UN chief hails flexibility of Myanmar's Suu Kyi
UN chief hails flexibility of Myanmar's Suu Kyi YANGON, Myanmar (AP) — U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, winding up a trip to encourage reforms in Myanmar, praised opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi on Tuesday for supporting democratization by making a political compromise.Ban said after meeting Suu Kyi that he admired her for agreeing to drop a demand that the wording of the oath of office be changed before her party members take their seats in parliament, which is expected Wednesday.Suu... read more
Most read news
- 01:30 Clippers, Celtics talk Doc Rivers, Kevin Garnett, but no deal yet
- 01:29 Today's crooks aim high to lay low
- 01:29 Famed 'Seinfeld Soup Nazi' Al Yeganeh a no-show at reopening of The...
- 01:29 Ichiro Suzuki proving valuable to banged up Yankees lineup
- 01:28 Constitution may not protect Detroit's pensions
- 01:28 Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age 51
- 01:24 Norris, As hurting after 9-4 loss to Texas
- 01:24 RMC opening critical care clinic in Piedmont
- 01:18 Gov. Cuomo vows to clean up NY’s capital after rash of corruption...
- 01:14 Gov't report: Smooth launch unsure for health law