‘Big Z’ showing big skills for Crusaders
While other elite prep basketball players were competing in their respective age groups on the AAU circuit two summers ago, Nura Zanna was exchanging body blows and elbows with grown men in scrimmages for the Nigerian U-16 national team.
Now a rugged 6-6, 230-pound power forward with nimble footwork and a game fashioned after his storied countryman Hakeem Olajuwon, it is the 16-year old Zanna standing out like a man among boys in leading Coral Springs Christian (14-2, ranked No. 8 in 3A) to its best start.
“Nura has a chance to be very special,” Crusaders... read more
- 12:33 Bryant student facing drug charges after dorm raid
- 12:32 Massive oil theft by pirates costs Nigeria $1.5 billion every month
- 12:25 Cracker Jack goes digital, does away with classic prize inside
- 12:23 Connor Cook slides to Raiders in fourth round of NFL draft
- 12:23 NFL draft tracker: Rounds 4 through 7
- 12:07 5 things to know about Ky.'s Confederate monument
- 12:07 Confederate memorial at Ky. university to be removed
- 11:48 Woman, 4 grandchildren killed in East Texas flooding
- 11:48 San Francisco chief releases racist texts, orders training
- 11:48 Colorado woman gets 100 years for cutting baby from womb