Rebound impressive, but more big hurdles await J.C. Penney
J.C. Penney’s sharply improved second-quarter results were impressive, but the retailer has big hurdles to overcome before it can start to repay its debt.
Customer traffic is still down from a year ago, Penney said Thursday as it announced that its second-quarter sales were up 6 percent. Penney also sharply cut its losses.
Analysts believe Penney needs to get back $2 billion to $3 billion of the $5.6 billion in sales it lost in 2012 and 2013, when a reinvention of the department store... read more
Most read news
- 14:43 Vonn wins women's World Cup downhill in France
- 14:42 Family has three jobs and still struggles with bills
- 14:26 German-language pop superstar Udo Juergens dies
- 13:54 Egypt court bars pictures in homosexuality trial
- 13:15 Egypt group to register under restrictive law
- 13:01 N. Korea: U.S. govt behind making of 'Interview'
- 12:56 Boy sends letter to wrong Chester Co. sheriff, but deputies make...
- 12:40 5 things to do now to increase your tax refund
- 11:48 Obama condemns killings of NYPD officers
- 09:32 Driver injured when Charlotte fire truck overturns