15-year-old girl, raped and set on fire, left to fight for life in India
NEW DELHI — A 15-year-old girl was fighting for her life in a New Delhi hospital Tuesday after being raped and set on fire on the rooftop terrace of her family's home in a village outside the city, police said.
The attack is just one of several recently reported cases of rapes of women or children in India — underlining the persistence of such violence despite a public outcry three years ago that led to stronger laws against sexual assault.
In the latest case, police have arrested a 20-year-old man suspected of raping and attempting to burn the girl to death Monday in Tigri village, near... read more
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat