Rising milk prices shrink profits for Dean Foods, U.S. retailers
Raw milk prices have reached historically high levels, helping push Dean Foods to a first-quarter loss. Some retailers, however, have chosen to absorb the increase rather than risk alienating price-sensitive consumers.
The increase in the base price of a gallon of 2 percent milk across most of the United States has gone up at least 54 cents since last June, said Mary Ledman, who publishes the Daily Dairy Report, based in Libertyville, Ill.
But the price paid by many shoppers has not increased nearly that much.
“I see retailers absorbing the increase here in the Chicagoland,” she said. “It’s... read more
- 20:50 Alabama men fatally poisoned by carbon monoxide gas
- 20:18 Arizona commemorates 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor attack in...
- 19:36 Cuban entrepreneurs urge President-elect Trump to maintain...
- 19:23 Bella Hadid poses in NSFW Paper Magazine shoot
- 18:54 Readers' picks: Worst West Valley eyesores
- 18:52 FBI seeks public's help to catch 'Packing Pigeon Bandit' in Glendale
- 18:52 Downtown Southwest Valley: 10 don't-miss spots
- 18:52 Ultimate Arizona bucket list: 10 things to do in the Southwest Valley
- 18:37 DPS seeks help to ID body of man found on I-40
- 18:32 Downtown Gilbert: 10 don't-miss spots