2 dead after attack on police in China's far west
BEIJING -- Police in China's restive western region of Xinjiang shot dead an armed assailant for attacking an officer, who later died, state media said Wednesday.
The suspect used unspecified weapons to injure a police officer in the city of Urumqi on Monday night, the official China News Service reported. Officers who arrived at the site shot the attacker dead.
The injured officer, who was 29, later died, the news agency reported.
The report did not identify the ethnicity of the assailant, but it was the latest in a series of attacks pointing to growing unrest in the sprawling region.... read more
- 02:23 Defense sparkles again as Diamondbacks take series against Giants
- 01:52 EPA head showed penchant for travel, drivers even before DC
- 01:06 In Comey memos, Trump talks of jailed journalists, 'hookers'
- 01:06 Trump legal team in Russia probe gets Rudy Giuliani
- 01:06 Tucson Roadrunners win playoff debut against San Jose Barracuda
- 00:11 Matthew Liberatore wins battle of top prospects against Nolan Gorman
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 22:29 Game Day: Diamondbacks meet the Padres for first time in 2018
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance