Police arrest suspect in Allapattah store robbery, shooting
Miami police have arrested a man accused of shooting and killing an Allapattah convenience store patron during a robbery attempt.
Chantel Keonne Williams, 38, was charged with one count of first-degree murder, three counts of armed robbery and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Williams was involved in the robbery of the Dollar Store, 2148 NW 17th Ave., in late April, said police spokeswoman Kenia Reyes.
When Williams came into the store at about 1 p.m. April 29, he... read more
Most read news
- 08:16 Justice Department opens probe of airlines for possible collusion
- 08:12 Normal relations clear a path to Florida-Cuba ties
- 08:07 U.S. Park police respond to report of shooter at Navy Yard in...
- 07:51 Obama meets (and sings) Davy Crockett
- 07:38 NBC revs up for return to NASCAR broadcasts
- 07:23 Apopka veterans vent anger at Kilsheimer in community-center dispute
- 07:23 Once in a blue moon: It's happening in July
- 07:23 Latest teacher bonuses a bad idea
- 06:59 U.S. probes possible airline conspiracy to keep fares high
- 06:58 Obama's day: Overtime talk in Wisconsin