Police arrest suspect in Allapattah store robbery, shooting
Miami police have arrested a man accused of shooting and killing an Allapattah convenience store patron during a robbery attempt.
Chantel Keonne Williams, 38, was charged with one count of first-degree murder, three counts of armed robbery and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Williams was involved in the robbery of the Dollar Store, 2148 NW 17th Ave., in late April, said police spokeswoman Kenia Reyes.
When Williams came into the store at about 1 p.m. April 29, he... read more
Most read news
- 18:15 Drought is not just a California problem
- 18:15 Questions swirl around issue of faith and facial hair
- 17:03 'Green Gables' star Jonathan Crombie dies at 48
- 16:45 Ryan Lochte, healthy again, begins buildup for worlds, then Olympics
- 16:30 Over 800 million now use What's App monthly
- 16:19 Behind the scenes at VA's $1.73B Colo. hospital project
- 16:15 'The British are coming!': Today in history
- 15:44 Delamaide: IMF faces tipping point over Greece
- 15:08 Google shakes up ranking system for mobile
- 14:16 Weekend picks for book lovers