Rebound impressive, but more big hurdles await J.C. Penney
J.C. Penney’s sharply improved second-quarter results were impressive, but the retailer has big hurdles to overcome before it can start to repay its debt.
Customer traffic is still down from a year ago, Penney said Thursday as it announced that its second-quarter sales were up 6 percent. Penney also sharply cut its losses.
Analysts believe Penney needs to get back $2 billion to $3 billion of the $5.6 billion in sales it lost in 2012 and 2013, when a reinvention of the department store... read more
Most read news
- 10:18 DisneyQuest closing at Downtown Disney
- 10:01 'Leap second': Why June 30 will have one extra second
- 10:00 New Ebola death in Liberia weeks after it was declared free of the...
- 09:55 Supreme Court to hear case threatening public employee unions
- 09:48 Bush Calls the Confederate Flag a 'Racist' Symbol
- 09:46 Watch: Police officer dances up a storm at NYC Pride parade
- 09:41 Tech Five: Apple Music makes its big debut
- 09:35 Why you should ask Siri to divide zero by zero
- 09:33 Girl born without a face has undergone 45 surgeries
- 09:24 Big July 4 fireworks events won't have SunRail service