Virginia woman adjusts to life as triple amputee after contracting rare flesh-eating bacteria and mysteriously falling ill
Virginia woman adjusts to life as triple amputee after contracting rare flesh-eating bacteria and mysteriously falling ill From her hospital bed, Iva Forney dreamt a man was “cutting off body parts.”
She dreamt she was on a boat with her feet dangling in the water, and they were freezing.
When she woke from a two-week coma at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Virginia, her right hand was amputated and her toes were blue. Doctors would soon cut off both her feet, too.
It had taken just 24 short... read more
Most read news
- 17:47 $1 million bond set in killing of Michigan man
- 17:45 Rangers put Jake Smolinski on DL, make Jerome Williams their 31st...
- 17:37 Guest lineups for the Sunday news shows
- 17:37 Snyder raises $3.3M for campaign, Schauer $2.8M
- 17:31 Hornets re-sign point guard Jannero Pargo
- 17:19 Good Grief! Lifetime drops reality TV show on Texas mortuary
- 17:19 Follow Panthers Fan Fest Live on Twitter
- 17:19 Convention center overhaul forcing travel trade show out of Miami...
- 16:27 Poll: 7 in 10 likely voters ‘concerned' about climate...
- 15:01 Arrests, incidents reports for July 24, 2014