White House tries to distance Trump from campaign aides
WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House is distancing itself from two former senior members of Donald Trump's team, amid an FBI investigation into possible connections between Trump "associates" and Russia.
White House press secretary Sean Spicer on Monday referred to Trump's former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, as a "volunteer of the campaign." And he said Paul Manafort, who ran Trump's campaign for months, "played a very limited role for a very limited amount of time."
"And so to start to look at some individual that was there for a short period of... read more
- 19:50 Motorcyclist faces 2nd-degree murder charge in crash that killed woman
- 19:50 Glendale police: Motorcycle passenger in fatal accident identified
- 19:25 Senate Moves to Permanently Kill the FCC's Broadband Privacy Rules
- 19:24 Pelham man pleads guilty to anabolic steroid distribution charges
- 18:57 Danny White on return to ASU: 'It's genetic with me'
- 18:52 German parliament considers changing 'father of house' rules
- 18:46 Third note threatening shooting at Flagstaff High School surfaces
- 18:37 UN condemns North Korea tests which contribute to nukes
- 18:37 Police: Mesa woman missing, endangered
- 18:17 Ukraine ex-finance minister to oversee Puerto Rico crisis