Wal-Mart’s 1Q earnings up 3 pct, powered by overseas stores; US Walmart sales still weak
Wal-Mart’s 1Q earnings up 3 pct, powered by overseas stores; US Walmart sales still weak NEW YORK - Rising gas prices are adding another obstacle to Wal-Mart Stores Inc.’s campaign to reverse a two-year U.S. sales slump.
Strong overseas revenue, growth at Sam’s Club and Wal-Mart’s specialty - cost-cutting - pushed the world’s largest retailer’s net income up 3 percent in the first quarter, beating Wall Street expectations.
But business at home is still soft. Wal-Mart says it is... read more
Most read news
- 03:59 Margaret Dugan & George Angelis
- 03:45 Deriding Hil's coattails
- 03:45 Safety recalls: Child products & toys
- 03:34 Conservative conference highlights murky tax laws
- 03:34 Boehner dances between GOP, Dems on immigration
- 03:34 Senators closing in on border security compromise
- 03:07 Don't try to force brother to help with ailing mother
- 03:03 NEW YORK'S GUV AFFAIR. City men can't help but (platonically) crush...
- 02:12 Pet Vet: Where can I find homemade pet food recipes?
- 02:07 San Francisco 'landlords from hell' agree to prison terms