Wal-Mart’s 1Q earnings up 3 pct, powered by overseas stores; US Walmart sales still weak
Wal-Mart’s 1Q earnings up 3 pct, powered by overseas stores; US Walmart sales still weak NEW YORK - Rising gas prices are adding another obstacle to Wal-Mart Stores Inc.’s campaign to reverse a two-year U.S. sales slump.
Strong overseas revenue, growth at Sam’s Club and Wal-Mart’s specialty - cost-cutting - pushed the world’s largest retailer’s net income up 3 percent in the first quarter, beating Wall Street expectations.
But business at home is still soft. Wal-Mart says it is... read more
Most read news
- 07:29 Ascension council agrees to new tax plan
- 07:26 Man accused of stealing jewelry from dead woman
- 07:21 Iraqi cleric urges leaders not to delay government
- 07:21 Greece striker Samaras signs for West Brom
- 07:16 Congressman's office sorry for Soviet medals in ad
- 07:13 Defending champion Horner out of Spanish Vuelta
- 06:49 Upgraded software coming to WV library consortium
- 05:49 Jewish Detroit school to open $5M expansion
- 05:47 Michigan police ID suspect in case of tampered vitamins
- 05:26 Tunisia crackdown raises fears of rights rollback