‘Big Z’ showing big skills for Crusaders
‘Big Z’ showing big skills for Crusaders While other elite prep basketball players were competing in their respective age groups on the AAU circuit two summers ago, Nura Zanna was exchanging body blows and elbows with grown men in scrimmages for the Nigerian U-16 national team.
Now a rugged 6-6, 230-pound power forward with nimble footwork and a game fashioned after his storied countryman Hakeem Olajuwon, it is the 16-year old Zanna standing out like a man among boys in leading... read more
Most read news
- 07:13 Sugar makes you fat (and it may be killing you)
- 07:12 Michigan man among 1st in U.S. to get 'bionic eye' at U-M facility
- 07:11 Bank Watch roundup: Only Wells Fargo gets an ‘A'
- 07:10 Delay sought in loud music killing trial
- 07:06 Miami one of 15 cities invited to bid on 2016 Democratic convention
- 06:42 Michigan man, 71, dies after truck pins him
- 06:39 Ionia prison escapee scheduled for court today
- 06:15 Obama opens 4-country, Asia-Pacific trip in Tokyo
- 06:15 Detroit man, 29, faces life sentence for killing family members
- 06:15 Michigan to designate veterans on driver's licenses