10 things to know about Suns PG Elfrid Payton
NEW ORLEANS - The Suns have a road game Monday in New Orleans. Point guard Elfrid Payton will be home.
Payton grew up in Gretna, La., a small town of about 5,000 people that sits on the west bank of the Mississippi River, 5.2 miles from New Orleans.
“It's a pretty solid town, not too much different from New Orleans,” Payton said. “Good people. Great food. Pretty much the same thing as what's going on in New Orleans.”
Oh, about that Cajun food? Payton loves gumbo, red beans and jambalaya. Just don't ask him to whip them up in his kitchen.
“I can cook if I had to but I would rather not,” he... read more
- 10:55 Houston reaches $40M settlement with pension actuarial firm
- 10:36 Arizona's best high school track programs: Chandler making mark
- 09:34 The Latest: Trump 'considering' veto of budget bill
- 08:46 Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...