Virginia woman adjusts to life as triple amputee after contracting rare flesh-eating bacteria and mysteriously falling ill
From her hospital bed, Iva Forney dreamt a man was “cutting off body parts.”
She dreamt she was on a boat with her feet dangling in the water, and they were freezing.
When she woke from a two-week coma at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Virginia, her right hand was amputated and her toes were blue. Doctors would soon cut off both her feet, too.
It had taken just 24 short hours for the 51-year-old bank manager’s limbs to start dying after she was infected with the same bacteria that causes... read more
Most read news
- 06:55 Weekend picks for book lovers
- 06:53 Robbers strike at Berlin's famed KaDeWe store
- 06:53 Australian woman arrested in deaths of 8 children
- 05:16 Falling oil prices worry Algeria
- 05:14 Bombings kill 10 in Iraq
- 02:35 Ferguson prosecutor: Some witnesses clearly lied
- 02:30 Previewing Saturday's bowl games
- 01:42 The Public Record: December 12, 2014 - December 19, 2014
- 01:42 Father of Jacksonville man killed by police hopes for reform of...
- 01:42 Jacksonville weighing a round of changes to alcohol laws