Rising milk prices shrink profits for Dean Foods, U.S. retailers
Raw milk prices have reached historically high levels, helping push Dean Foods to a first-quarter loss. Some retailers, however, have chosen to absorb the increase rather than risk alienating price-sensitive consumers.
The increase in the base price of a gallon of 2 percent milk across most of the United States has gone up at least 54 cents since last June, said Mary Ledman, who publishes the Daily Dairy Report, based in Libertyville, Ill.
But the price paid by many shoppers has not increased... read more
Most read news
- 19:26 Trucker returns lost dog to Arizona owners
- 18:51 Mecklenburg court race involves style and substance
- 18:47 Notable Games: Cedar Hill vs. DeSoto in national spotlight;...
- 18:39 Scottsdale bar fight ends with 3 women arrested
- 18:33 ASU QB Taylor Kelly: 'I'm 100 percent'
- 18:27 Text prescription drug-abuse tips to DEA
- 18:22 Little Elm faces off against rival
- 18:22 Wylie, Plano teams find themselves in mix as playoffs near
- 18:21 State community service program honors two locals
- 18:21 Jurors watch video interview of Anniston man charged in 2012...