Some Miami workers likely affected by additional cuts at American Airlines
Some Miami workers likely affected by additional cuts at American Airlines DALLAS -- (AP) American Airlines wants to eliminate 1,200 nonunion jobs as it cuts costs while under bankruptcy protection.
That pushes the company's overall job-cut target to 14,200. It announced plans in February to cut 13,000 union pilots, flight attendants and ground workers.
American, the nation's third-biggest airline, has about 73,000 workers. In South Florida, AA and regional carrier American Eagle employ about... read more
Most read news
- 17:56 Red Sox rally for 4 in 8th to beat Indians 7-4
- 17:56 Kyle Busch wins Nationwide race at Charlotte
- 17:48 Dickey takes 6th loss of season in 6-5 loss to O's
- 17:47 Indy 500 tightens security in wake of Boston bombings
- 17:45 Michigan 2, La.-Lafayette 1: Wolverines advance to Women's College...
- 17:43 Bayern Munich beats Borussia Dortmund in Champions League final
- 17:42 Ashley Lane comes up big again, sends U-M to College World Series
- 17:40 Robben's late goal gives Bayern 5th European title
- 17:37 Duke beats Cornell to advance to lacrossee final
- 17:25 Hamilton, Angels beat Royals 7-0 for 7th straight