Sydney train roof explodes; 1 hurt
Sydney commuters were left stunned when the roof of a train “exploded” as it approached a platform in the city’s inner west.
One man was injured after a roof hatch flew off the train at Burwood station on Monday afternoon.
SOUTH SUDAN PLANE CRASH LEAVES SEVERAL INJURED
Witnesses said the explosion sounded “like fireworks” with one reporting hearing an “almighty bang”.
The injured commuter was treated by paramedics at the scene.
A small fire in the roof had self-extinguished by the time New South Wales Fire and Rescue crews arrived.
The man who required treatment after the incident has... read more
- 19:50 Motorcyclist faces 2nd-degree murder charge in crash that killed woman
- 19:50 Glendale police: Motorcycle passenger in fatal accident identified
- 19:25 Senate Moves to Permanently Kill the FCC's Broadband Privacy Rules
- 18:57 Danny White on return to ASU: 'It's genetic with me'
- 18:52 German parliament considers changing 'father of house' rules
- 18:46 Third note threatening shooting at Flagstaff High School surfaces
- 18:37 UN condemns North Korea tests which contribute to nukes
- 18:37 Police: Mesa woman missing, endangered
- 18:18 Amber Alert update day 10: Possible SUV sighting in search for...
- 18:17 Ukraine ex-finance minister to oversee Puerto Rico crisis