‘Big Z’ showing big skills for Crusaders
While other elite prep basketball players were competing in their respective age groups on the AAU circuit two summers ago, Nura Zanna was exchanging body blows and elbows with grown men in scrimmages for the Nigerian U-16 national team.
Now a rugged 6-6, 230-pound power forward with nimble footwork and a game fashioned after his storied countryman Hakeem Olajuwon, it is the 16-year old Zanna standing out like a man among boys in leading Coral Springs Christian (14-2, ranked No.&#x2009;8... read more
Most read news
- 19:57 Christie for president? Wife quits her job
- 19:45 Houston High hits the bullseye with gun show fundraiser
- 18:51 Officials: Ex-FBI chief Freeh nearly died in Vt. crash
- 18:41 Stunner: Rangers close to acquiring Josh Hamilton from Angels
- 18:13 BMW, Porsche roll out Apple Watch apps for cars
- 18:10 The week in Reviewed: Dresses made of beer?
- 18:10 How Comcast, Time Warner Cable deal unraveled
- 18:08 Roger Goodell says NFL is sending a message about domestic violence
- 17:48 White House won't rule out hostage 'czar'
- 17:32 The Mothership: Summer's nerdiest movies