Virginia woman adjusts to life as triple amputee after contracting rare flesh-eating bacteria and mysteriously falling ill
From her hospital bed, Iva Forney dreamt a man was “cutting off body parts.”
She dreamt she was on a boat with her feet dangling in the water, and they were freezing.
When she woke from a two-week coma at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Virginia, her right hand was amputated and her toes were blue. Doctors would soon cut off both her feet, too.
It had taken just 24 short hours for the 51-year-old bank manager’s limbs to start dying after she was infected with the same bacteria that causes... read more
Most read news
- 14:08 In Selma, NAACP begins march to Washington
- 14:06 Lakeland grandfather, granddaughter found murdered
- 13:36 Canadian PM kicks off election campaign
- 13:28 Frontier Airlines flights expand from Florida
- 13:22 Former UCF assistant David Kelly lands preseason job with Arizona...
- 13:19 A marine tragedy: Steinbeck boat follows collapse of West Coast...
- 13:19 Grillin’ like an Alaska villain
- 13:19 Where young Alaskans' artistic dreams come true
- 13:19 Death to a deadbeat dam
- 13:07 Suspect arrested in Pine Hills murder