Rising milk prices shrink profits for Dean Foods, U.S. retailers
Rising milk prices shrink profits for Dean Foods, U.S. retailers Raw milk prices have reached historically high levels, helping push Dean Foods to a first-quarter loss. Some retailers, however, have chosen to absorb the increase rather than risk alienating price-sensitive consumers.
The increase in the base price of a gallon of 2 percent milk across most of the United States has gone up at least 54 cents since last June, said Mary Ledman, who publishes the Daily Dairy Report, based in... read more
Most read news
- 08:58 The Times' Morning Update for Tuesday, July 22, 2014
- 08:56 AIDS pandemic may be reversed despite lack of cure
- 08:56 FSU addresses campus safety amid federal probe
- 08:55 Golf Glance
- 08:38 3 teens accused of graffiti felonies in Detroit to appear in court
- 08:16 Dallas ISD chief Mike Miles receives 2-year contract extension, no...
- 08:14 NFL and L.A. doing their same old dance, but is this tune different?
- 08:12 Paul Saginaw, Zingerman's co-founder, to be honored at White House...
- 08:07 Carlisle Cos. reports higher profit in 2nd quarter
- 08:06 Broward home sales, prices rose in June