‘Big Z’ showing big skills for Crusaders
While other elite prep basketball players were competing in their respective age groups on the AAU circuit two summers ago, Nura Zanna was exchanging body blows and elbows with grown men in scrimmages for the Nigerian U-16 national team.
Now a rugged 6-6, 230-pound power forward with nimble footwork and a game fashioned after his storied countryman Hakeem Olajuwon, it is the 16-year old Zanna standing out like a man among boys in leading Coral Springs Christian (14-2, ranked No. 8... read more
Most read news
- 23:00 Suspect held in New Orleans playground shooting spree
- 22:47 We'll have to work together to put Alaska's fiscal house in order
- 22:47 Alaska governor's environmental record falls far short of voters'...
- 22:28 NFL playoff picture post-Week 12: Who's in good shape?
- 22:02 Celebrities react to Kobe Bryant's retirement news
- 21:57 Vuzix Corp. sees future in augmented reality
- 21:46 Dueling Hanneman brothers kick off SuperTour ski series in...
- 21:28 Why Kobe Bryant will be a first-ballot Hall of Famer
- 21:28 Bell: Steelers may be dogged by Mike Tomlin's failed gamble all season
- 21:28 76ers lose to Grizzlies to tie worst start in NBA history