2004 fraud case causes sparks in GOP party leader's race
AUSTIN -- A high-stakes internal fight in the Republican Party of Texas exploded into the open on Thursday as a Frisco candidate for party chair accused the current chairman of being unfit for reelection because he was charged with federal securities fraud 14 years ago.
Party insiders suggested the fight is really over who will control the party: Moderates or conservatives who have increasingly been at odds with each other in recent years over issues such as abortion, immigration, border security, school vouchers and the bathroom bill, among others.
In a speech to Lubbock Republicans, Cindy... read more
- 19:02 Houston native released after jailing in Vietnam pledges to help...
- 14:52 Listen: WhataMistake in the Senate race, Abbott's staff rolls in...
- 14:40 âShe canât even keep track of her gun.â Gov. Abbott attacks...
- 14:01 Why did Nancy Pelosi avoid the two hottest Texas congressional...
- 11:29 Melania Trump to address cyberbullying summit in Maryland
- 07:22 The Latest: Brennan says Trump is trying to silence critics