Virginia woman adjusts to life as triple amputee after contracting rare flesh-eating bacteria and mysteriously falling ill
From her hospital bed, Iva Forney dreamt a man was “cutting off body parts.”
She dreamt she was on a boat with her feet dangling in the water, and they were freezing.
When she woke from a two-week coma at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Virginia, her right hand was amputated and her toes were blue. Doctors would soon cut off both her feet, too.
It had taken just 24 short hours for the 51-year-old bank manager’s limbs to start dying after she was infected with the same bacteria that causes... read more
Most read news
- 09:13 Colleagues: US doctor with Ebola was very careful
- 09:10 Botswana ruling party shows early lead in election
- 09:03 Tailgate Debate: Is Ole Miss at risk against LSU?
- 08:41 Nightengale: Royals relievers have club halfway to title
- 08:41 Seven for Sunday: Cardinals' D holds key against Eagles
- 07:26 Egypt leader: Foreign hands behind Sinai attack
- 06:48 Millions volunteer for Make A Difference Day
- 06:46 Allman Brothers' final shows haunt the Beacon
- 06:23 WHO: Number of Ebola cases passes 10,000
- 05:45 Web to Watch: 5 Best videos of the week