Rebound impressive, but more big hurdles await J.C. Penney
J.C. Penney’s sharply improved second-quarter results were impressive, but the retailer has big hurdles to overcome before it can start to repay its debt.
Customer traffic is still down from a year ago, Penney said Thursday as it announced that its second-quarter sales were up 6 percent. Penney also sharply cut its losses.
Analysts believe Penney needs to get back $2 billion to $3 billion of the $5.6 billion in sales it lost in 2012 and 2013, when a reinvention of the department store... read more
Most read news
- 16:41 Winter Garden's Freddy Krueger adds to name recognition with record...
- 16:13 Trump draws cheers, criticism during Nashville visit
- 15:38 Six women in best position to derail Serena Williams’ calendar Slam
- 15:17 Weird 'service' animals show up in odd places
- 15:03 School leaders: Orange school-building rules favor charters
- 14:54 Sunday shows to focus on 2016, Katrina anniversary
- 14:53 Petulant legislators attack courts for righting their wrongs
- 14:43 U.S. Presidents Cup picture has yet to come into focus for captain...
- 14:41 Teacher keeps $90K job after being late 111 times
- 14:38 FSU coach Jimbo Fisher still reluctant to name starting quarterback