Virginia woman adjusts to life as triple amputee after contracting rare flesh-eating bacteria and mysteriously falling ill
From her hospital bed, Iva Forney dreamt a man was “cutting off body parts.”
She dreamt she was on a boat with her feet dangling in the water, and they were freezing.
When she woke from a two-week coma at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Virginia, her right hand was amputated and her toes were blue. Doctors would soon cut off both her feet, too.
It had taken just 24 short hours for the 51-year-old bank manager’s limbs to start dying after she was infected with the same bacteria that causes... read more
Most read news
- 08:34 Christie gets tough with heckler over Sandy progress
- 08:13 Halloween scene resembling a lynching taken down
- 08:12 Obama's overnight in Rhode Island to make history
- 08:08 Police: Jogger struck by car; westbound lanes of Steele Creek closed
- 08:06 Wanted in US, Roman Polanski questioned in Poland
- 07:59 South Africans mourn sport deaths
- 07:54 Israeli police kill suspected Palestinian shooter
- 07:51 Stocks mostly gain after Fed ends stimulus
- 07:29 UK court says Libyan can sue over rendition
- 07:12 Peshmerga troops start entering Syrian border town