Police arrest suspect in Allapattah store robbery, shooting
Miami police have arrested a man accused of shooting and killing an Allapattah convenience store patron during a robbery attempt.
Chantel Keonne Williams, 38, was charged with one count of first-degree murder, three counts of armed robbery and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Williams was involved in the robbery of the Dollar Store, 2148 NW 17th Ave., in late April, said police spokeswoman Kenia Reyes.
When Williams came into the store at about 1 p.m. April 29, he demanded money, police said. A fight broke out between him and a patron of the store. Williams shot... read more
- 14:27 Reaching new heights: Suns hike Piestewa Peak
- 14:26 Microsoft to slash up to 1,850 jobs
- 14:26 Teen sues in locker room rape, alleges lengthy racist abuse
- 14:24 These spellers have S-W-A-G on stage
- 14:20 Zika funding mired in Congress
- 14:19 New Daphne restaurant plans to hire 50; job fair set
- 14:19 Bull Hancock, William Woodward elected to racing Hall
- 14:15 Lawmakers' dues to party: 'Extortion' or team effort?
- 14:15 Do House committee posts come with a price tag?
- 14:15 AFL-CIO, unions target potential Trump voters