15 years in prison for man who shot at police helicopter during Blount County standoff
A Blount County man who fired on a law enforcement helicopter last year has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.
Richard M. Clark, 41, pleaded guilty to attempted murder, two counts of kidnapping, one count of shooting into an occupied aircraft and one count of shooting into an occupied dwelling, District Attorney Pamela Casey announced today.
The incident happened in September 2015 when Blount County sheriff's deputies were called to Ballard Road in the Susan Moore community on a report of someone firing a gun. When lawmen arrived on the scene, they were met with gunfire. Five people in... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...