Rebound impressive, but more big hurdles await J.C. Penney
J.C. Penney’s sharply improved second-quarter results were impressive, but the retailer has big hurdles to overcome before it can start to repay its debt.
Customer traffic is still down from a year ago, Penney said Thursday as it announced that its second-quarter sales were up 6 percent. Penney also sharply cut its losses.
Analysts believe Penney needs to get back $2 billion to $3 billion of the $5.6 billion in sales it lost in 2012 and 2013, when a reinvention of the department store... read more
Most read news
- 04:24 Airstrikes target oil filed in eastern Syria
- 04:11 Weaknesses revealed as Giants head into Game 3
- 03:53 Rival volleyball players team up to battle cancer
- 03:31 Nightengale: Butler ignites Royals offense in Game 2
- 03:21 Phoenix Suns forward T.J. Warren suffers fractured thumb
- 03:21 Glendale Kellis outfielder Tyler Williams commits to ASU baseball
- 03:07 Poll: Democrat Peters widens lead in Mich. Senate race
- 02:41 French Quarter building collapses; crowds scurry
- 02:41 Turkey kidnap plot raises doubts about U.S. troop safety
- 02:41 Boooooo: Haunted house shut down for code problems