Virginia woman adjusts to life as triple amputee after contracting rare flesh-eating bacteria and mysteriously falling ill
From her hospital bed, Iva Forney dreamt a man was “cutting off body parts.”
She dreamt she was on a boat with her feet dangling in the water, and they were freezing.
When she woke from a two-week coma at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Virginia, her right hand was amputated and her toes were blue. Doctors would soon cut off both her feet, too.
It had taken just 24 short hours for the 51-year-old bank manager’s limbs to start dying after she was infected with the same bacteria that causes... read more
Most read news
- 00:56 Engel returns home for Shootout, hungry for a title
- 00:20 AP Photos: Refuge takes smuggled monkeys in Chile
- 00:05 Report: Hanley Ramirez agrees to five-year deal with Red Sox
- 00:05 Bell: LeSean McCoy, Eagles set sights on Cowboys
- 00:05 LeBron James was right: Cavaliers need more time
- 00:05 Marijuana entrepreneurs already lining up to hold trade shows
- 23:25 Charlotte 49ers falter against Miami Hurricanes in Charleston...
- 23:23 Fort Sam Houston on lockdown; man in custody
- 23:14 1 injured in west Charlotte shooting
- 21:38 Anthony Foxx: Funding bill needed to keep pace with growth