Rebound impressive, but more big hurdles await J.C. Penney
J.C. Penney’s sharply improved second-quarter results were impressive, but the retailer has big hurdles to overcome before it can start to repay its debt.
Customer traffic is still down from a year ago, Penney said Thursday as it announced that its second-quarter sales were up 6 percent. Penney also sharply cut its losses.
Analysts believe Penney needs to get back $2 billion to $3 billion of the $5.6 billion in sales it lost in 2012 and 2013, when a reinvention of the department store... read more
Most read news
- 15:39 New version of Great Movie Ride unveiled at Disney's Hollywood Studios
- 14:46 SEC reaps record haul of $455.8 million
- 14:46 Orlando City Stadium deal is home run for soccer, community
- 14:45 Obama protests short-term nature of highway bill
- 14:45 Five questions: Congress and the Patriot Act
- 14:24 Which new movies are worth your money?
- 14:20 Padres' home field to host college hoops game in December
- 14:17 Orlando City Stadium deal is home run for soccer, community
- 14:12 How do you explain the Twins' recent success?
- 14:09 Urban Meyer says QB Braxton Miller will play for Ohio State in 2015