Police arrest suspect in Allapattah store robbery, shooting
Miami police have arrested a man accused of shooting and killing an Allapattah convenience store patron during a robbery attempt.
Chantel Keonne Williams, 38, was charged with one count of first-degree murder, three counts of armed robbery and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Williams was involved in the robbery of the Dollar Store, 2148 NW 17th Ave., in late April, said police spokeswoman Kenia Reyes.
When Williams came into the store at about 1 p.m. April 29, he... read more
Most read news
- 11:21 Find the best holiday shopping in New York City
- 11:16 Tunisia's outgoing premier backs broad coalition
- 10:45 Aubrey Plaza has 'Worst Christmas Ever' as Grumpy Cat
- 10:40 Ferguson library stays open, gets outpouring of donations
- 10:07 Obama deals with foreign leaders on immigration
- 09:55 INSIDE KOBANI: Devastation mixed with optimism
- 09:03 Egg Bowl stakes high for Ole Miss, Mississippi St
- 09:03 Pitt, Miami to meet in regular-season finale
- 08:37 Gunman killed after targeting Austin police headquarters
- 08:37 College student with severe peanut butter allergy dies