Virginia woman adjusts to life as triple amputee after contracting rare flesh-eating bacteria and mysteriously falling ill
Virginia woman adjusts to life as triple amputee after contracting rare flesh-eating bacteria and mysteriously falling ill From her hospital bed, Iva Forney dreamt a man was “cutting off body parts.”
She dreamt she was on a boat with her feet dangling in the water, and they were freezing.
When she woke from a two-week coma at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Virginia, her right hand was amputated and her toes were blue. Doctors would soon cut off both her feet, too.
It had taken just 24 short... read more
Most read news
- 03:20 Price tag for new Tampa area expressway is $454M
- 03:11 19 swimmers drown off Pakistan beaches
- 02:43 China allows foreign reporters at news conference
- 02:39 China allows foreign reporters at news conference
- 01:18 Firefighter’s widow demands answers from Dallas Fire-Rescue
- 01:00 Dearborn ice cream man accused of war crimes due in court for...
- 01:00 Owners of dogs involved in fatal attack in U.S. illegally, feds say
- 01:00 Wayne State to offer 30% discount on summer classes for some students
- 00:59 Ballot proposal to phase out tax on equipment has broad support
- 00:08 Nonprofit works to improve health of mothers, babies through...