Rebound impressive, but more big hurdles await J.C. Penney
J.C. Penney’s sharply improved second-quarter results were impressive, but the retailer has big hurdles to overcome before it can start to repay its debt.
Customer traffic is still down from a year ago, Penney said Thursday as it announced that its second-quarter sales were up 6 percent. Penney also sharply cut its losses.
Analysts believe Penney needs to get back $2 billion to $3 billion of the $5.6 billion in sales it lost in 2012 and 2013, when a reinvention of the department store... read more
Most read news
- 17:31 Fact check: Cruz misquotes Clapper on refugees
- 17:26 After nearly 20 years, Peyton Manning and Charles Woodson still...
- 17:23 Obama meets with families of shooting victims
- 17:14 Quirky 'Fargo' returns for deadly new season
- 16:59 SMU won't appeal Larry Brown suspension, postseason ban
- 16:58 The Mothership: 'The Walking Dead' with Justin Guarini
- 16:56 Alaska Gov. Walker pens sharp retort to House speaker's criticism...
- 16:21 Review: Brilliant 'Fargo' is nicely menacing
- 16:17 Dad Rock: Franz Ferdinand and Sparks unite
- 15:56 He bought Alaska, but that's just one reason Seward was among the...