Virginia woman adjusts to life as triple amputee after contracting rare flesh-eating bacteria and mysteriously falling ill
From her hospital bed, Iva Forney dreamt a man was “cutting off body parts.”
She dreamt she was on a boat with her feet dangling in the water, and they were freezing.
When she woke from a two-week coma at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Virginia, her right hand was amputated and her toes were blue. Doctors would soon cut off both her feet, too.
It had taken just 24 short hours for the 51-year-old bank manager’s limbs to start dying after she was infected with the same bacteria that causes... read more
Most read news
- 13:18 Celeb superlatives: Super Bowl edition
- 13:13 Starbucks adds 3 new drinks for Valentine's Day
- 12:57 Dixville Notch has company: Another N.H. town revives midnight voting
- 12:47 Study: Your cat's color may predict attitude
- 12:33 Reports: Bills' LeSean McCoy involved in fight with off-duty cops...
- 12:31 Top 6 reasons employees quit
- 12:04 Countdown to Yeezy: Kanye West's 5 best songs
- 12:04 Vince Gill: 'Hopefully this is best album I've ever done'
- 11:30 New York Knicks fire head coach Derek Fisher
- 11:29 Tim Cook gets grief for blurry Super Bowl photo