Rising milk prices shrink profits for Dean Foods, U.S. retailers
Raw milk prices have reached historically high levels, helping push Dean Foods to a first-quarter loss. Some retailers, however, have chosen to absorb the increase rather than risk alienating price-sensitive consumers.
The increase in the base price of a gallon of 2 percent milk across most of the United States has gone up at least 54 cents since last June, said Mary Ledman, who publishes the Daily Dairy Report, based in Libertyville, Ill.
But the price paid by many shoppers has not increased... read more
Most read news
- 02:17 Jimmy Butler sparks Bulls after Bucks get feisty
- 01:47 All but one cop in Mo. town resigns after black mayor sworn in
- 01:34 Netflix buys a new 'Full House'
- 01:30 Kemp, Norris lead Padres' 17-hit attack in win over Rockies
- 01:10 Violence-plagued former cop, girlfriend found dead
- 00:56 Voter attempt to limit length of Alaska legislative sessions fails...
- 00:28 63% of Delawareans support death penalty, poll says
- 00:13 BRCA gene datashare will help detect cancer risk
- 00:13 What's Online Today: Highlights for April 21
- 23:38 Del. campus stands by security before shootings