Russian oil platform capsizes; 4 dead, 49 missing
Russian oil platform capsizes; 4 dead, 49 missing MOSCOW-An oil drilling platform has capsized in the Sea of Okhotsk off Russia's east coast, leaving four people reportedly dead and 49 missing.
The Emergencies Ministry said in a statement Sunday that there were 67 people aboard the platform as it was being towed about 200 kilometers (120 miles) off the coast of Sakhalin Island in stormy conditions. It said 14 people had been rescued.
Russian news agencies later cited ministry officials as... read more
Most read news
- 09:23 NC lawmakers ask: Does 75 mph really mean 85 mph?
- 09:17 FedEx 4Q profit drops as priority services lag
- 09:17 Airport bill pulled from committee agenda
- 09:17 Man, 87, allegedly shot stepson in the face for being a 'moocher'
- 09:17 Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai in 2014
- 09:15 Republican Sen. Grassley says IRS will pay out $70M in employee...
- 09:15 Flood damages Austrian UNESCO heritage site
- 09:15 Palestinian party toughens line on Israel talks
- 09:14 Flood damages Austrian UNESCO heritage site
- 08:23 FBI ‘Ten Most Wanted’ fugitive, wanted for child sex crimes, is...