2 dead after attack on police in China's far west
BEIJING Police in China's restive western region of Xinjiang shot dead an armed assailant for attacking an officer, who later died, state media said Wednesday.
The suspect used unspecified weapons to injure a police officer in the city of Urumqi on Monday night, the official China News Service reported. Officers who arrived at the site shot the attacker dead.
The injured officer, who was 29, later died, the news agency reported.
The report did not identify the ethnicity of the assailant, but it was the latest in a series of attacks pointing to growing unrest in the sprawling region.... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike