Wal-Mart’s 1Q earnings up 3 pct, powered by overseas stores; US Walmart sales still weak
Wal-Mart’s 1Q earnings up 3 pct, powered by overseas stores; US Walmart sales still weak NEW YORK - Rising gas prices are adding another obstacle to Wal-Mart Stores Inc.’s campaign to reverse a two-year U.S. sales slump.
Strong overseas revenue, growth at Sam’s Club and Wal-Mart’s specialty - cost-cutting - pushed the world’s largest retailer’s net income up 3 percent in the first quarter, beating Wall Street expectations.
But business at home is still soft. Wal-Mart says it is... read more
Most read news
- 00:55 All mended, Kenny Chery on tear across stat sheet, keys Baylor's...
- 00:50 Mets keeping eye on shortstop market
- 00:44 American Heritage legacies live on after high school baseball
- 00:44 FIU honors a fallen hero by renaming softball field
- 00:43 Streaking Brooklyn Nets will test Miami Heat, especially on the boards
- 00:43 Public Advocate Letitia James wants NYC to offer free lunch to all...
- 00:41 Rape suspect Hugues Akassy attacked me too, prosecutor says
- 00:18 Alex Rodriguez expects to be in top form for New York Yankees in...
- 00:17 Yes, Barack Obama can lead with great style
- 22:31 Carolina Panthers roll out financial literacy program at Mallard...