‘Big Z’ showing big skills for Crusaders
While other elite prep basketball players were competing in their respective age groups on the AAU circuit two summers ago, Nura Zanna was exchanging body blows and elbows with grown men in scrimmages for the Nigerian U-16 national team.
Now a rugged 6-6, 230-pound power forward with nimble footwork and a game fashioned after his storied countryman Hakeem Olajuwon, it is the 16-year old Zanna standing out like a man among boys in leading Coral Springs Christian (14-2, ranked No.&#x2009;8... read more
Most read news
- 05:52 Palestinians throw stones, injure Israeli boy
- 05:30 Kurds push into Sinjar; Iraqis battle for airport
- 05:12 Nigeria's home-grown Islamic uprising poses regional threat
- 04:17 Gabon police break up opposition rally, 1 killed
- 03:38 Service dominates West wrestling tourney
- 03:38 Barrow captures T-bird Classic title behind Hepa's 22 rebounds
- 02:51 Tunisians head to elect president in runoff
- 00:52 The total absence of heat in Fairbanks, Alaska
- 00:52 Jenkins: Only fools -- or worse -- chant for death of cops
- 00:42 'Loving Nature, Fearing the State' probes intersection of...