‘Big Z’ showing big skills for Crusaders
While other elite prep basketball players were competing in their respective age groups on the AAU circuit two summers ago, Nura Zanna was exchanging body blows and elbows with grown men in scrimmages for the Nigerian U-16 national team.
Now a rugged 6-6, 230-pound power forward with nimble footwork and a game fashioned after his storied countryman Hakeem Olajuwon, it is the 16-year old Zanna standing out like a man among boys in leading Coral Springs Christian (14-2, ranked No.&#x2009;8... read more
Most read news
- 05:54 Sunny, comfy weekend ahead
- 05:17 UEFA: Serbia gets 3-0 win vs Albania but no points
- 04:53 Maricopa County marriage licenses up after same-sex ruling
- 03:56 Behind the scenes of Bentley the dog's Ebola quarantine
- 03:53 Cancer, stroke can't keep Phoenix ballplayer off field
- 03:53 Dangerous hash-oil blasts are increasing concern
- 02:44 N.Y. doctor with Ebola 'a dedicated humanitarian'
- 02:44 Trump hits Twitter to blame Obama for Ebola in NYC
- 02:14 Woman struck, killed by hit-and-run driver in Phoenix
- 01:50 Oncor plans increased maintenance spending in 2015