Rebound impressive, but more big hurdles await J.C. Penney
J.C. Penney’s sharply improved second-quarter results were impressive, but the retailer has big hurdles to overcome before it can start to repay its debt.
Customer traffic is still down from a year ago, Penney said Thursday as it announced that its second-quarter sales were up 6 percent. Penney also sharply cut its losses.
Analysts believe Penney needs to get back $2 billion to $3 billion of the $5.6 billion in sales it lost in 2012 and 2013, when a reinvention of the department store... read more
Most read news
- 01:47 So long, Aces' 3-game win streak, 4-game unbeaten string
- 01:47 UC Davis edges Cal Poly in overtime 81-78
- 01:23 Japan outraged after ISIL claims to behead hostage
- 01:20 Mentally ill man who killed mother wants inheritance
- 01:05 Will Obamacare ruin your tax refund?
- 00:47 Michigan pays $12M for railcars going nowhere
- 00:35 UAA's Thomas clinches NCAA berth in heptathlon
- 00:33 Japan mourns Goto as caring and courageous reporter
- 00:21 Morehead girls bring back the cheer
- 00:14 What to Watch on Sunday: Super bowls offer something for everyone