Wal-Mart’s 1Q earnings up 3 pct, powered by overseas stores; US Walmart sales still weak
Wal-Mart’s 1Q earnings up 3 pct, powered by overseas stores; US Walmart sales still weak NEW YORK - Rising gas prices are adding another obstacle to Wal-Mart Stores Inc.’s campaign to reverse a two-year U.S. sales slump.
Strong overseas revenue, growth at Sam’s Club and Wal-Mart’s specialty - cost-cutting - pushed the world’s largest retailer’s net income up 3 percent in the first quarter, beating Wall Street expectations.
But business at home is still soft. Wal-Mart says it is... read more
Most read news
- 14:48 Cameron Diaz' new 'Body Book' is all about nutrition, health and...
- 14:48 Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older adults, panel says
- 14:42 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' trailer debuts: Gary Oldman fights...
- 14:42 Fight Hunger Bowl keeps cause after losing sponsor
- 14:40 Promotion will keep Norvell with Sun Devils
- 14:40 Hoefl-Riesch fastest in WCup training; Vonn 12th
- 14:39 Extra Points: Leadership lacking in Dallas
- 14:39 Redskins' Fletcher: '99 percent' chance he retires
- 14:38 Vincent Viola’s $114M mansion is gift-wrapped on the Upper East Side
- 14:37 Lucie Arnaz recalls Christmas with Lucy, Desi