‘Big Z’ showing big skills for Crusaders
While other elite prep basketball players were competing in their respective age groups on the AAU circuit two summers ago, Nura Zanna was exchanging body blows and elbows with grown men in scrimmages for the Nigerian U-16 national team.
Now a rugged 6-6, 230-pound power forward with nimble footwork and a game fashioned after his storied countryman Hakeem Olajuwon, it is the 16-year old Zanna standing out like a man among boys in leading Coral Springs Christian (14-2, ranked No. 8... read more
Most read news
- 04:17 Man who allegedly terrorized African-American campers faces...
- 03:18 TV tonight: 'Mistresses,' 'Rookie,' 'Dome'
- 03:15 No. 1 seed Novak Djokovic dances into 3rd round of U.S. Open
- 03:03 Obama touts support for Alaska in visit to Kotzebue
- 02:38 Pat Haden: Steve Sarkisian must win back trust of USC fans
- 02:22 Prep volleyball: Wednesday's Cook Inlet Conference results
- 02:22 Wednesday's prep tennis: West blanks East
- 02:21 Report: Ohio State QB Cardale Jones taken to hospital with headache
- 01:41 Alaskans have the need for speed on climate change mitigation
- 00:33 Guatemala prosecutor gets judge's order to detain president