Rebound impressive, but more big hurdles await J.C. Penney
J.C. Penney’s sharply improved second-quarter results were impressive, but the retailer has big hurdles to overcome before it can start to repay its debt.
Customer traffic is still down from a year ago, Penney said Thursday as it announced that its second-quarter sales were up 6 percent. Penney also sharply cut its losses.
Analysts believe Penney needs to get back $2 billion to $3 billion of the $5.6 billion in sales it lost in 2012 and 2013, when a reinvention of the department store failed, sending Penney shoppers elsewhere.
That’s the big-picture call for J.C. Penney, said Piper Jaffray... read more
- 13:24 Birmingham man shot, killed in home invasion at Southtown; occupant...
- 13:24 Birmingham man shot, killed in home invasion at Southtown; tenant...
- 13:21 3 soldiers dead as armed men attack northern Mali army base
- 13:21 Special needs school raises money for clean water
- 13:21 Hance Park moves toward $118 million makeover in downtown Phoenix
- 12:57 Trump signals new hope for ObamaCare overall, says 'Do not worry!'
- 12:44 Somalia's proposed new cabinet challenged by lawmakers
- 12:28 3 dead as Bangladesh government troops raid militants
- 12:28 US military plane makes emergency landing in Indonesia
- 12:18 Congolese militia decapitates more than 40 police: Officials