinals face a litmus test against physical Rams
- 00:53 Supreme Court cautious on new cases as term begins under cloud of...