Wal-Mart’s 1Q earnings up 3 pct, powered by overseas stores; US Walmart sales still weak
Wal-Mart’s 1Q earnings up 3 pct, powered by overseas stores; US Walmart sales still weak NEW YORK - Rising gas prices are adding another obstacle to Wal-Mart Stores Inc.’s campaign to reverse a two-year U.S. sales slump.
Strong overseas revenue, growth at Sam’s Club and Wal-Mart’s specialty - cost-cutting - pushed the world’s largest retailer’s net income up 3 percent in the first quarter, beating Wall Street expectations.
But business at home is still soft. Wal-Mart says it is... read more
Most read news
- 20:43 Hairopoulos: Henry Melton could be key for Cowboys; why they will...
- 20:41 ESPN suspends Stephen A. Smith over domestic violence remarks
- 20:41 Wednesday's TV/Radio listings
- 20:41 Moore: Here's your No. 2 Cowboys running back this season
- 20:41 Evan Grant answers Rangers questions at 11 a.m. Wednesday; ask...
- 20:38 Dallas-area home-price gains in May smallest since last summer
- 20:31 Young Jewish professionals launch crowdsourcing fundraiser to buy...
- 20:28 Investigation, evidence collection questioned in Renisha McBride...
- 20:21 Harris passes physical, will return to practice
- 20:21 Broncos activate CB Harris from PUP list