Virginia woman adjusts to life as triple amputee after contracting rare flesh-eating bacteria and mysteriously falling ill
From her hospital bed, Iva Forney dreamt a man was “cutting off body parts.”
She dreamt she was on a boat with her feet dangling in the water, and they were freezing.
When she woke from a two-week coma at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Virginia, her right hand was amputated and her toes were blue. Doctors would soon cut off both her feet, too.
It had taken just 24 short hours for the 51-year-old bank manager’s limbs to start dying after she was infected with the same bacteria that causes... read more
Most read news
- 17:28 Women's Top 25 Capsules
- 17:18 Petkovic grills sausages, Darmstadt draws 0-0 with Cologne
- 16:53 Chatkevicius, Notice lead South Carolina over Lipscomb 92-76
- 16:40 Les Miles tells LSU booster group Saturday's game will be his last
- 16:33 Western Michigan upsets No. 24 Toledo to give NIU division
- 15:48 No. 21 Houston cruises past No. 15 Navy 52-31, clinches AAC West
- 15:39 Shoppers in tony Beverly Hills find bargains
- 15:34 Prince 25 points for Baylor in 94-72 win over Arkansas State
- 15:34 Allen's late layup gives Stanford 69-66 win over Arkansas
- 15:28 No. 11 Gonzaga holds off No. 21 UConn 73-70