Rebound impressive, but more big hurdles await J.C. Penney
J.C. Penney’s sharply improved second-quarter results were impressive, but the retailer has big hurdles to overcome before it can start to repay its debt.
Customer traffic is still down from a year ago, Penney said Thursday as it announced that its second-quarter sales were up 6 percent. Penney also sharply cut its losses.
Analysts believe Penney needs to get back $2 billion to $3 billion of the $5.6 billion in sales it lost in 2012 and 2013, when a reinvention of the department store... read more
Most read news
- 17:27 Tuesday's travel is hectic ... and now comes the tough part
- 17:14 Sony plans PlayStation Vita rebates in FTC settlement
- 17:00 DeCock: Could one October afternoon have cost Tar Heels division...
- 16:49 Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals
- 16:44 No. 1 on the to-do list for Arizona's Scooby Wright: Dominate
- 16:44 Pablo Sandoval wants 'new challenge' with Red Sox
- 16:26 See some of the season's hippest holiday decor
- 16:06 Q&A: Outdoors shaped Mike Rowe's appeal
- 15:46 Quarter of Americans will work over holidays
- 15:46 Rieder: A new Philly website with an activist streak