Police arrest suspect in Allapattah store robbery, shooting
Miami police have arrested a man accused of shooting and killing an Allapattah convenience store patron during a robbery attempt.
Chantel Keonne Williams, 38, was charged with one count of first-degree murder, three counts of armed robbery and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Williams was involved in the robbery of the Dollar Store, 2148 NW 17th Ave., in late April, said police spokeswoman Kenia Reyes.
When Williams came into the store at about 1 p.m. April 29, he... read more
Most read news
- 23:24 University of Alaska Museum of the North opens its first public...
- 23:12 Tim Tebow makes best case yet for Eagles roster spot
- 23:12 Though Tim Lincecum era ends, Giants fans won't forget this 'Freak'...
- 23:02 Music therapists seek state recognition
- 23:02 With Obama visit, Arctic conference, Alaska's 'neglect thesis' gets...
- 22:26 In Alaska, massive achievement gaps separate Native and white students
- 22:24 Police: 4 teens arrested after invasion, chase
- 21:44 FIU stuns UCF in season opener
- 21:43 FIU stuns UCF in season opener
- 21:13 Gas prices to be lowest for Labor Day in 11 years