Rebound impressive, but more big hurdles await J.C. Penney
J.C. Penney’s sharply improved second-quarter results were impressive, but the retailer has big hurdles to overcome before it can start to repay its debt.
Customer traffic is still down from a year ago, Penney said Thursday as it announced that its second-quarter sales were up 6 percent. Penney also sharply cut its losses.
Analysts believe Penney needs to get back $2 billion to $3 billion of the $5.6 billion in sales it lost in 2012 and 2013, when a reinvention of the department store... read more
Most read news
- 00:18 NYO wraps up with record in seal hop
- 00:18 Cyclists geared up for summer racing season
- 00:18 Big weekend for UAA track runners
- 00:18 South girls, Dimond boys win Prosser-Whitmore track titles
- 00:18 Saturday's prep soccer round-up
- 00:18 Steele, Commerford take bodybuilding titles
- 00:18 Masters marathoner: Young builds for Boston
- 23:46 Man stuck in seat belt video goes viral
- 23:46 300 strangers attend girl's party after mom's plea
- 22:37 Derrick Rose helps Bulls drop Bucks in playoff return