Texas Senate committee approves 2-year budget plan
Texas Senate committee approves 2-year budget plan AUSTIN, Texas-A Texas Senate committee on Thursday approved the use of $3 billion from the state's Rainy Day Fund to help bring into balance the $176 billion state budget proposal for the next two years.
In all funds, the Senate plan would still make about $11 billion in cuts, compared to the current budget. But the cuts are much less severe than those in the bare-bones House version.
Bracing for a fight, Republican Sen. Steve Ogden said he's... read more
Most read news
- 19:43 Sox Game Day: Ready to move on from ump's call
- 19:41 The Tank in San Jose is tough, but it doesn't compare to old days
- 19:41 Obviously shows talent in winning American Handicap
- 19:41 Saturday's motors roundup: Kyle Busch continues dominance at Charlotte
- 19:36 St. Stephen's push halted in N.C. 3A Girls' Soccer final
- 19:33 Overton DQ'd at Colonial for using putting aid
- 19:33 Thousands walk, run final mile of Boston Marathon
- 19:32 Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- 19:21 Jeff Locke helps Pirates secure 5-2 win against Brewers
- 19:19 Twins snap skid with 3-2 win over Tigers