Rebound impressive, but more big hurdles await J.C. Penney
J.C. Penney’s sharply improved second-quarter results were impressive, but the retailer has big hurdles to overcome before it can start to repay its debt.
Customer traffic is still down from a year ago, Penney said Thursday as it announced that its second-quarter sales were up 6 percent. Penney also sharply cut its losses.
Analysts believe Penney needs to get back $2 billion to $3 billion of the $5.6 billion in sales it lost in 2012 and 2013, when a reinvention of the department store... read more
Most read news
- 18:08 High school football gameday 10.02.14
- 17:35 N.C. plans change to 10-point grading scale
- 17:09 Hornets center Al Jefferson: I'm ‘sick' of being defensive...
- 17:06 Breast cancer survivors apply a touch of pink to Charlotte Motor...
- 16:42 October tech stocks: A treat for investors?
- 16:42 Tech Five: eBay dips after PayPal split news
- 16:41 White Rock Local Market receives USDA grant for newest location
- 16:07 JSU to receive $3M grant for education technology programs
- 14:05 23 arrested in Cabarrus child support crackdown
- 13:53 Tega Cay bicyclist dies after crash on Baxter trails