Universal Music wins union support to acquire EMI
Universal Music wins union support to acquire EMI LOS ANGELES -- Universal Music Group has won the qualified support of two North American artists' unions for its proposed $1.9 billion acquisition of the recorded music division of the U.K.'s EMI Group Ltd.
The unions gave their conditional backing in letters to the Federal Trade Commission.
In their letters, SAG-AFTRA and the American Federation of Musicians said they would support the deal if there were adequate mechanisms to ensure that... read more
Most read news
- 12:32 Community Board 1 supports $1 billion Hallets Point project in...
- 12:31 big shows
- 12:31 ‘Epic' doesn't quite live up to its title
- 12:31 new on DVD
- 12:29 Brad Richards benched for NY Rangers in Game 4¬†against Bruins¬†
- 12:28 European Tour CEO apologizes for saying 'colored'
- 12:26 Report: 3 pawn-shop robbers caught after pursuit
- 12:26 Vicksburg marks anniversary of Civil War siege
- 12:25 Appellate court: Berlusconi ran illegal scheme
- 12:24 'Fast & Furious¬†6,' movie review