Trauma patients more likely to survive if rescued by helicopter
Trauma patients more likely to survive if rescued by helicopter Emergency medical helicopters are certainly dramatic (especially on TV shows like "ER" and "Grey's Anatomy"), but are they really so much better than ambulances that they're worth the extra cost? A new study says the answer is yes.
Researchers from the University of Maryland School of Medicine culled data from the National Trauma Data Bank on 61,909 patients who were transported to a hospital via helicopter... read more
Most read news
- 02:17 Afghan president's forces taking security lead
- 02:14 Man plunges out third-story window after crooks breakÂ into his...
- 02:14 Christine Quinnâ€™s memoir, â€˜With Patience and Fortitude,â€™ plunging...
- 02:11 Norris touched up in 6th, Astros lose to WSox 4-2
- 02:10 Pakistan's leader to resign as military chief
- 02:06 Kim Kardashian's new baby helps Kris Jenner steal Daytime Emmys...
- 01:52 All JSU teams clear NCAA academic threshold; no teams face penalties
- 01:45 RSC receives grant from Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation
- 01:18 Sarah Palin says she bets Obama regrets picking Biden over Hillary
- 01:17 Many Michigan colleges do poor job preparing teachers for class,...