100 mph speed may have been factor in crash killing Tour de Palm Springs cyclist, CHP says
CLOSE Tour de Palm Springs cyclists struck by vehicle on Dillon Road, one dead. Buy Photo
One person was killed and two others were injured Saturday in a collision involving bicyclists and a car witnesses said was moving as fast as 100 mph along the Tour de Palm Springs route, near Indio Hills.
The collision was reported at 9:25 a.m. on eastbound Dillon Road, south of Tinker Road.
Numerous bicyclists participating in the Tour de Palm Springs were traveling eastbound on Dillon Road as the vehicle, a sedan, came from behind and veered into the westbound lane and then went off the roadway... read more
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...