Virginia woman adjusts to life as triple amputee after contracting rare flesh-eating bacteria and mysteriously falling ill
From her hospital bed, Iva Forney dreamt a man was “cutting off body parts.”
She dreamt she was on a boat with her feet dangling in the water, and they were freezing.
When she woke from a two-week coma at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Virginia, her right hand was amputated and her toes were blue. Doctors would soon cut off both her feet, too.
It had taken just 24 short hours for the 51-year-old bank manager’s limbs to start dying after she was infected with the same bacteria that causes... read more
Most read news
- 11:26 E! is doing Jenner reality show after all
- 10:20 Image aside, minivans are hard to beat as family haulers
- 09:51 Doubling your money: The 'rule of 72'
- 09:29 Nepal quake occurred at major plate boundary
- 09:23 Nepal quake occurred at major plate boundary
- 09:23 Return of the king: The best headphones got better
- 09:16 Financial planning for the freelance worker
- 09:02 Climbing team on Mt. Everest safe after Nepal quake
- 09:01 A boss often can fire you while you're hospitalized
- 08:38 Countries spending the most on war