Police arrest suspect in Allapattah store robbery, shooting
Miami police have arrested a man accused of shooting and killing an Allapattah convenience store patron during a robbery attempt.
Chantel Keonne Williams, 38, was charged with one count of first-degree murder, three counts of armed robbery and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Williams was involved in the robbery of the Dollar Store, 2148 NW 17th Ave., in late April, said police spokeswoman Kenia Reyes.
When Williams came into the store at about 1 p.m. April 29, he demanded money, police said. A fight broke out between him and a patron of the store. Williams shot... read more
- 17:55 This is What Happens When You Adopt Equal Pay Legislation
- 17:51 Groups seek new investigation into terror suspect's shooting
- 17:46 50,000 flee South Sudan's instability for Darfur, UN says
- 17:39 Police trying to ID man, woman in theft of cash from shopper's purse
- 17:39 Student with gun arrested at Alabama school
- 17:38 Man arrested in Old East Dallas shooting that wounded another man
- 17:36 Dawn Braid joins list of female sports pioneers
- 17:36 Arizona Cardinals at Houston Texans: TV, radio information
- 17:24 Injured nun rescued from Italy quake rubble texted 'adieu' to loved...
- 17:18 Aaron Shelby preparing to promote and protect grandfather Carroll...