‘Big Z’ showing big skills for Crusaders
While other elite prep basketball players were competing in their respective age groups on the AAU circuit two summers ago, Nura Zanna was exchanging body blows and elbows with grown men in scrimmages for the Nigerian U-16 national team.
Now a rugged 6-6, 230-pound power forward with nimble footwork and a game fashioned after his storied countryman Hakeem Olajuwon, it is the 16-year old Zanna standing out like a man among boys in leading Coral Springs Christian (14-2, ranked No. 8... read more
Most read news
- 15:35 Alaska Rep. Max Gruenberg, long-time House member, has died
- 15:29 Denzel Valentine-led No. 8 Michigan State tops Indiana 88-69
- 15:29 Top 25 Capsules
- 15:26 Jennifer Lawrence donates $2M to Kentucky children's hospital
- 15:26 6 high court cases that could change with Scalia's death
- 15:22 No. 3 Notre Dame women rout No. 19 Miami 90-69
- 15:22 Johnson, Paige help No. 9 Tar Heels roll past Panthers 85-64
- 15:08 Will Muschamp didn't make it at Florida, can he turn South Carolina...
- 14:54 The Supreme Court, tied in knots
- 14:49 Plan your week in entertainment 2-14