Virginia woman adjusts to life as triple amputee after contracting rare flesh-eating bacteria and mysteriously falling ill
From her hospital bed, Iva Forney dreamt a man was “cutting off body parts.”
She dreamt she was on a boat with her feet dangling in the water, and they were freezing.
When she woke from a two-week coma at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Virginia, her right hand was amputated and her toes were blue. Doctors would soon cut off both her feet, too.
It had taken just 24 short hours for the 51-year-old bank manager’s limbs to start dying after she was infected with the same bacteria that causes... read more
Most read news
- 14:09 Are Donald Trump and Ben Carson closet Democrats?
- 14:00 Justin Bieber sets Spotify streaming record
- 13:58 Why Europe's migrant crisis is surging now
- 13:57 Tom Joyner reunion: Good times
- 13:53 Report: Prosecutors seek death penalty in Charleston Church massacre
- 13:46 1 hurt in salvage-yard fire, E. Colonial blocked`
- 13:36 Developer seeks zoning for 10,000 homes near Lake Nona
- 13:30 Osceola school custodian charged with molesting 12-year-old student
- 13:15 Mel Gibson won't be charged in clash with Sydney photographer
- 13:13 Supreme Court asked to uphold abortion rights