Wal-Mart’s 1Q earnings up 3 pct, powered by overseas stores; US Walmart sales still weak
Wal-Mart’s 1Q earnings up 3 pct, powered by overseas stores; US Walmart sales still weak NEW YORK - Rising gas prices are adding another obstacle to Wal-Mart Stores Inc.’s campaign to reverse a two-year U.S. sales slump.
Strong overseas revenue, growth at Sam’s Club and Wal-Mart’s specialty - cost-cutting - pushed the world’s largest retailer’s net income up 3 percent in the first quarter, beating Wall Street expectations.
But business at home is still soft. Wal-Mart says it is... read more
Most read news
- 20:40 Dallas Police Association responds to convicted cop killer's...
- 20:37 Miami Dade College students support Padrón, protest at...
- 20:36 Knicks sign ex-Maverick Lamar Odom; deal reunites him with Phil...
- 19:45 Review: Chris O'Dowd shines in 'Of Mice and Men'
- 18:57 Dallas police: Pleasant Grove smoke shop robbed 3 times since April 6
- 18:49 Warren mayor says atheist can't put up 'reason station' inside city...
- 18:47 Second fetish model arrested in Miami animal torture porn case
- 18:10 UM law students dig into healthcare policy to help a patient get...
- 18:10 Miami review panel clears police in shooting
- 17:44 Recordings surface in New Mexico governor race