Police: Most Detroit crimes up
Police: Most Detroit crimes up Detroit - Crime across the city inched up in most major categories compared to last year, and despite a drop in homicides, the statistics are "sobering," said Police Chief Ralph Godbee Jr.The crime figures were released during a forum that updated residents on incidents so far this year and how police are tackling issues affecting their neighborhoods.
Through Monday, the city had 98 homicides - four fewer than the same period last year, the department... read more
Most read news
- 19:10 Banning pit bulls saves lives and protects the innocent
- 19:08 Analysis: Five impressions from Day 3 of Carolina Panthers OTAs
- 19:08 Fourth U.S. drone victim influenced by Sept. 11, war
- 19:08 Poll finds New Yorkers want a watchdog for the NYPD
- 19:08 Victoria Gotti limited by paralysis after stroke, will begin rehab
- 19:08 McClellan dogs help make the world safer
- 19:08 IRS replaces official who oversaw targeting of conservative groups
- 19:08 Crews knocking down police building, but memories remain
- 19:08 Syria's exile opposition opens conference in Turkey amid anger,...
- 19:08 United Way's 2013 campaign raises $17.6 million for Orlando-area...