‘Big Z’ showing big skills for Crusaders
While other elite prep basketball players were competing in their respective age groups on the AAU circuit two summers ago, Nura Zanna was exchanging body blows and elbows with grown men in scrimmages for the Nigerian U-16 national team.
Now a rugged 6-6, 230-pound power forward with nimble footwork and a game fashioned after his storied countryman Hakeem Olajuwon, it is the 16-year old Zanna standing out like a man among boys in leading Coral Springs Christian (14-2, ranked No. 8... read more
Most read news
- 09:11 Meal deals at Main Street eateries
- 09:00 Kung Fu Panda: First a movie, now a cruise ship restaurant
- 08:54 Germany shelves Nazi crimes probe of U.S. man
- 08:54 Cobra caught inside Houston downtown high-rise
- 08:46 10Best: Bike rides by the water
- 08:46 Yellowstone National Park: Dizzying diversity starts at doorstep
- 08:46 D.C. by wheelchair: Putting ADA to the test
- 08:30 Firm's cash for stripper? Craziest crimes of the week
- 08:08 Cincinnati reaction not like 'Ferguson ... Baltimore'
- 07:45 Zimbabwe to seek extradition of dentist who killed Cecil the lion