Rising milk prices shrink profits for Dean Foods, U.S. retailers
Rising milk prices shrink profits for Dean Foods, U.S. retailers Raw milk prices have reached historically high levels, helping push Dean Foods to a first-quarter loss. Some retailers, however, have chosen to absorb the increase rather than risk alienating price-sensitive consumers.
The increase in the base price of a gallon of 2 percent milk across most of the United States has gone up at least 54 cents since last June, said Mary Ledman, who publishes the Daily Dairy Report, based in... read more
Most read news
- 01:01 Steve Yzerman voted as all-time favorite Red Wing; ex-teammates...
- 01:00 Dearborn ice cream man accused of war crimes due in court for...
- 00:59 Novi judge calls claims of running rogue court 'inaccurate and...
- 00:58 Live chat: Rainer Sabin answers Cowboys questions at noon Thursday;...
- 00:52 Sydney FC signs Austria's Janko as marquee recruit
- 00:46 Thursday's TV/Radio listings
- 00:27 Going gluten-free: Berkley author's health journey results in cookbook
- 00:26 Drew Sharp: Detroit Tigers need pieces for playoffs - but can they...
- 00:08 Nonprofit works to improve health of mothers, babies through...
- 23:56 Leaders behind Dallas-area prostitution ring plead guilty