Rising milk prices shrink profits for Dean Foods, U.S. retailers
Raw milk prices have reached historically high levels, helping push Dean Foods to a first-quarter loss. Some retailers, however, have chosen to absorb the increase rather than risk alienating price-sensitive consumers.
The increase in the base price of a gallon of 2 percent milk across most of the United States has gone up at least 54 cents since last June, said Mary Ledman, who publishes the Daily Dairy Report, based in Libertyville, Ill.
But the price paid by many shoppers has not increased... read more
Most read news
- 03:15 Avondale officer recovering after patrol car rammed
- 02:48 NK expert says US must apologize to free detainees
- 02:44 Trump hits Twitter to blame Obama for Ebola in NYC
- 02:35 Cloning whistle-blower: little change in S. Korea
- 02:14 Woman struck, killed by hit-and-run driver in Phoenix
- 01:50 Oncor plans increased maintenance spending in 2015
- 01:43 Steve Nash, 40, won't play for Lakers this season due to back...
- 00:36 West, South vie for state football bragging rights
- 00:35 Lost and found: In Keren Lowell's solo exhibit 'Groundwork,'...
- 00:16 Bright ideas