Virginia woman adjusts to life as triple amputee after contracting rare flesh-eating bacteria and mysteriously falling ill
From her hospital bed, Iva Forney dreamt a man was “cutting off body parts.”
She dreamt she was on a boat with her feet dangling in the water, and they were freezing.
When she woke from a two-week coma at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Virginia, her right hand was amputated and her toes were blue. Doctors would soon cut off both her feet, too.
It had taken just 24 short hours for the 51-year-old bank manager’s limbs to start dying after she was infected with the same bacteria that causes flesh-eating disease.
FACTS ABOUT THE BACTERIA: HOW TO STAY SAFE
“It’s weird, but I was prepared for it... read more
- 03:18 Healthy Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love give LeBron James 'a different...
- 03:08 LeBron, Cavs confident, healthy as they return to NBA Finals
- 03:08 Chinese state media promote rap song glorifying Karl Marx
- 03:05 Police turn attention to Northern California coast in search for...
- 03:05 Search for missing teen focuses on Northern California coast
- 03:03 35 protesters arrested outside of Trump rally in San Diego
- 02:52 Darryl McDaniels blasts New York police commissioner for rap comments
- 02:35 Colombian rebels free Spanish journalist, 2 others
- 02:35 How Alibaba won _ and lost _ a friend in Washington
- 02:35 Putin blasts West on first trip to EU country this year