15 years in prison for man who shot at police helicopter during Blount County standoff
A Blount County man who fired on a law enforcement helicopter last year has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.
Richard M. Clark, 41, pleaded guilty to attempted murder, two counts of kidnapping, one count of shooting into an occupied aircraft and one count of shooting into an occupied dwelling, District Attorney Pamela Casey announced today.
The incident happened in September 2015 when Blount County sheriff's deputies were called to Ballard Road in the Susan Moore community on a report of someone firing a gun. When lawmen arrived on the scene, they were met with gunfire. Five people in... read more
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law
- 16:06 Something to brag about? ASU beat five teams contending for a...
- 15:52 Jets emerging as 'serious' contender to sign Ndamukong Suh, per report
- 15:41 Rochester Amerks 'humble' legend Dick Gamble dies
- 15:21 Arizona Cardinals NFL draft history: A look at the defensive backs
- 14:55 NFL players: Study to detect CTE markers in the living needs you