Rebound impressive, but more big hurdles await J.C. Penney
J.C. Penney’s sharply improved second-quarter results were impressive, but the retailer has big hurdles to overcome before it can start to repay its debt.
Customer traffic is still down from a year ago, Penney said Thursday as it announced that its second-quarter sales were up 6 percent. Penney also sharply cut its losses.
Analysts believe Penney needs to get back $2 billion to $3 billion of the $5.6 billion in sales it lost in 2012 and 2013, when a reinvention of the department store... read more
Most read news
- 01:35 Not enough Spidey (fashion) sense in Guinness try
- 01:09 Despite rough working conditions, Hooper Bay carver puts his mark...
- 01:06 Don Young, opposing protections for Lower 48 wolves, suggests they...
- 01:00 Murderer gets $7,500 from prison dog bite
- 00:41 Mission to a mysterious dwarf planet
- 00:39 Exclusive book trailer reveal: 'Holding Strong'
- 00:33 At stake for UAA and UAF in Governor's Cup -- nearly everything
- 00:16 Russell Westbrook triple-double streak mesmerized while it lasted
- 00:14 6 hot romance e-book deals to warm you up
- 23:53 Proposed cuts to public broadcasting funding rile rural Alaska...