Police arrest suspect in Allapattah store robbery, shooting
Miami police have arrested a man accused of shooting and killing an Allapattah convenience store patron during a robbery attempt.
Chantel Keonne Williams, 38, was charged with one count of first-degree murder, three counts of armed robbery and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Williams was involved in the robbery of the Dollar Store, 2148 NW 17th Ave., in late April, said police spokeswoman Kenia Reyes.
When Williams came into the store at about 1 p.m. April 29, he demanded money, police said. A fight broke out between him and a patron of the store. Williams shot... read more
- 13:24 Birmingham man shot, killed in home invasion at Southtown; occupant...
- 13:24 Birmingham man shot, killed in home invasion at Southtown; tenant...
- 13:21 3 soldiers dead as armed men attack northern Mali army base
- 13:21 Special needs school raises money for clean water
- 13:21 Hance Park moves toward $118 million makeover in downtown Phoenix
- 12:57 Trump signals new hope for ObamaCare overall, says 'Do not worry!'
- 12:44 Somalia's proposed new cabinet challenged by lawmakers
- 12:28 3 dead as Bangladesh government troops raid militants
- 12:28 US military plane makes emergency landing in Indonesia
- 12:18 Congolese militia decapitates more than 40 police: Officials