Video claims north Alabama bus driver was speeding 70 mph on a curvy country road
A Facebook video that allegedly shows a bus driver traveling 70 mph on a curvy country road in Franklin County has prompted an investigation by the school system.
The video, which was taken just after 3 p.m. Friday by Kelly Bragwell, has been viewed thousands of times. In the video, Bragwell says the speed limit on the road is 45 mph. But, he told AL.com he later learned the speed limit is 35 mph on that particular stretch of road.
"We are aware of the video that was posted on Facebook and we are investigating it at this time," said Franklin County Superintendent Greg Hamilton.... read more
- 13:21 3 soldiers dead as armed men attack northern Mali army base
- 13:21 Special needs school raises money for clean water
- 13:21 Hance Park moves toward $118 million makeover in downtown Phoenix
- 12:57 Trump signals new hope for ObamaCare overall, says 'Do not worry!'
- 12:44 Somalia's proposed new cabinet challenged by lawmakers
- 12:37 Americans' attacking style in World Cup qualifying win shows the...
- 12:28 3 dead as Bangladesh government troops raid militants
- 12:28 US military plane makes emergency landing in Indonesia
- 12:18 Congolese militia decapitates more than 40 police: Officials
- 12:14 Security, parking, garbage irk Ivanka Trump's D.C. neighbors