‘Big Z’ showing big skills for Crusaders
While other elite prep basketball players were competing in their respective age groups on the AAU circuit two summers ago, Nura Zanna was exchanging body blows and elbows with grown men in scrimmages for the Nigerian U-16 national team.
Now a rugged 6-6, 230-pound power forward with nimble footwork and a game fashioned after his storied countryman Hakeem Olajuwon, it is the 16-year old Zanna standing out like a man among boys in leading Coral Springs Christian (14-2, ranked No.&#x2009;8... read more
Most read news
- 21:52 U.N. summit: Europe touts 40% carbon cut goal
- 21:49 Texas Tech defense hits rock bottom; LB says: 'It was 100 percent...
- 21:49 Cleburne Commission votes to make compliance officer part-time...
- 21:27 ASU has prominent role in NCAA Final Four bid
- 21:24 Former Miss USA visits Phoenix to spread recovery message
- 21:24 Prosecutors delay decision on Green Acre case
- 21:07 Mecklenburg County high school football standings 09.22.14
- 21:07 Observer-area high school football leaders 09.22.14
- 20:46 Health officials confirm 6 cases of enterovirus D68 in NC
- 20:46 Charlotte approves tax break for software company