‘Big Z’ showing big skills for Crusaders
While other elite prep basketball players were competing in their respective age groups on the AAU circuit two summers ago, Nura Zanna was exchanging body blows and elbows with grown men in scrimmages for the Nigerian U-16 national team.
Now a rugged 6-6, 230-pound power forward with nimble footwork and a game fashioned after his storied countryman Hakeem Olajuwon, it is the 16-year old Zanna standing out like a man among boys in leading Coral Springs Christian (14-2, ranked No.&#x2009;8... read more
Most read news
- 16:23 Border deaths drop to 15-year low, U.S. says
- 16:19 Canadian police: no link between soldier attacks
- 15:57 Cremation fears leave empty Ebola beds in Liberia
- 15:49 DeCock: UNC experience raises old questions about compatibility of...
- 15:35 Black ASU leaders seek compromise on face-paint ban
- 15:32 Officials examine White House 'security posture'
- 14:04 Arizona Wildcats vs. Washington State - scouting report
- 13:58 2 wounded in Avondale police shooting
- 13:51 Question: Is there an upcoming document-shredding event?
- 13:51 MCSO: Students fight with Boulder Creek High official