Virginia woman adjusts to life as triple amputee after contracting rare flesh-eating bacteria and mysteriously falling ill
From her hospital bed, Iva Forney dreamt a man was “cutting off body parts.”
She dreamt she was on a boat with her feet dangling in the water, and they were freezing.
When she woke from a two-week coma at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Virginia, her right hand was amputated and her toes were blue. Doctors would soon cut off both her feet, too.
It had taken just 24 short hours for the 51-year-old bank manager’s limbs to start dying after she was infected with the same bacteria that causes... read more
Most read news
- 03:47 Red Cross official: 6 months to contain Ebola
- 03:40 Sweden closes probe into 2010 suicide bombing
- 03:28 U.S. Marine supected of murder in Philippine custody
- 03:01 Metro Phoenix: Multicultural pockets but also swaths of sameness
- 02:53 Arizona Cardinals kicking 'Cat Man' continues to court perfection
- 02:53 Notes: Phoenix Suns get real look, real finish in preseason game...
- 02:49 Marine suspect guarded by US in Philippine camp
- 02:41 Bedouin Israeli doctor mysteriously turns jihadi
- 01:13 Young rattles Wasilla High students with 'hurtful' remark about...
- 00:45 Embattled Pinal constable hopeful fights back