Rebound impressive, but more big hurdles await J.C. Penney
J.C. Penney’s sharply improved second-quarter results were impressive, but the retailer has big hurdles to overcome before it can start to repay its debt.
Customer traffic is still down from a year ago, Penney said Thursday as it announced that its second-quarter sales were up 6 percent. Penney also sharply cut its losses.
Analysts believe Penney needs to get back $2 billion to $3 billion of the $5.6 billion in sales it lost in 2012 and 2013, when a reinvention of the department store... read more
Most read news
- 09:47 Start-ups expand alternative credit scoring
- 09:43 Five bold predictions for the Final Four
- 09:43 Consumer spending edges up as income rises in Feb.
- 09:36 Fact check: Ted Cruz on the global cooling myth and Galileo
- 09:32 Jim McElwain is built for business of winning football at Florida
- 09:30 T-Mobile's latest pitch: Better coverage maps
- 08:54 Trevor Noah to replace Jon Stewart on 'Daily Show'
- 08:26 Range Rover SVAutobiography aims for superluxury crowd
- 07:52 UnitedHealth sets sail for drug manager Catamaran
- 07:50 Kennys Vargas: David Ortiz's not-so-little brother