The Image Officer With a Lot to Fix
IT’S show time for Anne M. Finucane.
Her co-star on this day, Bill Clinton, is waiting offstage. The audience shifts in its seats. The spotlight goes up and ... action!
It’s a Thursday in early December, at a conference center near Orlando, and Ms. Finucane is busy shaping an image. Or, rather, trying to reshape one. This choreographed interview with the former president before a select group of businesspeople is, in fact, part of a much larger effort to rehabilitate one of the most demonized corporations in America.
That company is Ms. Finucane’s employer, Bank of America. Until recently,... read more
- 05:56 Egypt moves to tighten borders after migrant ship tragedy
- 05:39 Suicide bomber targets Shiites in Iraqi capital, kills 7
- 05:32 Jordanian writer gunned down outside courthouse
- 05:08 Qatar names Fossati to coach national soccer team
- 05:02 Bosnian Serbs vote in referendum banned by top court
- 04:20 ASU makes key plays on both sides in third comeback win
- 04:00 'Do The Right Thing' actor Bill Nunn dies at 62
- 03:21 Police: Bear in mind, it’s no major alarm
- 03:06 Clinton, Trump to meet separately with Israel PM Netanyahu
- 02:56 China begins operating world's largest radio telescope