Wal-Mart’s 1Q earnings up 3 pct, powered by overseas stores; US Walmart sales still weak
Wal-Mart’s 1Q earnings up 3 pct, powered by overseas stores; US Walmart sales still weak NEW YORK - Rising gas prices are adding another obstacle to Wal-Mart Stores Inc.’s campaign to reverse a two-year U.S. sales slump.
Strong overseas revenue, growth at Sam’s Club and Wal-Mart’s specialty - cost-cutting - pushed the world’s largest retailer’s net income up 3 percent in the first quarter, beating Wall Street expectations.
But business at home is still soft. Wal-Mart says it is... read more
Most read news
- 09:16 Hershey's profit rises but sales fall short
- 09:13 Deadly crash shuts down stretch of the MacArthur Causeway
- 09:04 Canada's FM visits Auschwitz death camp memorial
- 09:01 Man shot outside Detroit gentlemen's club in critical condition,...
- 08:57 Detroit Lions gush about Sammy Watkins: 'He'd be a great addition'
- 08:33 UK police seek to halt Brits joining Syria rebels
- 08:09 Police union: Cut private guards, hire cops for Ultra
- 08:07 United loses $609M in 1Q; fares don't cover costs
- 06:55 Deadly crash shuts down stretch of the MacArthur Causeway
- 06:07 What to Watch on Thursday: A big cameo on ‘Parks and Rec'...