100 mph speed may have been factor in crash killing Tour de Palm Springs cyclist, CHP says
CLOSE Tour de Palm Springs cyclists struck by vehicle on Dillon Road, one dead. Buy Photo
One person was killed and two others were injured Saturday in a collision involving bicyclists and a car witnesses said was moving as fast as 100 mph along the Tour de Palm Springs route, near Indio Hills.
The collision was reported at 9:25 a.m. on eastbound Dillon Road, south of Tinker Road.
Numerous bicyclists participating in the Tour de Palm Springs were traveling eastbound on Dillon Road as the vehicle, a sedan, came from behind and veered into the westbound lane and then went off the roadway... read more
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Car hits 3 pedestrians in Phoenix
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died
- 16:45 Phoenix ranks 9th most unaffordable city for renters, according to...
- 16:45 Bills take aim at Arizona's booming drug rehab industry
- 16:45 Police arrest man they say was impaired at time of fatal Scottsdale...
- 16:35 Severe winter storm, heavy snow headed to northern Arizona
- 15:42 Michigan basketball pushes through Ohio State on senior day, 74-62
- 15:33 Austin Hatch dresses on Michigan's senior day as honorary captain
- 15:14 Boy, 3, pulled 'unresponsive' from Queen Creek-area pool