Virginia woman adjusts to life as triple amputee after contracting rare flesh-eating bacteria and mysteriously falling ill
From her hospital bed, Iva Forney dreamt a man was “cutting off body parts.”
She dreamt she was on a boat with her feet dangling in the water, and they were freezing.
When she woke from a two-week coma at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Virginia, her right hand was amputated and her toes were blue. Doctors would soon cut off both her feet, too.
It had taken just 24 short hours for the 51-year-old bank manager’s limbs to start dying after she was infected with the same bacteria that causes... read more
Most read news
- 15:41 Nationals put Stephen Strasburg on DL with stiff neck
- 15:38 Columbus Crew at Orlando City match preview
- 15:38 Rand Paul says he'll force expiration of Patriot Act
- 15:23 More out-of-state students applying to Florida universities
- 15:21 Serena Williams survives scare vs. Victoria Azarenka at French Open
- 14:54 Let gridlock bury mass surveillance, preserve U.S. right to privacy
- 14:53 Disney's Animal Kingdom: Harambe Market now open
- 14:47 FHP: 22-year-old killed, 2 passengers hurt in early morning crash
- 14:47 Disney's Animal Kingdom: Harambe Market now open
- 14:35 Paris removing all 'love locks' from Pont des Arts bridge