Rebound impressive, but more big hurdles await J.C. Penney
J.C. Penney’s sharply improved second-quarter results were impressive, but the retailer has big hurdles to overcome before it can start to repay its debt.
Customer traffic is still down from a year ago, Penney said Thursday as it announced that its second-quarter sales were up 6 percent. Penney also sharply cut its losses.
Analysts believe Penney needs to get back $2 billion to $3 billion of the $5.6 billion in sales it lost in 2012 and 2013, when a reinvention of the department store failed, sending Penney shoppers elsewhere.
That’s the big-picture call for J.C. Penney, said Piper Jaffray... read more
- 20:50 Alabama men fatally poisoned by carbon monoxide gas
- 20:18 Arizona commemorates 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor attack in...
- 19:36 Cuban entrepreneurs urge President-elect Trump to maintain...
- 19:23 Bella Hadid poses in NSFW Paper Magazine shoot
- 18:54 Readers' picks: Worst West Valley eyesores
- 18:52 FBI seeks public's help to catch 'Packing Pigeon Bandit' in Glendale
- 18:52 Downtown Southwest Valley: 10 don't-miss spots
- 18:52 Ultimate Arizona bucket list: 10 things to do in the Southwest Valley
- 18:37 DPS seeks help to ID body of man found on I-40
- 18:32 Downtown Gilbert: 10 don't-miss spots