‘Big Z’ showing big skills for Crusaders
While other elite prep basketball players were competing in their respective age groups on the AAU circuit two summers ago, Nura Zanna was exchanging body blows and elbows with grown men in scrimmages for the Nigerian U-16 national team.
Now a rugged 6-6, 230-pound power forward with nimble footwork and a game fashioned after his storied countryman Hakeem Olajuwon, it is the 16-year old Zanna standing out like a man among boys in leading Coral Springs Christian (14-2, ranked No.&#x2009;8... read more
Most read news
- 07:10 Business North Carolina to be sold to The Pilot
- 07:04 Charlotte fire fighters respond to south Charlotte blaze
- 06:57 Survey: Firms optimistic on hiring, wages in Q1
- 06:53 Australia's knighting of Prince Philip prompts puzzlement
- 06:51 Crews battle northwest Charlotte fire at trucking company
- 06:19 What to Watch on Monday: ‘Night Will Fall' doc looks at 1945...
- 06:16 Euro wobbles as anti-austerity party set to govern Greece
- 06:14 Win for Greece's far-left Syriza party sows fresh fears for eurozone
- 05:58 Charlotte traffic: Two accidents reported early Montday morning
- 05:46 New headphones look sci-fi, have audio that's hi-fi