Virginia woman adjusts to life as triple amputee after contracting rare flesh-eating bacteria and mysteriously falling ill
From her hospital bed, Iva Forney dreamt a man was “cutting off body parts.”
She dreamt she was on a boat with her feet dangling in the water, and they were freezing.
When she woke from a two-week coma at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Virginia, her right hand was amputated and her toes were blue. Doctors would soon cut off both her feet, too.
It had taken just 24 short hours for the 51-year-old bank manager’s limbs to start dying after she was infected with the same bacteria that causes... read more
Most read news
- 11:01 US unemployment benefit applications plunge to 15-year low
- 10:42 Attacks kill 16 people in Iraq
- 10:29 ACC football schedule for 2015
- 10:15 Judge orders accounts of former Petrobras president opened
- 10:08 Jeff Bridges' Super Bowl ad may put you to sleep
- 10:08 Melissa Gilbert happy to be rid of breast implants
- 10:08 'Thorn Birds' author Colleen McCullough dies
- 10:08 Exclusive excerpt from new Sophie Kinsella
- 09:44 Find a thinner, stronger you on your next vacation
- 09:37 Angry youths stone Nigerian leader's convoy; police fire gas