Police arrest suspect in Allapattah store robbery, shooting
Miami police have arrested a man accused of shooting and killing an Allapattah convenience store patron during a robbery attempt.
Chantel Keonne Williams, 38, was charged with one count of first-degree murder, three counts of armed robbery and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Williams was involved in the robbery of the Dollar Store, 2148 NW 17th Ave., in late April, said police spokeswoman Kenia Reyes.
When Williams came into the store at about 1 p.m. April 29, he demanded money, police said. A fight broke out between him and a patron of the store. Williams shot... read more
- 13:35 Twitter continues livestreaming push with MLB, NHL games
- 13:35 New redesigned iPhone? You may have to wait
- 13:31 County to modify chimneys, fireplaces of 200 homes in Phoenix,...
- 13:23 Marni Nixon, voice of classic movie musicals, has died at age 86
- 13:23 Never naming names, Clinton slams Trump's foreign policy
- 13:21 Learn the secret behind this exceptional Oregon rosÃ© with no vintage
- 13:18 Economist experiences life on a food-stamp budget
- 13:15 Many stores honoring parents' requests for 'gender-neutral' kids'...
- 13:15 Man sliced by motorcycle thief during robbery attempt in Mobile
- 13:12 Man found dead on ASU Tempe campus