‘Big Z’ showing big skills for Crusaders
While other elite prep basketball players were competing in their respective age groups on the AAU circuit two summers ago, Nura Zanna was exchanging body blows and elbows with grown men in scrimmages for the Nigerian U-16 national team.
Now a rugged 6-6, 230-pound power forward with nimble footwork and a game fashioned after his storied countryman Hakeem Olajuwon, it is the 16-year old Zanna standing out like a man among boys in leading Coral Springs Christian (14-2, ranked No. 8... read more
Most read news
- 17:37 Senate starts on House budget, but seems unlikely to accept the...
- 17:37 Lizards, snakes attract thousands to Repticon Orlando
- 17:37 Veteran on front lines in battle at Orlando housing project
- 17:01 Victoria Azarenka sounds off on umpire's call, lobbies for review...
- 16:11 Ex-NBA all-star Chris Gatling arrested in online credit card scam
- 15:41 Nationals put Stephen Strasburg on DL with stiff neck
- 15:38 Columbus Crew at Orlando City match preview
- 15:38 Rand Paul says he'll force expiration of Patriot Act
- 15:21 Serena Williams survives scare vs. Victoria Azarenka at French Open
- 14:53 Disney's Animal Kingdom: Harambe Market now open