Sprouts, Albertsons said to be in merger talks
The shares of Sprouts Farmers Market have jumped by more than 20 percent over the past week on speculation that the Phoenix-based chain of organic food stores could be acquired by Albertsons in a deal with potential impact to local shoppers and the companies' more than 18,000 combined Arizona workers.
A Bloomberg article late Sunday, without naming sources, reported that representatives of the two supermarket chains have held preliminary merger talks. Sprouts stock increased from under $18 a share to around $22 last week, closing Monday at $21.82 a share, down 20 cents a share for the day.... read more
- 19:55 Russia may be aiding Taliban in Afghanistan, top US general says
- 19:50 Motorcyclist faces 2nd-degree murder charge in crash that killed woman
- 19:50 Glendale police: Motorcycle passenger in fatal accident identified
- 19:25 Senate Moves to Permanently Kill the FCC's Broadband Privacy Rules
- 19:24 Pelham man pleads guilty to anabolic steroid distribution charges
- 18:57 Danny White on return to ASU: 'It's genetic with me'
- 18:52 German parliament considers changing 'father of house' rules
- 18:46 Third note threatening shooting at Flagstaff High School surfaces
- 18:46 Teen critical after car goes airborne, crashes into Jefferson...
- 18:37 UN condemns North Korea tests which contribute to nukes