2 surfers bitten by sharks within minutes
New Smyrna Beach, Fla. -- Authorities cleared the water in New Smyrna Beach after two surfers were apparently bitten by sharks.
Volusia County Beach Patrol reports that a teenage boy and a young girl suffered bites within five minutes of each other Wednesday afternoon. They were both surfing in waist-deep water in the same area, but they weren't together.
Beach Patrol says the boy was taken by personal vehicle to a nearby hospital with cuts on his calf. The girl was taken by ambulance with a bite to the ankle.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal ( http://bit.ly/xdqUI1) reports that both victims... read more
- 13:46 White House celebrates birthday as Barron Trump turns 12
- 13:29 Higley's Marcus Edwards eyes return to sports after two strokes,...
- 13:02 Trump says he wants to meet with Russia's Putin soon
- 13:02 The Latest: Trump team makes overture to high-profile lawyer
- 12:45 NFL mock draft 2018: Arizona Cardinals not only team that needs...
- 12:34 The Latest: Lawyers debate 15-week abortion ban in court
- 11:43 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives poisonous spider bite,...
- 10:24 Teddy Bridgewater 'excited' about joining the Jets, but will he be...
- 10:08 Donors raise $560 million for Gaza water treatment plant
- 09:56 Austin police investigating suspicious package FedEx facility near...