Rising milk prices shrink profits for Dean Foods, U.S. retailers
Raw milk prices have reached historically high levels, helping push Dean Foods to a first-quarter loss. Some retailers, however, have chosen to absorb the increase rather than risk alienating price-sensitive consumers.
The increase in the base price of a gallon of 2 percent milk across most of the United States has gone up at least 54 cents since last June, said Mary Ledman, who publishes the Daily Dairy Report, based in Libertyville, Ill.
But the price paid by many shoppers has not increased... read more
Most read news
- 05:57 30? Tinder expects you to pay more for new app
- 04:57 Victims' parents sue over Elliot Rodger rampage
- 04:45 Tamir Rice's family to respond to city's blame, apology
- 04:38 Jalene's final wish comes true thanks to Taylor Swift
- 04:00 New Delhi gang-rapist: She shouldn't have fought back
- 03:51 Aces blow multiple road leads, fall 5-4 in shootout to Condors
- 03:51 East girls, West boys cruise in 1st round of CIC hoops
- 03:45 Body-camera maker has financial ties to police chiefs
- 02:47 Tucker park to be improved with amenities for bicyclists
- 02:41 911 dispatchers test working on treadmills