Rebound impressive, but more big hurdles await J.C. Penney
J.C. Penney’s sharply improved second-quarter results were impressive, but the retailer has big hurdles to overcome before it can start to repay its debt.
Customer traffic is still down from a year ago, Penney said Thursday as it announced that its second-quarter sales were up 6 percent. Penney also sharply cut its losses.
Analysts believe Penney needs to get back $2 billion to $3 billion of the $5.6 billion in sales it lost in 2012 and 2013, when a reinvention of the department store... read more
Most read news
- 11:35 MacDown: Comfort food for a good cause
- 11:32 On the NFL: Jen Welter is a breakthrough performer
- 11:31 South Florida afloat in odd artificial reefs - and more on way
- 11:28 Drug traffickers wiping out the jaguar in Central America
- 11:18 Deputies: Strange man caressed UCF student while sleeping
- 11:03 Sheriff Demings to make statement about dustup at UCF-area apartment
- 11:02 Patriots owner: 'I was wrong to put my faith in the league'
- 11:00 Man Booker prize longlist announced
- 10:57 Jet lands at Orlando International Airport after engine overheated,...
- 10:53 Talk about voter turnout: More than a million opinions on $10 bill...