Rebound impressive, but more big hurdles await J.C. Penney
J.C. Penney’s sharply improved second-quarter results were impressive, but the retailer has big hurdles to overcome before it can start to repay its debt.
Customer traffic is still down from a year ago, Penney said Thursday as it announced that its second-quarter sales were up 6 percent. Penney also sharply cut its losses.
Analysts believe Penney needs to get back $2 billion to $3 billion of the $5.6 billion in sales it lost in 2012 and 2013, when a reinvention of the department store... read more
Most read news
- 10:32 Weather: Valley expected to flirt with record highs
- 10:24 Benson's 'Faces': Lorenzo Lopez's giant turkey leg
- 10:07 Fatal motorcycle wreck closes Union Hills at I-17
- 10:00 Talkin' football: Could local All-Star team beat FSU?
- 09:55 Suicide bomber targets Egyptian army post, kills 5
- 09:54 After Ottawa shooting, Canadian media weigh liberty and security
- 09:17 Botswana votes as president seeks second term
- 08:42 Gaston County teen struck by car, in critical condition
- 08:09 Top 3 political headlines: Gardner, Obama and Big Money
- 07:42 Glenn Beck named honorary chair at gala