Virginia woman adjusts to life as triple amputee after contracting rare flesh-eating bacteria and mysteriously falling ill
From her hospital bed, Iva Forney dreamt a man was “cutting off body parts.”
She dreamt she was on a boat with her feet dangling in the water, and they were freezing.
When she woke from a two-week coma at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Virginia, her right hand was amputated and her toes were blue. Doctors would soon cut off both her feet, too.
It had taken just 24 short hours for the 51-year-old bank manager’s limbs to start dying after she was infected with the same bacteria that causes... read more
Most read news
- 01:07 NASCAR in safety scramble to protect drivers from catastrophe
- 00:55 Walker's budget moves don't inspire confidence
- 00:55 Medicaid expansion promises timely economic boost for Alaska
- 00:55 We've just expanded freedom, and talk radio goes hysterical
- 00:55 Walker's oil-tax credit delay breaks a deal and fails to save a dime
- 00:43 Great and gracious, Kilian Jornet conquers Mount Marathon in record...
- 00:30 Orlando City earns 1-1 draw with Real Salt Lake despite Kaká red card
- 00:03 But seriously ... Trump is a farce to be reckoned with
- 23:53 Dillon wins wreck-filled Xfinity race
- 23:46 China shoe factory collapses, killing at least 9