15 years in prison for man who shot at police helicopter during Blount County standoff
A Blount County man who fired on a law enforcement helicopter last year has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.
Richard M. Clark, 41, pleaded guilty to attempted murder, two counts of kidnapping, one count of shooting into an occupied aircraft and one count of shooting into an occupied dwelling, District Attorney Pamela Casey announced today.
The incident happened in September 2015 when Blount County sheriff's deputies were called to Ballard Road in the Susan Moore community on a report of someone firing a gun. When lawmen arrived on the scene, they were met with gunfire. Five people in... read more
- 04:22 Russia: Asking permission before taking organs is 'inhumane'
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 20:45 Trump warns of dire consequences if Democrats take House