Virginia woman adjusts to life as triple amputee after contracting rare flesh-eating bacteria and mysteriously falling ill
From her hospital bed, Iva Forney dreamt a man was “cutting off body parts.”
She dreamt she was on a boat with her feet dangling in the water, and they were freezing.
When she woke from a two-week coma at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Virginia, her right hand was amputated and her toes were blue. Doctors would soon cut off both her feet, too.
It had taken just 24 short hours for the 51-year-old bank manager’s limbs to start dying after she was infected with the same bacteria that causes... read more
Most read news
- 18:03 It's here: Carolina Panthers ready to face ‘Steve Smith Week'
- 18:03 Carolina Panthers' choices: Sit Cam Newton until he's healthy, or...
- 18:03 A first: NC State hosts No. 1 team in football
- 17:56 Amelie's French Bakery could be coming to south Charlotte
- 17:33 Islamic State spokesman calls for ‘lone-wolf' attacks in West
- 17:30 Phoenix police seek shooter in weekend murder
- 17:23 Texas' Tyrone Swoopes expects to be in the College Football Playoff
- 17:10 UNC coach Larry Fedora remains committed to approach
- 17:10 Canes' owner would entertain offers at $400 million plus
- 17:10 DeCock: Ready or not, Brissett faces biggest test yet against...