Virginia woman adjusts to life as triple amputee after contracting rare flesh-eating bacteria and mysteriously falling ill
From her hospital bed, Iva Forney dreamt a man was “cutting off body parts.”
She dreamt she was on a boat with her feet dangling in the water, and they were freezing.
When she woke from a two-week coma at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Virginia, her right hand was amputated and her toes were blue. Doctors would soon cut off both her feet, too.
It had taken just 24 short hours for the 51-year-old bank manager’s limbs to start dying after she was infected with the same bacteria that causes... read more
Most read news
- 05:37 Week-long CIC hoops tournament begins Monday
- 05:21 Surveillance video appears to show missing London girls
- 04:18 Thousands set to march for slain Boris Nemtsov
- 03:44 UAA caps long week of home-snow racing with Locatelli's podium finish
- 03:44 Brennan, Bjornsen wrap up world championships with top-20 efforts
- 03:30 Saturday night's boys basketball results
- 02:57 Call '8,000 Miles Across Alaska' an instant classic of Alaska...
- 02:40 Prince William commemorates Japan tsunami victims
- 01:57 Saturday night's girls basketball round-up
- 01:57 Loss in Colorado illustrates Aces' goalie dilemma